sure quiet around here lately...........

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
peoplemeter

I am not sure who to feel sorry for in here all I know is I am now stupider for reading this thread.

KC162 do you have a vacuum line attached to one side of your wastegate or both sides?

100% it’s at least been hooked to the wrong side before......, but below 4psi that wouldn’t make a difference would it ???

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% it’s at least been hooked to the wrong side before......, but below 4psi that wouldn’t make a difference would it ???
If you knew the whole story you wouldn't be such an arrogant f*k - my sled had an accident - I claimed it on ins - I took it to Bruno at the sled shop - he was not familiar with the redline box - he hooked baro to boost and boost to baro - he said it was from the the over the phone directions from Dave at redline

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sean, a zero boost sled is a zero boost sled. Don’t matter if it is a doo with a snail shaped exhaust or a poo with the sickest of cans on it. I would have thought that you would know this by taking part in the last 30 pages...

Ok guys, i think weve had enough schooling about pressures.

Its time to switch directions here and talk about POLARIS and their lack of pressure.

big_red1a

Reaction score
And zero pressure through all altitudes - it would only register boost on a boost gauge if the psi is over and above 14.7 - which it never will be - I hope someone puts a boost gauge on . ALL GAUGES AR CALIBRATED AT 14.7 SEA LEVEL!!!!!!!!

What if you were to install gauge and at 8000ft you loosen the screw on the back of the liquid boost gauge where the atmospheric pressure in below 14.7 bar the T850 would magically make 4psi boost!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So with the 2021 sleds released, and doo has the bar set high enough that the other manufacturers are still jumping up to try and reach it. Anyone think they will sit and wait until a manufacturer comes close, or will they keep pushing forward??

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So with the 2021 sleds released, and doo has the bar set high enough that the other manufacturers are still jumping up to try and reach it. Anyone think they will sit and wait until a manufacturer comes close, or will they keep pushing forward??

i was thinking about this today, after looking at all of the riding areas across BC average elevations it seems 6500-7000ft is the sweet spot for riding. So i was thinking it would be nice to have that +40 hp Max adantage set to 7000ft not 8000ft. Maybe we will see a 1psi increase.

I believe the other 2 manufacturers are 3+ years out from having a compensation system so i think skidoo will focus on the small things in the coming years. They now have a wicked platform to shed some weight from and build upon. Hopefully see a 4 year warranty again, But from a business standpoint, they can sit idle for a while.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
i was thinking about this today, after looking at all of the riding areas across BC average elevations it seems 6500-7000ft is the sweet spot for riding. So i was thinking it would be nice to have that +40 hp Max adantage set to 7000ft not 8000ft. Maybe we will see a 1psi increase.

I believe the other 2 manufacturers are 3+ years out from having a compensation system so i think skidoo will focus on the small things in the coming years. They now have a wicked platform to shed some weight from and build upon. Hopefully see a 4 year warranty again, But from a business standpoint, they can sit idle for a while.

Great point. 7000ft would be good for BC.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

On average in Sicamous I see 2.2-2.8 psi gain from elevation comp.
my guess would be they would boost hp to 175 ish for all elevation if they can with mediocre fuel being a variable

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have been told that Ski Doo has a 185HP flash, just waiting on when they will release it, could be a year or two,

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I stopped coming on here for a couple reasons. One being back surgery and i never got to ride at all this season and wont. Two, it seems to be everyone drinks straight doolaid, or poolaid, and if you don't drink their juice you're an idiot.

longtrack 156

Reaction score
What if you were to install gauge and at 8000ft you loosen the screw on the back of the liquid boost gauge where the atmospheric pressure in below 14.7 bar the T850 would magically make 4psi boost!

So I live at 1700' altitude and my tires are supposed to be at 32 psi is that here or sea level? I am so confused?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Interesting comment.... highly presumptuous!!! Apparently the only mountain market skidoo has is in BC...?!
Poor guys in Colorado will just have to work around the “BC sled” calibration??

Top Bottom