Stolen sled. This is ballsy

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Pretty sure my dog gave someone the what-for yesterday.....

significant amount of blood on the garage floor inside and out right beside the man door, blood trail across the deck and out the man gate, across the driveway and up the road.

At first I thought it might have been an animal (cat/rabbit/coon) but last I checked animals don't have the ability to open/close doors and gates. I figure someone tried to get into the garage and shadow doesn't play nice. looks like he got a chunk of someone who luckily for their sake was able to get out of the garage without the dogs. when we got home the dogs were still in the garage with the door closed and the yard gate was closed.

Wow. Hopefully they don't try again

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I would do time to protect my stuff and/or my family.
Sometime ,someone will have enough and pull out a weapon and that will be it. Unfortunately the owner or "shooter" will get jail for protecting his property. We've seen that before , getting bad enough that you can't even lock your stuff up or box in your vehicles on your driveways . Really ? Chit needs to change in the legal system.

Feel bad for the owners loss, he did what he could to deter the crooks

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think that guy was way too careless. Only once I had my sled outside inside of my truck, and I almost didn't sleep- was looking to the window.
It seems to me that these bad guys knew the owner of the sled.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think that guy was way too careless. Only once I had my sled outside inside of my truck, and I almost didn't sleep- was looking to the window.

Wait.... What....? REALLY?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

Really? What else should he have done?

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just don't understand how his sled got spotted.
Well, look at my property, the same vehicles are driving out morning and then back in evening. Not so many strangers, right?
Basically the same ppl are driving around.
Had I left my sled outside, the chance that it would have got stolen?
Either these bastards are in constant move, searching for prey, either someone calls them?
In the first scenario sled must have been there for a while, right?
Implementing neighbor watch scheme, should help.
I am not justifying these bastards, I am trying to fight that problem.
Where are all these sleds going? Parting out?

Last edited:

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When my sled got stolen years ago the cops said over 20 sleds were stolen the same week and they believed it was a ring that smuggles them into U.S. into a state that does not require registration, thus no one even looks at serial numbers. I think a lot still end up there. The losers are constantly trolling neighbourhoods for crimes of opportunity....

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
Just seen a post on my face book that this has been sitting on the side of the road for 3 days not sure where but the person that posted it is from gp

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
View attachment 182757
Just seen a post on my face book that this has been sitting on the side of the road for 3 days not sure where but the person that posted it is from gp
Sits in a field for 3 days un touched. But can't even sit in the back of the truck backed into the driveway overnight. Hopefully that's the guys' sled and its un damaged. My guess is it is out of fuel or blown up.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Why not just report it and its VIN to police?
Honestly, if it was me, i would've pulled over grabbed that sled up and took it to my house. Then go through the proper authorities. Just what a guy would need sled is found on the side of the road, then goes back and it's gone again. I guess having a hydraulic sled deck is kind of cheating. Put the deck down, winch the sled on the deck. And then lifter back up.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is horrible! We work hard enough to have our toys we shouldn't need to worry about someone taking them from us,
and the gas that gets stolen from the back of trucks drives me nuts to. It got me thinking today why do you see so many people toss their key in the gas cap at the staging area. Next thing we know we will be coming back to the truck and have no trucks to get into.
anyone caught stealing should loss their hand or something, or need to do 5 year in prison then 5 years community work to repay us for feeding them.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There where a few taken from airdrie this weekend broke into buddy' garage cops don't seem to do much but when some kids are going around steeling change out of cars there all over it all over the papers another question is where are all the sleds going must be organized and being shipped away there isn't that many parts for sale and at the rate there going missing every second sled sold would be hot

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if it was me, i would've pulled over grabbed that sled up and took it to my house. Then go through the proper authorities. Just what a guy would need sled is found on the side of the road, then goes back and it's gone again. I guess having a hydraulic sled deck is kind of cheating. Put the deck down, winch the sled on the deck. And then lifter back up.

Call first before you go ahead and load it up to bring home. That way there's no question in there minds of what's going on if they pull up while your loading it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call first before you go ahead and load it up to bring home. That way there's no question in there minds of what's going on if they pull up while your loading it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Better yet. Just call the cops.
If you do load it up and bring it home technically you could get charged with possession of stolen property if they wanted to be dicks. Unless it was just dumped on your property. Sad truth but truth just the same!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I guess that's the difference in big time Alberta and small town sask, always gotta cover your ass. Sask isn't too far behind anymore. Squatters from the city moving out to the country trying to "civilize" us country folk. Meanwhile they can walk their dog through your pasture without permission lol. Anyways still on the Third day I seen it I would've grabbed it. Left a note on a stick where it was with my contact info. Technology can be very helpful in these situations pictures have time stamps. Video is undesirable evidence in most cases.

Top Bottom