Stolen sled. This is ballsy

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be hard if the sled was on a deck and they strung a rope on the ski loops.. over headache rack and was easily unfastened.

I heard a few years back that someone stole a sled from a guy's truck, but just drove it over the headache rack, over the roof, down the hood and gone..

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to now describe my ideal ALTERNATE ENDING to this movie......The owner manages to sneak up while all of them are off the screen getting the sled hooked up...(when both the truck doors are open) and chucks the keys in a snow bank, and begins unloading a 12GA full of rubber slugs on these scumbags( i only say rubber cuz murder tends to get you arrested in canada even when people are on your property, stealing your sheet.....WTF Eh?)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Holy chit. Pretty brave is right. If the insurance companies get more than enough claims, they will start to complain to the authorities and then and only then will there be a crack down.

Once they have to start paying out too much money instead of realizing profits, they have enough clout to pull the strings to get some action.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Karma would of been nice with an incident of one of them slipping on some ice and cracking a skull on a bumper or something. It happens all the time, just don't leave foot prints to and from the back door. One day someone will catch a couple thieves and the stars will align. Fingers crossed.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to now describe my ideal ALTERNATE ENDING to this movie......The owner manages to sneak up while all of them are off the screen getting the sled hooked up...(when both the truck doors are open) and chucks the keys in a snow bank, and begins unloading a 12GA full of rubber slugs on these scumbags( i only say rubber cuz murder tends to get you arrested in canada even when people are on your property, stealing your sheet.....WTF Eh?)

We live out of town and the first 3 shots in our 12GA are the rubber bullets in one and bean bag in another. We have dogs and motion light and thankfully have never had a issue but it is well known that we aren't afraid to protect our property and family. It might sound harsh but sadly its the reality we live in. My next vote will be for a government that will be tough on crime, not more laws but real actions.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Holy chit. Pretty brave is right. If the insurance companies get more than enough claims, they will start to complain to the authorities and then and only then will there be a crack down.

Once they have to start paying out too much money instead of realizing profits, they have enough clout to pull the strings to get some action.

But first, anyone that owns a "toy" that is insured will get hammered by a rate increase. Same as when the floods in Southern Alberta happened, and now my home insurance (which is nowhere near a river or flood plain, and is on high ground) has almost doubled. Yeah, they'll get their money back alright!!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy chit man! Believe it or not, I have a buddy that backed his truck up to his house with a quad in the back. In the middle of the night, thieves disconnected his drive shaft, rolled the truck out of the driveway, and made off with the quad.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy chit man! Believe it or not, I have a buddy that backed his truck up to his house with a quad in the back. In the middle of the night, thieves disconnected his drive shaft, rolled the truck out of the driveway, and made off with the quad.
They don't even need to take shaft off

Every trans shifter cable just pops off, then can move trans shaft to neutral

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Pretty sure my dog gave someone the what-for yesterday.....

significant amount of blood on the garage floor inside and out right beside the man door, blood trail across the deck and out the man gate, across the driveway and up the road.

At first I thought it might have been an animal (cat/rabbit/coon) but last I checked animals don't have the ability to open/close doors and gates. I figure someone tried to get into the garage and shadow doesn't play nice. looks like he got a chunk of someone who luckily for their sake was able to get out of the garage without the dogs. when we got home the dogs were still in the garage with the door closed and the yard gate was closed.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

significant amount of blood on the garage floor inside and out right beside the man door, blood trail across the deck and out the man gate, across the driveway and up the road.

At first I thought it might have been an animal (cat/rabbit/coon) but last I checked animals don't have the ability to open/close doors and gates. I figure someone tried to get into the garage and shadow doesn't play nice. looks like he got a chunk of someone who luckily for their sake was able to get out of the garage without the dogs. when we got home the dogs were still in the garage with the door closed and the yard gate was closed.

not cool..... time to start locking your doors and setting alarms.......

although, it sounds like old Shadow is even better than any alarm system out there.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Same thing happened to my neighbour a couple years back, quad was brand new, they even put the truck back in the drive way

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they see enough in the garage to want to come back? Might be less fun for the dog this time if they do. Phuking thieves....

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Sometime ,someone will have enough and pull out a weapon and that will be it. Unfortunately the owner or "shooter" will get jail for protecting his property. We've seen that before , getting bad enough that you can't even lock your stuff up or box in your vehicles on your driveways . Really ? Chit needs to change in the legal system.

Feel bad for the owners loss, he did what he could to deter the crooks

Top Bottom