start of the new build

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get the oil injection thing figured out Fred, or did you ended up putting it back on?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had removed it and it ran with out, but we were having issues with cooling and detonation and in the trouble shooting process we built a custom tank for it and put it back on, since then we found the problem with the chassie cooling and plan to remove it again, but as of now its still on

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had removed it and it ran with out, but we were having issues with cooling and detonation and in the trouble shooting process we built a custom tank for it and put it back on, since then we found the problem with the chassie cooling and plan to remove it again, but as of now its still on

LOL imagine that folks he put the oil injection back on and now the sled runs...been their done that it won't work long term Fred I tried telling you this several times just leave it on and ride it how many lbs are you really saving by deleting it? I look forward to seeing what this carbon turbo etex can do. You know where I ride...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL imagine that folks he put the oil injection back on and now the sled runs...been their done that it won't work long term Fred I tried telling you this several times just leave it on and ride it how many lbs are you really saving by deleting it? I look forward to seeing what this carbon turbo etex can do. You know where I ride...

Freds engine problems were caused by a cooling issue from poor construction of the cooling system in the chassis, not by the oil delete. Saw it myself EZ.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freds engine problems were caused by a cooling issue from poor construction of the cooling system in the chassis, not by the oil delete. Saw it myself EZ.

Fair enough...Delete it again and tell me how the crank is in a year. Trust me it will go through cranks as it is a "DRY" case which means no fuel touches the crank so unless you have converted it to a wet crank then it won't work plain and simple have you modified your cases and converted it over?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fair enough...Delete it again and tell me how the crank is in a year. Trust me it will go through cranks as it is a "DRY" case which means no fuel touches the crank so unless you have converted it to a wet crank then it won't work plain and simple have you modified your cases and converted it over?

Im just saying the first 2 problems were cooling related. I'm not a tech.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not a big deal if oil injection stays on or off, the oil tank that is on there is small now and does not weight much and if I delete it I need to add 5 more liters of mixed fuel for a day ride... so its a wash since I have only been using 32 liters on our longest day... as for how we had it working, run 30 to 1 premix and also set up ptec oil pump shooting premix directly on the crank bearings.... that way you have fuel and oil on the bearings all the time and then secondary fuel adds extra under boost... that easy and works

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
set up ptec oil pump shooting premix directly on the crank bearings....

So technically you haven't deleted the oil injection all together because it can't actually be done.

What you have done is modified the injection system. In theory this will work but just to clear things up your still injecting oil therefore you haven't actually deleted the oil injection you have modified it.

I rest my case and will see you on the hill. Will you be attending Yamafest?

Thanks

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol your just to smart for your own good... have a good day

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In theory you could remove the injection system because the outer bearings are packed in grease and the auxilary fuel is injected in front of the reeds which do dump fuel into the case as the piston travels up plus its under boost.So yes you could delete the oil system.Not sure if computer would let it run this way but im sure there's a way to trick the sensor.Im not a tec either!

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
out two more days, took limiter strap up to 6 1/4" from rails and ski lift is minimal, ran 100% pump fuel, no codes, 60mph track speed.... second day 73miles on 35liters, with lots of wot pulls, one foot of fresh -13c

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fred when you get doubled out do you prefer to sit bitch on the front or sit bitch on the back? :)

Glad to hear you got things figured, can't wait to see it at Yamafest
Will you be turning up the boost? Or do you feel 5lbs is enough because your sled is so much lighter then everyone else's?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure when yammy feast is but this weekend I have family events and next weekend is easter, and there is also great snow half the distance of revy... and a lot less fog... as for boost 5lbs seams to be all the talent I have but do plan to turn it up soon

backchannel

Reaction score
In theory you could remove the injection system because the outer bearings are packed in grease and the auxilary fuel is injected in front of the reeds which do dump fuel into the case as the piston travels up plus its under boost.So yes you could delete the oil system.Not sure if computer would let it run this way but im sure there's a way to trick the sensor.Im not a tec either!

How will the rod and wrist pin bearings get lube?

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look into the cylinder reed intake port the aux ports on each side feed into crankcase. If he mixes oil with his aux fuel system in intake plenum. He will be sending the required oil, which doesn't need to be much!Rotax feeds the inner bearings with a electronically activated pump that places oil at bearings, it then migrates through bearings into case and onto rod bearings. Very little lube required. Not really rocket science!with the aux system boost it and others have created this is easy and may even improve life of engine with the cooling effect of fuel in case!

Last edited:

backchannel

Reaction score
If you look into the cylinder reed intake port the aux ports on each side feed into crankcase. If he mixes oil with his aux fuel system in intake plenum. He will be sending the required oil, which doesn't need to be much!Rotax feeds the inner bearings with a electronically activated pump that places oil at bearings, it then migrates through bearings into case and onto rod bearings. Very little lube required. Not really rocket science!with the aux system boost it and others have created this is easy and may even improve life of engine with the cooling effect of fuel in case!

Ack! We are talking about no oil pump. How does it lube when not on boost ; hint ........... there is no fuel or oil going into the crankcase then

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ack! We are talking about no oil pump. How does it lube when not on boost ; hint ........... there is no fuel or oil going into the crankcase then
. Hey backchannel if you let the smoke clear long enough in your room you will see this is the turbo section???ez smoker was referring to Fred's sled which I'm also referring to!! I give a rats a-- about a stocker!:frusty:

backchannel

Reaction score
. Hey backchannel if you let the smoke clear long enough in your room you will see this is the turbo section???ez smoker was referring to Fred's sled which I'm also referring to!! I give a rats a-- about a stocker!:frusty:

LOL Why would I be talking about anything other than Fred's turbo in his thread? How many times do I ask before someone explains how crankcase oiling happens with oil injection delete and when not in boost in an etec engine? IT DOESN'T.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol why would i be talking about anything other than fred's turbo in his thread? How many times do i ask before someone explains how crankcase oiling happens with oil injection delete and when not in boost in an etec engine? It doesn't.

bingo

Top Bottom