start of the new build

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah but what if he keeps burping the throttle as he rides to build boost ? Ah it's getting oiled?? Not really that hard to figure Bingo!!

backchannel

Reaction score
Ah but what if he keeps burping the throttle as he rides to build boost ? Ah it's getting oiled?? Not really that hard to figure Bingo!!

Yep, always knew that but I wouldn't do that to mine. Do you even own a turbo and know how to drive one? Glad to know that your estimation of the lubrication needed is somewhat different that the engineers that tested and developed their requirements.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't own one and never will! But have been around the odd engine! It is surprising to me how two guys are so knowledgable about someone else's stuff!! Fred doesn't like to argue but I do!Ive got a few builds under my belt and understand fully what the oil requirements are otherwise I wouldn't be arguing!

Last edited:

allrevsrule

Reaction score
Now Look here just one minute !! :nono:Were here to help Fred ! :dI agree with Deh Popper that will work and Deh Popper knows the know ! I am glad Fred is running good now! I may have to go out with him and poach his track to see if he is not over cheating! :nono:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will stay out of the oiling buttle, but seen it first hand work, but not over the course of a year:beer:... out last few days and all well again at 5lbs, 60mph on the display or 69mph corrected, straight pump fuel...

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how would one go anywhere with you with out a little cheating
Now Look here just one minute !! :nono:Were here to help Fred ! :dI agree with Deh Popper that will work and Deh Popper knows the know ! I am glad Fred is running good now! I may have to go out with him and poach his track to see if he is not over cheating! :nono:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
out the last three days in fernie, over 120 liters used, had some sweet new snow and sunny days, found a few hills that needed a few attempts to make and was finally able to look at gauges, seen a/f at 12.5 .... ran pump fuel and had strong track speeds...................time to turn up boost FILE0023 - YouTube

Attachments

• 382988_10151877585737942_1414491195_n.jpg
    382988_10151877585737942_1414491195_n.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 593

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's your summer going Farmer FredW? You do any changes to your toboggan over the summer? Any plans for this upcoming season?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been in combine mode for last month and will still be for a while, plans are to add snow/air this fall to turbo sled and enjoy it, was running well this spring

Would like to carbon the 880 as well this fall and try a new skid under it
we have to get out a few times this year as well

What's your plans for the new season

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Figured you would be stuck inside the tractor eating cheesies and dreaming of winter...:)

Yah looks like you had her dialed in the last few vids.

I'm just doing some cosmetics this year no major changes, might change skids also but so far just a chromoly bumper, powder coating some parts. Put on some new A Arms in the off season. Next will be some decal work and she's basically ready to ride

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for machinist to make me a few titanium jack shafts.... Any one know who would do this, local machinist don't do titanium

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well put order in today for carbon chassie from c3 for the bb880, c3 also sending out carbon fibre gauge and shroud holder for turbo sled... Let the fun begin

ordered two titanium jack shafts

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you getting the shafts through MVM? Just curious because I get them to build downhole tools for me. Might be able to get a titanium jackshaft from them on the cheap.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no they were not sure if they could, I found a guy in California that thinks it can be done, let you know if it can happen, building me a few titanium helixs I hope as well

received the 880bb, from splitsecond today, new crank and cylinders for this year

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
received carbon fiber hood from c3...fit and finish is as good as it gets, came with venting and led light and compared to stock parts removed it was 9lbs lighter

well the turbo project is winding down and other than a few minor jobs and snow/air installed we hope to have a reliable year with it..

should have carbon chasie in nov for the 880 build and plan to do a few things different and hope to be lighter than this build

Attachments

• IMG_1854.jpg
    IMG_1854.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_1855.JPG
    IMG_1855.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ordered a digital lift scale today so I will grab a few pictures soon...

put on a 40mm wide chain case belt over stock c3 35mm, hoping for less stretch and longer belt life

Attachments

• IMG_1856.jpg
    IMG_1856.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Top Bottom