start of the new build

Tylerj907

Reaction score
Fred

Is the 880 carbon chassis going to convert over to XM Geometry too? or are you sticking with the XP?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had had full intentions of doing the xp body chassie, but after seeing how c3 cf hood fits, and using carberators for this build, a place to draw cold air is very important.... His new hood could be the answer....

Fred

Is the 880 carbon chassis going to convert over to XM Geometry too? or are you sticking with the XP?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well last few pictures of the turbo build, built some titanium parts in replacement for steel for front ski skags, misc front spindle /ski parts and suspension, also did some light weighting to primary inner sheive, turned down 100 thou...secondary inner and outer sheives turned down 200 thou, turned jackahaft down 50 thou, removed a few ouces from helix...

Added some cool 4 ounce titanium ice scratchers. Along with Nexteck rear skid front mount adjustment

Went with 2.5 inch charge tube and bigger airbox inlet, installed a charge temp gauge, plans are to remove boost and a/f gauges mid season, if all is good

final parts to add are a titanium snow/air box and exhaust system

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 533
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 555
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 519
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 543
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 554
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 549
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 548
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 521
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 547
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 526

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put sled on the digital scale, all fluids full, ready to
ride, also took some weights of front of sled compared to back of sled

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 529
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 536
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 530
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 533
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 537
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 533

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is going on with your oil tank? Something custom there.

for what it's worth the pb80 clutch is still lighter than your race tra. I know some guys out east we're using this clutch on turbo 4strokes in the 2-210 range. If I remember correctly the one I put on my big bore weighted 9lbs and change.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes oil tank was modded to allow charge tube to fit....

We had some time to weigh a full of liquids 154 etec with the 2.25 profile and stock can, we then also weighted a 270 mcx nitro with 3/4 tank of fuel and a 163by 2.5 track to compare

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 435
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 429
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 446
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Fred did you figure out what went wrong last weekend? When will you have it running again? Did that belt we helped you change rub on that piece at all again? I haven't laughed so hard before in my life when you did your swan dive, glad you were ok. That creek should fill in soon. Be great to run into you again, have a great season, hopefully next time you will have all the gremlins worked out.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes discussed with mechanic yesterday, pto side detonation, feels bog and det from old fuel... Could of should of replaced it from the spring... My screw up

The belt tensioner had a crack as we seen on tighter bolt, new belt looks good

yes my acrobatic skills could use some work, I seen i put a small hole threw google holder from my helmet cam hammering it... :crazy:

Wife is back on the fourth, so anytime after that to get out, and 880 chassie to pick up from c3 as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 398
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 404
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol.... Ya that carbon pig was full...

Hey was the mighty carbon turbo big lug full of fuel when you weighed it ??

Grabed a weight off of front of nytro and back, the rear was 175lbs, front 375

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 364
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey FredW do you have the carbon Etec Arowcharger unit back together yet? Have you put any miles on her since the latest engine rebuild? What did you end up doing to fix the belt drive? Was hoping to see you last weekend for the HM turbo days but I don't think anybody seen much of anyone! Was just thinking again of your front flip over the bars in front of the cabin haha oh man hope to see you out again soon Fred let me know when your coming down next buddy

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya back together, just know time to get out with kids and wife Christmas parties, and flight school, but as of the 26th I'm looking to ride... Belt drive was a broken plate on bottom where tighter bolt was, need a heavier plate like we had though, hopefully now it runs like it should once again.... Snow and cold I hope get better soon, see you down therethere

Hey FredW do you have the carbon Etec Arowcharger unit back together yet? Have you put any miles on her since the latest engine rebuild? What did you end up doing to fix the belt drive? Was hoping to see you last weekend for the HM turbo days but I don't think anybody seen much of anyone! Was just thinking again of your front flip over the bars in front of the cabin haha oh man hope to see you out again soon Fred let me know when your coming down next buddy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 619

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out last week at Revy, stayed at the peaks, great place, and great food... Loved the idea from sledding from the door

Sled ran great, best spool up I have ever had, better than a stocker from a dead stop, think the weight loss to primary, secondary shelves and jack shaft along with the larger air box all complemented quicker spool

found that with the changes I did By making the bigger charge tube I was able to drop three clickers on the primary, and highest intake temps I seen were just over 100f at 5 lbs, best track speeds to date

Broke another c3 belt drive early day, second belt did much better, after talking with mittisubusi again, will be sending me a 39mm wide. Belt to try soon

meet up with e-zmoke, and played on sugar bowl, and a few others, he's a good rider and his boost it sled ran great, had a bit of a **** show latter in the day and will cost me some cash.... Where a teather was the hard lessen

dsenych

Reaction score
Out last week at Revy, stayed at the peaks, great place, and great food... Loved the idea from sledding from the door

Sled ran great, best spool up I have ever had, better than a stocker from a dead stop, think the weight loss to primary, secondary shelves and jack shaft along with the larger air box all complemented quicker spool

found that with the changes I did By making the bigger charge tube I was able to drop three clickers on the primary, and highest intake temps I seen were just over 100f at 5 lbs, best track speeds to date

Broke another c3 belt drive early day, second belt did much better, after talking with mittisubusi again, will be sending me a 39mm wide. Belt to try soon

meet up with e-zmoke, and played on sugar bowl, and a few others, he's a good rider and his boost it sled ran great, had a bit of a **** show latter in the day and will cost me some cash.... Where a teather was the hard lessen

Just out of curiosity how much HP are you producing with your turbo?

allrevsrule

Reaction score
I believe when he raced with me this summer he had to of lost 20 lbs we never fed him in two weeks ! That's 10 hp right there! haha! Fred rocks !

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i first put the aero on three years ago I ran up to nine pounds with the stock sled configuration, now three years latter on a different setup configuration and chassis I seam to max my talent 5 lbs.... But same clutching as the old days

So as for hp not sure, but would think a solid 200hp, but think chassis makes it a very efficient hp

Just out of curiosity how much HP are you producing with your turbo?

as for best bang for your buck... I learned from a fast fast man... Rotating mass and efficientlyefficiently

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well out with the sled the last week four days in sunny Revy... Sled ran incredible and climbed everything it was pointed too mostly... For the first time I never had any issues with the c3 belt drive... Maybe the 38mm wide belt is the answer

We had very good snow three of the days and sled pulled very strong, on the last two days started to turn up boost and even had more fun...lol... Crazy track speeds

Skid was not very happy, but after taking rear spring to max tension, it held the skis down well, but gives a rougher ride in general

On the last day of the last hr, we had stopped to have a beer, and sled would not start, really sucked but found out it was a broken electrode on pto plug if you can believe That...

pulled some 25 second wot runs and never seen over 100f on charge temps, even up to 7lbs...

Overall I am very pleased with this build, comments from buddy's that rode it were very positive, they could really feel power and weight difference over there 174 xms...

Few vids of some climbs, had to use iPhone so bear with it... And the commentary...lol

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=sOklzTWEeLU

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=1wFredoJRk4

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=_BnLIyZTJt4
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=3g-86cLTnPU

longpull01

Reaction score
My heavy nytro will drag that doo up the hill if ya need. Great comparison there bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom