Stand up for your atv rights before they are lost!!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Each and every to there own i say,it is near impossible to teach common sense i for one leave it clean and take my chit home peeps should take lessons or classes from other peeps that r responsible campers/atv,rs Imo!

Teaching common sense and respect is easy to teach but that starts with parenting .
Not that easy later on in life to teach as I think they call it entitlement ?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Each and every to there own i say,it is near impossible to teach common sense i for one leave it clean and take my chit home peeps should take lessons or classes from other peeps that r responsible campers/atv,rs Imo!

Teaching common sense and respect is easy to teach but that starts with parenting .
Not that easy later on in life to teach as I think they call it entitlement ?

haven you heard?

Obituary of Common Sense !
Today, we mourn the passing of an old friend by the name of Common Sense.
Common Sense lived a long life, but died from heart failure at the brink of the Millennium. No one really knows how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He selflessly devoted his life to service in schools; hospitals, homes, factories and offices, helping folks get jobs done without fanfare and foolishness.
For decades, petty rules, silly laws and frivolous lawsuits held no power over Common Sense. He was credited with cultivating such valued lessons as to know when to come in from rain, the early bird gets the worm and life isn't always fair.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn), reliable parenting strategies (the adults are in charge, not the kids), and it's okay to come in second.
A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, and the Technological Revolution, Common Sense survived cultural and educational trends including feminism, body piercing, whole language and new math.
But his health declined when he became infected with the "if-it-only-helps-one-person-it's-worth-it" virus. In recent decades, his waning strength proved no match for the ravages of overbearing federal legislation.
He watched in pain as good people became ruled by self-seeking lawyers and enlightened auditors. His health rapidly deteriorated when schools endlessly implemented zero tolerance policies; when reports were heard of six year old boys charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; when a teen was suspended for taking a swig of mouthwash after lunch; when a teacher was fired for reprimanding an unruly student. It declined even further when schools had to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student but couldn't inform the parent when a female student is pregnant or wants an abortion.
Finally, Common Sense lost his will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses, criminals received better treatment than victims, and federal judges stuck their noses in everything from Boy Scouts to professional sports.
As the end neared, Common Sense drifted in and out of logic but was kept informed of developments, regarding questionable regulations for asbestos, low-flow toilets, smart guns, the nurturing of Prohibition Laws and mandatory air bags.
Finally, when told that the homeowners association restricted exterior furniture only to that which enhanced property values, he breathed his last.
Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son Reason. His three stepbrothers survive him: Rights, Tolerance and Whiner.
Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
Author Unknown

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do horse peeps know what to do when they meet motorized equipment ??
Lol

Sure they do. They look at you like they are almighty and you are a POS whiles their horse takes a dump on the trail.
Oh wait, that was when I was mountain biking. Not sure what they do for quads:confused:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haven you heard?

Obituary of Common Sense !
Today, we mourn the passing of an old friend by the name of Common Sense.
Common Sense lived a long life, but died from heart failure at the brink of the Millennium. No one really knows how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He selflessly devoted his life to service in schools; hospitals, homes, factories and offices, helping folks get jobs done without fanfare and foolishness.
For decades, petty rules, silly laws and frivolous lawsuits held no power over Common Sense. He was credited with cultivating such valued lessons as to know when to come in from rain, the early bird gets the worm and life isn't always fair.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn), reliable parenting strategies (the adults are in charge, not the kids), and it's okay to come in second.
A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, and the Technological Revolution, Common Sense survived cultural and educational trends including feminism, body piercing, whole language and new math.
But his health declined when he became infected with the "if-it-only-helps-one-person-it's-worth-it" virus. In recent decades, his waning strength proved no match for the ravages of overbearing federal legislation.
He watched in pain as good people became ruled by self-seeking lawyers and enlightened auditors. His health rapidly deteriorated when schools endlessly implemented zero tolerance policies; when reports were heard of six year old boys charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; when a teen was suspended for taking a swig of mouthwash after lunch; when a teacher was fired for reprimanding an unruly student. It declined even further when schools had to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student but couldn't inform the parent when a female student is pregnant or wants an abortion.
Finally, Common Sense lost his will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses, criminals received better treatment than victims, and federal judges stuck their noses in everything from Boy Scouts to professional sports.
As the end neared, Common Sense drifted in and out of logic but was kept informed of developments, regarding questionable regulations for asbestos, low-flow toilets, smart guns, the nurturing of Prohibition Laws and mandatory air bags.
Finally, when told that the homeowners association restricted exterior furniture only to that which enhanced property values, he breathed his last.
Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son Reason. His three stepbrothers survive him: Rights, Tolerance and Whiner.
Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
Author Unknown
Huh , I want my minute of reading back

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course becoming actively involved in the the club you join would be ideal,

I did that once. After 20 years of being "actively involved", mostly fighting for access, here's what I learned.

No one cares till the signs go up....then it's my fault.

As motorized users we're very hard on our volunteers. Just one more in a long list of reasons we're going to lose this battle.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We do have such a group, the Alberta Off Highway Vehicle Association. To support them it takes as little effort a purchasing a membership with an AOHVA sanctioned club. Of course becoming actively involved in the the club you join would be ideal, but your membership alone does count for something - it demonstrates numbers (votes) when approaching the government for protection or change.
thats a great idea but am I reading it right a 100$ per person per year or per group

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More respect by users of the areas is the only way a shutdown won't happen. I know it sucks seeing the garbage left behind, but pick it and pack it away, we do it, I'm not happy about it, but I want to keep areas open. Locally it is almost unsafe to ride because of firearm use by weekenders, and their targets are never cleaned up, if you haul a couch or washing machine to shoot it up, you need to haul it back with you! If I posted pics it would make people sick of what's left behind. My family loves quading and we sure would like to keep riding! Sorry for the rant, everybody keep enjoying the sport!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, we are not a "club". Closest AOHVA Club to your area is either Outlaw ATV Club, or Lac Ste Anne ATV Club

The Outlaw ATV Cub is not a registered AOHVA club but rather a special interest group, much like Snow and Mud. The closest club to Edmonton is the Lac Ste Anne ATV Club: Lac Ste Anne ATV Club - Home

A little further away is the Brazeau ATV Club and also the Edson ATV Club, both of which may be in danger of executive burnout at the moment. Perhaps someone can pipe in as to the current status of these two clubs?

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to get membership with lacstanne and I have to mail a check I haven't mailed a check in years

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We do have such a group, the Alberta Off Highway Vehicle Association. To support them it takes as little effort a purchasing a membership with an AOHVA sanctioned club. Of course becoming actively involved in the the club you join would be ideal, but your membership alone does count for something - it demonstrates numbers (votes) when approaching the government for protection or change.

What does the AOHVA really do? they have a great opportunity to do something but I have yet to hear anything about them and what they do. They get money for every wheel recreation vehicle produced and what do they do to improve Motorized Recreation in Alberta?
They complain to the government but are unwilling to work with the government to make changes. I was at a meeting and the AOHVA was not very well liked. This was a government meeting with multiple trail users around. Just wondering as probally many. Do any of the executive ever respond to any Wheeled Motorized concern on here?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All good questions and I have many of the same questions myself. Our club has recently got a seat on their board. What I do know is that they were somewhat handicapped by the instability of the Alberta government over the last couple years.

Right now they're what we've got. Not to beat a dead horse, but they can only do so much on their own.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to get membership with lacstanne and I have to mail a check I haven't mailed a check in years

Yeah, we get that feedback a lot. We're in the process of setting up on-line payments but it will probably take another month for it to get done.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, we get that feedback a lot. We're in the process of setting up on-line payments but it will probably take another month for it to get done.

talk to Marvin & Marlene, they just had it setup for the snowmobile club, via PayPal

Top Bottom