Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just like your old quad.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey it's not old it's antique. and they are usually tired, fragile and broke down. most just leave em in the mud holes or sleugh's, but not tex he "restores them" now.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been quadding in the west country from 2000 to present averaging over 3000km a year on the atv. And from my observations, and my experience, I just want to say this: I've ridden alot of cutlines in some of the most heavily quaded areas all over west of Sundre to North of Nordegg, and they were extremely tracked up, but the impact for the most part was limited to one trail track except for in the big mud hole and swampy areas where multiple tracks were neccessary.

That said, some of these areas were temporarily closed for land reclamation, and a few others people just abandoned due to the poor trail conditions, or logging that had cut through the bush and made the trails difficult to travel on. I took a year off due to an injury and came back to these same trails less than two years after I quit riding them, and most of them were so grown in when I came back to them that they were almost un-recognizable. Mother nature had done a tremendous job of repairing what some would call extensive damage or even abuse of the backcountry. As long as you aren't leaving garbage or spilling oil and gas the land will recover naturally. Think of how hard it is to keep grass and weeds and bushes to stop growing in your yard where you don't want it growing. Kind of puts it into perspective.

I agree with the concern about children riding atv's irresponsibly, but that needs to be put on the parents/guardians. I mean seriously......use a little common sense and teach your kid safe and proper riding etiquette before you let them tear off on any ATV/UTV. That's how I was raised and I thank my parents for that. Otherwise I might not be around today considering some of the dumb ch!t I have seen some of my friends do!

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will always have somewhere to ride, there is too much money in the recreation industry for the government to pass up...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will always have somewhere to ride, there is too much money in the recreation industry for the government to pass up...

hmm how so. please tell me about all the riding areas within 15 miles of red deer? hmm there used to be a few. you are nieve to think there will be anthing but pay to go areas in the future(private ) anywhere within an hours drive.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I am sure in the future there will only be designated area's, but we will always have somewhere to ride.... I'm just saying don't go thinking we are going to have to sell our toys lol.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah if the government says shut it down you may never sell yer toys as they would then be worthless flower pots. it is happening right now. the more damage we do the more ammunition they have to shut us down. we may not have long to wait.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not the ATV that's dangerous,,,, they are just as safe as any other vehicle on 4 wheels, it's the operator that's to blame as well as the parents that let the 7 year old on a little 800 with no helmet, by him self, that has next to nothing for experience on off road vehicles. But again more people get killed every year on the highway in their own car/truck so what are they going to do about that? Shutdown roads? Ban small cars from driving on the highways?

Common sense is all one needs, but to bad it's not so common

Top Bottom