Bill 64 - Random Camping Proposed Fees

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BIL was looking at booking a campsite in/around BC this summer and is frustrated to H as it has been closed off to anyone outside the province. I guess unless you have vacation property down there then all is okay by the sounds of members on here.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lmao! Buy a 40000 trailer hauled buy a 70g truck with a 20g sxs and complain about a 70 dollar user fee.

I seen this coming years ago, people are their own worst enemies. I knew something was in the works when the local gravel pit was returned to crown land.
Hopefully there are new rules with it.
Im tired of the squatters, and the mess left. Hopefully this will deter people from random camping, I forsee the fines being very strong.

This will be for hunting camps as well.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lmao! Buy a 40000 trailer hauled buy a 70g truck with a 20g sxs and complain about a 70 dollar user fee.

I seen this coming years ago, people are their own worst enemies. I knew something was in the works when the local gravel pit was returned to crown land.
Hopefully there are new rules with it.
Im tired of the squatters, and the mess left. Hopefully this will deter people from random camping, I forsee the fines being very strong.

This will be for hunting camps as well.

People go until they choke on the noose around their neck . Just depends on the length of the rope how long it takes .
All the Rec items sold have to go somewhere and in the last 15 years it’s exploded .
Back country isn’t respected and messes left everywhere with the attitude it’s someone else’s problem to clean everything up .
Clubs try there best to do what they can but no one wants to buy membership’s or get involved as that’s for other people .
The few that do respect are way out numbered and some just quit going as discussed or go way less and pick quality over quantity trips .
I hope this works great and it cleans up things ?
If you don’t want to pay ? Stay home it’s quite simple . Lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is no different than any recreational segment. A few idiots ruin it for the rest and we all pay because of it. Its like that in off roading with quads and sleds. We are our own worst enemies

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont see this being enforced BTW. Maybe in extreme popular camping spots. Its also illegal to ride in the ditch in Alberta but thats not enforced.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dont see this being enforced BTW. Maybe in extreme popular camping spots. Its also illegal to ride in the ditch in Alberta but thats not enforced.

Riding in the ditch will not generate the revenue campers will!

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would agree with that. The bighorn dam area needs some enforcement. People are pigs.

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A pretty noticeable increase in the Red/White plates this weekend in the Shuswap and on the TCH. Nice to see our eastern neighbours bringing their coin and helping the local economy!!

I am coming for free beer in 2 weeks.

Thanks

MOUNTAIN MICKEY

Reaction score
BC Govt announced new rules will be coming out with updates this Friday (23rd). Travel restrictions for BC residents---Stay in your local "Health Authority" Random stops will be in effect. Out of province better do some checking before heading out. Will be missing out seeing friends and family from Alberta this coming May long weekend. Living so close to the border really sucks.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can go Pounds sand...

Falk those @zz hats...

Start off with the we're broke and have no funds even though they all ready collect $3 million in ohv each year....

They raked in $100 +++ million over the last 30 + years anf gave us 1.5 too 2% back ,,, the rest of the funds went onto their wages and pensions as we'll as there friends and extras on top of that...

Their a bunch of crocks... gave $50 M too Fortus Alberta even though they showed recorded profits....

All of us just sent a bunch of Cash East in transfore payments for 2020...

F that,,,

And they still haven't opened the GP HOSPITAL,,, 2 too 3 X's the costs,,, most expensive smallest medical center in Western Canada...

Nope,,, not buying in...

I Resind bill 64... not planning on paying nothing since I'm now First Nation's status from here on in...

They can't do nothing about it since it's discrimination too discrimnate me / or all of us...

Ish-nuk tush'nik Nuk...

I not speaky Nose Engnish...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can go Pounds sand...

Falk those @zz hats...

Start off with the we're broke and have no funds even though they all ready collect $3 million in ohv each year....

They raked in $100 +++ million over the last 30 + years anf gave us 1.5 too 2% back ,,, the rest of the funds went onto their wages and pensions as we'll as there friends and extras on top of that...

Their a bunch of crocks... gave $50 M too Fortus Alberta even though they showed recorded profits....

All of us just sent a bunch of Cash East in transfore payments for 2020...

F that,,,

And they still haven't opened the GP HOSPITAL,,, 2 too 3 X's the costs,,, most expensive smallest medical center in Western Canada...

Nope,,, not buying in...

I Resind bill 64... not planning on paying nothing since I'm now First Nation's status from here on in...

They can't do nothing about it since it's discrimination too discrimnate me / or all of us...

Ish-nuk tush'nik Nuk...

I not speaky Nose Engnish...

hey chief you off the rez again?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm now a Anunnaki. Ancient mesopotamia... we can get special treatment and rights over First Nation's. ��

Anunnaki is the highest Society over everything...

All of us can claim this status...

Ha...

They brought it on them selves,,, a gentleman by day,,, then Hooligan Rad at Night when the sun goes down...

Might get locked up in the tank for the night,,, told too smarten up by the man and do it all over again because we're slow learner's...

We're suppose too go this route since we're Anunnaki...

Lem Lamb as I follow my own lead...

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another government cash grab! What’s next? I’m not opposed as long as the money actually goes to enforcement (kick the slobs out that are wrecking it for others).

http://cochranenow.com/articles/random-camping-in-the-eastern-slopes-will-no-longer-be-free

Heading to the Ghost Country for free random camping on Crown land will be a thing of the past if Bill 64 passes through the Alberta Legislative Assembly.
The Alberta Government has proposed establishing fees for random camping in the Eastern Slopes, including popular nearby locations.
Starting June 1, it is proposed each camper, 18 years and older, would be required to pay $23.25 plus GST for a 3-day camping pass and $33.25 plus GST for an annual pass.
The pass would be required to random camp on public lands in the Eastern Slopes from Grande Prairie to Waterton Lakes National Park and includes any random camping on Crown land west of Hwy. 22 (see map below).
The passes would have to be purchased in advance online or at any location selling fishing and hunting licences.
Alberta Environment and Parks minister Jason Nixon says the fees collected will be used to upgrade infrastructure, improve education, fund conservation officers on the ground, enhance public safety, and ensure better environmental and waste management.
Press secretary Paul Hamnett says net revenue from the passes is expected to reach $1.7 million in the first year and climb to $2.7 million in subsequent years as compliance increases.
Hamnett says fees haven't been charged for at least the last few decades, dating back to when it was administered by the Alberta Forestry Service.
"The popularity of random camping has grown substantially in recent years, resulting in increased activities that have an impact on the environment (i.e. damage to lands or garbage) and issues related to managing people, such as camping beyond 14 days (or squatting) and dealing with human waste," he says in a written statement.
The government previously announced the hiring of 50 additional parks and land employees, including 20 new conservation officers.
In March, the government also confirmed there would be two full-time recreation engagement officers in the Ghost this season. There was one last season.
Campers will be asked to show proof of payment (printed pass or mobile app) to enforcement officers if asked. Initially, campers may be provided information but compliance will come to be expected, and fines will be issued, if necessary.
The fees will not be charged if camping on public land outside of the camping pass area or in a campground, using public land for the day for other recreational activities, and accessing public land for authorized work or volunteer duties
First Nations people with Status cards will be exempt, and north of the Red Deer River it would not apply to Metis Settlement members, recognized Métis harvesters, and Aseniwuche Winewak Nation (Grande Cache area) members.

View attachment 234653

Isn't this what taxes are for?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny How this random camping bill is released literally two weeks before BC closes its border to Alberta. Coincidence, I think not, are you ready to live in a small zone? Convinced by climate to stay put. Well without a fight that’s what we’re facing in our futures. I will spend all my free time and days off in British Columbia or die trying. I’m a Canadian and free to roam my beautiful country. it is my right

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny How this random camping bill is released literally two weeks before BC closes its border to Alberta. Coincidence, I think not, are you ready to live in a small zone? Convinced by climate to stay put. Well without a fight that’s what we’re facing in our futures. I will spend all my free time and days off in British Columbia or die trying. I’m a Canadian and free to roam my beautiful country. it is my right
This should be in the conspiracy thread!:nod:

Top Bottom