Bill 64 - Random Camping Proposed Fees

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not leave those of us that respect our crown lands in good condition alone and go after those that are causing the issues...

If your crown land camp site is a mess,,, you get charged a heft fine...

Funny that Jason Nixon said that our crown lands will remain free for all user groups,,, and now he's proposing a money grab...

That's not right since the majority of funds collected from ohv registration is supposed too cover these costs...

$50 per ohv X's 200.000 unit's = $10 million each year,,, and 1 too 2% go into trail repair
, literature and education,,, the majority of this cash ends up in general government revenue and big pension for our Alberta politicians...

Don't kid your self,,, these folks get hefty 5 digit pensions when they retire ... its all about take take take...

Its starting off at $30 per person and will double in costs over the next 4 years...

I know 1 thing,,, I'm not buying in on it come next election,,, Jason Kenny and Jason Nixon are screwing us around ,,, i bet 10 too 1 that their toast on the next election...

I hope Im wrong,,, but they are a complete disappointment ,,, and no better then the clowns we voted out last round...

Why would they set them selves up too fail is beyond us,,, family and friends,,, guess they think we are fools for following along with this bs... Like really...

Promise us 1 thing ,,, then turn around and screw us law biding folks that look after our crown lands...

Their a bunch of clowns if they think im going too pay for free crown land camping...

Just a bunch of donkeys...

Jason Nixon should know better then this,,, throw in a unpopular bill for all the folks in his riding and all of us in Alberta and other's that respect our crown lands that pay our way in lots of taxes collected in the recreation hobby,,, and now stick it too us again at the worst of times when 82 too 87% of us are already living on ends meat. ..

Thanks alot you guys,,, thanks alot for sticking it too us once again...

Very disappointed indeed,,, and too our elders that are living on low fixed income...

I hope they feel like heros when we punt their @zz's too the curve...

I sick of all of them,,, bunch of out of touch clowns...

Jt
Sadly Lem there are not enough good peeps like you that respect our back country. Personally I'd like to see heavy fines as well for backcountry abuse. There are people that have no business being in the backcountry. They are disrepectful, pigs and ruin it for anyone else. If this keeps even a handful of those types out of our rural areas then I am all for it.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that's the case,,, why did he tell us that crown land is free for all users groups...

The whole think stinks...

Go after the camp site pigs and leave the rest of us alone...

Like really...

And during a pandemic when 82 too 87% of our brother's and sisters are barely getting by...

What about the older folks on low wage fixed incomes ...

Thanks alot Jason Kenny and Jason Nixon,,, you guys suck at this job...

All of them suck...

Take Take Take,,, it never ends...

They say they are here for the people and then they screw all of us once again...

I've had enough of this bs...

I hate politicians now more then ever with this cash grab,,, it never ends...

Don

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that's the case,,, why did he tell us that crown land is free for all users groups...

The whole think stinks...

Go after the camp site pigs and leave the rest of us alone...

Like really...

And during a pandemic when 82 too 87% of our brother's and sisters are barely getting by...

What about the older folks on low wage fixed incomes ...

Thanks alot Jason Kenny and Jason Nixon,,, you guys suck at this job...

All of them suck...

Take Take Take,,, it never ends...

They say they are here for the people and then they screw all of us once again...

I've had enough of this bs...

I hate politicians now more then ever with this cash grab,,, it never ends...

Don

I'm 100% with you lemblam.

If ur in a tuff spot , let me know and I'll buy your family.a pass.

Cheers

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this is horrible for outdoor enthusiasts. City people will now take up camping and venture into the foothills with perfect government Maps. Intern they will complain about river boats, ATVs, jeeps, noise, and eventually it will lead to the closure of all recreation other than walking. We will have to go to Swan Hills or further in the muskeg to off-highway in the future

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I think this is horrible for outdoor enthusiasts. City people will now take up camping and venture into the foothills with perfect government Maps. Intern they will complain about river boats, ATVs, jeeps, noise, and eventually it will lead to the closure of all recreation other than walking. We will have to go to Swan Hills or further in the muskeg to off-highway in the future

I think you're thinking about it backwards Andrew, but I do understand the mindset.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope your right. :)

I think because this money is going into the "coffers" with all the other "Fish and Wildlife" money (hunting licenses, fishing licenses etc), it should be better managed and better directed. I have my fears and doubts, and I am writing an email to my MLA and to Mr Nixon on what I'd like to see differently, yes I'm just 1 person, but I'm in favor of the fee, but not on a per person basis.

It should be per camping unit, like all campgrounds are.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm with lem lambster, i sure don't want any extra fees(taxes) to pay, if this new fee would go strictly into offroad/ camping maintenance and enhancement, i would be ok. what happened to the money that we already paid from various taxes that was to go just for this purpose. so those staying out at outwest and hwy 752 campsites etc are exempt? interesting outcome?

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
i'm with lem lambster, i sure don't want any extra fees(taxes) to pay, if this new fee would go strictly into offroad/ camping maintenance and enhancement, i would be ok. what happened to the money that we already paid from various taxes that was to go just for this purpose. so those staying out at outwest and hwy 752 campsites etc are exempt? interesting outcome?

the campgrounds are on Private land (at least Outwest is)....... Your OHV registration unfortunately goes into general highways revenues, always has, but there are processes in the works to update this.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes what i see also, looks like private campgrounds, and residential won't be affected. as it would be classified as day use.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
yes what i see also, looks like private campgrounds, and residential won't be affected. as it would be classified as day use.

remember Larry this is a camping pass, not an OHV access pass...... don't get the two confused......

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, in the works. Different price between Snowmobiles & ATV. I can't recall which one is higher.

will be the same price, but yes you are correct it is in the works...... and those fee's will go to the ASA, or the AOHVA depending on whether its a Snowmobile or not, for distribution to the volunteer groups that build and maintain trail systems within the province. The moneys will be handled and dispersed by the two organizations.

Those that currently purchase an ASA trail pass will no longer need to do so as it will be included with your registration. This I'm sure will piss even more people off, even more so than when trails get closed by volunteer organizations due to ground conditions or for other reasons.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's say No too Jason Nixon and Jason Kenny....

We the people of Mud & Snow resind Bill 64...

And all the other proposed plans too restric our freedoms !!!

I know one thing, if the clowns charge me for camping on crown land,,, I'll take it to them personally and collect my fees from them personally...

Like I said ,,, I've had enough,,, all of us have had enough....

Don Parsons from Lacombe Alberta,,, the guy who appreciates our Crowm Lands in all of our Americas....

Lets send a clear message that the majority of are not game for this money grab...

They can go after the Camp Site Pigs...

Again,,, if i get charged for camping on Crown Lands for Free....

I will bring that ticket personally too Mr Nixon or Mr Kenny...

Just watch me...

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
S
Let's say No too Jason Nixon and Jason Kenny....

We the people of Mud & Snow resind Bill 64...

And all the other proposed plans too restric our freedoms !!!

I know one thing, if the clowns charge me for camping on crown land,,, I'll take it to them personally and collect my fees from them personally...

Like I said ,,, I've had enough,,, all of us have had enough....

Don Parsons from Lacombe Alberta,,, the guy who appreciates our Crowm Lands in all of our Americas....

Lets send a clear message that the majority of are not game for this money grab...

They can go after the Camp Site Pigs...

Again,,, if i get charged for camping on Crown Lands for Free....

I will bring that ticket personally too Mr Nixon or Mr Kenny...

Just watch me...

Exactly!!! It would be one thing if the money collected was used properly to improve upon camping and access to the lands, but we all know that it won’t be and is just another infringement upon our rights and freedoms.
As quoted above!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm not happy about any extra fees either, but as it stands i don't see anyway in stopping them, this has been coming down the pipe for a long time! about the only way is a constant barrage of phone calls to all the MA's you can, and call often .

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from the look at the traffic this weekend in around Fernie and the koocanusa most of Alberta must of been here. The kooc got hammered this weekend with campers.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from the look at the traffic this weekend in around Fernie and the koocanusa most of Alberta must of been here. The kooc got hammered this weekend with campers.
Yep tis the season, except for today lol

Top Bottom