closing atving out west????????

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work in the oilpatch and drilling and exploration(seismic,etc.) does more damage to the environment in five minutes than all the quads in the province do on a whole long weekend.And even that would be completely overgrown a year after being abandoned.

It is all about the MONEY !!!! Why is logging / oil etc. allowed if it causes more damage than atv`s ? It brings in the cash......
Guess what ,so do we...How much money do tree hugging hikers with home made granola sandwiches bring in...? SRD and the province knows big time closures would hurt them irreparably.

In stead of pandering to these idiots , we should be saying "Show me the money"......
We (our clubs /dealers /towns) need to crunch some numbers and THAT IS what we need to send to the ministers , along with promises to do better.

SRD does have a boss ,so does the goverment...US !!!
If People start losing there jobs, Government changes in a hurry...
Trust me when their AZZ is on the line two things matter...Getting elected and money.....not quad trails...lol

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
It is all about the MONEY !!!! Why is logging / oil etc. allowed if it causes more damage than atv`s ? It brings in the cash......
Guess what ,so do we...How much money do tree hugging hikers with home made granola sandwiches bring in...? SRD and the province knows big time closures would hurt them irreparably.

In stead of pandering to these idiots , we should be saying "Show me the money"......
We (our clubs /dealers /towns) need to crunch some numbers and THAT IS what we need to send to the ministers , along with promises to do better.

SRD does have a boss ,so does the goverment...US !!!
If People start losing there jobs, Government changes in a hurry...
Trust me when their AZZ is on the line two things matter...Getting elected and money.....not quad trails...lol

At the same time, we need more ATV/UTV users to join these clubs, its strength in numbers guys. How many clubs are there actually in the Edmonton Area?

sumsupport

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
People, myself included, are basically lazy. Is there a list anywhere of clubs available to join, maybe with contact information? The easier we can make it, the more members we should get recruited. I forget who mentioned it above, but you're absolutely right, the greenies work hard on recruitment, and numbers talk to our government representatives.

Rubirose made a good point about joining multiple clubs/associations too.

:beer::beer::beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your saying we should all go and write a letter to the editor? But YOU YOURSELF WON'T? Sounds like some FEATHER FLUFFING. I agree something needs to be done, they've been trying to get SGI here to let us plate ATV's like sleds and pay a trail fee to help making trails and up keep. They flat out said NO. Something needs to be done though they already closed one of the good riding area's and it was a hand full of people that did it. It's coming whether we LIKE IT OR NOT.

sorry mud spud where you get the idea i wouldn't send a letter to editor, you send one yet big guy, yeah when will it be published a-hole.:rolleyes:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you think idiots like this have no pull think again. A few years back ('06 I think) the SRD minister at the time, Ted Morton, decided to do a little fly over of a few popular off-roading spots in the Calgary area on the May Long weekend in direct response to complaints from douchebags like this. I believe he went to waiprous, McLean creek, and lastly my favorite little spot, Indian graves (just south of Longview). Apparently the minister was unaware that in the weeks leading up to May long that year there were a lot of rumors flying around that the most popular spots, McLean and waiprous were going to be closed to random camping that weekend. This led a good number of the aforementioned "beer guzzling" citiots to descend on the normally quiet Indian graves area for the weekend. When the minister flew over he saw the usual may long stupidity at work: burning couches, abandoned cars, drunken morons on 4x4s and ATVs ripping up the land etc. The result? Indian graves is now closed to random camping and no vehicles over 800 lbs are allowed on the trails at any time. So yeah, a couple editorials by some tree-hugging journalists can have an impact on our sport.

Yes he did, and the ch!t started to happen.. after that happened thou, is when the clubs decided to take drastic measures and try to change things.
It took from 07 till about last summer to put things in place between the clubs, srd and the minister... after many meetings ( that are never talked about) an agreement came that clubs would have a direct voice , inconjunction with SRD and then report to the minister... this is why so much work has gone on in the last 5 years... the calgary club has recieved well over 300 grand in the last 5 years and i don't know what the crowsnest club recieved, but if you see the work they have done in the crowsnest area, you would be impressed.... hundreds of miles of trail has been fixed with proper signage and many nice bridges have been built.. many are out of steel with a wood over ramp, so not cheap to do these... this work has stopped the rage and comed the powers cause believe me, the minister is well informed what has taken place and seen it too.. remember this is government money that we are using so results have to be met in a timely manner.. after we recive this doe we have a deadline to meet... we have to draw up a plan and prsent it to SRD and then follow it... so no monkeying around here.. its serious business...

for the one that is a member of many clubs, my hat of to ya! lol.... yes even if you don't do club thing, a membership is always welcome and we become stronger with numbers... its working, so lets keep it up.. join a club!

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have any of the fine clubs in the affected areas thought to put a well worded rebuttle in the Red Deer Advocate? In order for aforesaid balance to also occur. people have to realize that there are a number responsible people involved in this sport. If all they see is the yahoos then that is the face they see. We as a group have to get it out there that we want to see continuation of the trail systems and not outright bans. And I hope to god that Tex wasn't referring to me as being on crack cuz that is another thread altogether!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have any of the fine clubs in the affected areas thought to put a well worded rebuttle in the Red Deer Advocate? In order for aforesaid balance to also occur. people have to realize that there are a number responsible people involved in this sport. If all they see is the yahoos then that is the face they see. We as a group have to get it out there that we want to see continuation of the trail systems and not outright bans. And I hope to god that Tex wasn't referring to me as being on crack cuz that is another thread altogether!

I agree ,where are the club response`s to this ? Not knocking the the clubs ,but i have joined some and i get more info from the Amzoil girls at the sled show....
I think it is time we spent a little less on bridges and more on telling the right people what we bring as a group to the table....;)

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are basically told to not respond to any yo-yo's or to fuel the fire..cause do you see us demonstrating on the sidewalk with signs, pickicking LOL>> ch!t no! and you never will.. but these tree hugging groups will make a media frenzy out of this . we as clubs fuel it more then.... clubs have been guaranteed that if all this works and as we move ahead more and more will be done to fund and maintain the trails... its either this or lose them! thats the choices we have been offered... pick one and check above.. lol

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree ,where are the club response`s to this ? Not knocking the the clubs ,but i have joined some and i get more info from the Amzoil girls at the sled show....
I think it is time we spent a little less on bridges and more on telling the right people what we bring as a group to the table....;)
ya i agree maybe some, but unfortunalely it does'nt work that way.. we are luckly since 06, early 07 that we are as far as we are.. lets tread carfully here.. if this does'nt work well im moving to a place then that i can quad cause this province will be locked up tighter than a nun's ....! LOL...

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry mud spud where you get the idea i wouldn't send a letter to editor, you send one yet big guy, yeah when will it be published a-hole.:rolleyes:

Right here you did in your post "a few letters to the editor, well worded, with informed info would go a long way, if published. i couldn't do it, {due to the extra stint in grade school( took a couple years of grade 6 but i fiqure i gotsa grade 12 now)}. my redin an ritin skills may not be god enuff." So whose the A-HOLE. This is exactly whats wrong with this few INTERNET TUFF GUYS PISSING OFF THE WRONG PEOPLE. You don't know me or anything I have done. And yes I did write a letter last year when they were closing one of our area's. So CHECK YOUR %%^& ATTITUDE. :nono:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right here you did in your post "a few letters to the editor, well worded, with informed info would go a long way, if published. i couldn't do it, {due to the extra stint in grade school( took a couple years of grade 6 but i fiqure i gotsa grade 12 now)}. my redin an ritin skills may not be god enuff." So whose the A-HOLE. This is exactly whats wrong with this few INTERNET TUFF GUYS PISSING OFF THE WRONG PEOPLE. You don't know me or anything I have done. And yes I did write a letter last year when they were closing one of our area's. So CHECK YOUR %%^& ATTITUDE. :nono:

ah better to be pizzed off than pizzed on. as stated informed, well rittin, etc, may not be me. but a club i can do. as far as knowin you no i don't, especially if your the wrong people. :beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

nope bob scumbag is on crack............... i'm 100% sure of it...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he has found something ta write about, maybe no one is reading his entertaining fishing story that he keeps repeating. :p

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who cares about fishing tho.............. fishing's for pansies

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who cares about fishing tho.............. fishing's for pansies

man i'm not goin there, that could be like stirring a hornets nest. ol scammel must think his stream wading won't stir up stream sediments, or his catch and release won't still kill fish. besides all those hunters usually carry loaded guns, and fisherpeeps have knives, could be a dangerous encounter. :d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well he has a knife --- i have a brute.... brute wins..........:d

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well he has a knife --- i have a brute.... brute wins..........:d

i wouldn't be calling jackie that if i was ya. yeah she'd win. :p:d

ya could fend him off with the pooper stick;)

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man i'm not goin there, that could be like stirring a hornets nest. ol scammel must think his stream wading won't stir up stream sediments, or his catch and release won't still kill fish. besides all those hunters usually carry loaded guns, and fisherpeeps have knives, could be a dangerous encounter. :d

People need to live and let live. Hikers hate quads. 2 planker wankers hate sleds. Everytime we disagree with any other activity in the long run it only hurts us and all activities. To bad it's not that simple

Reactions: LBZ

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People need to live and let live. Hikers hate quads. 2 planker wankers hate sleds. Everytime we disagree with any other activity in the long run it only hurts us and all activities. To bad it's not that simple

what about wide base plankers

Top Bottom