closing atving out west????????

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Questions About Lawyers
Q: How many lawyer jokes are there?
A: Only three. The rest are true stories.

Q: What's wrong with lawyer jokes?
A: Lawyers don't think they're funny and other people don't think they're jokes.

Q: What do you call 25 skydiving lawyers?
A: Skeet.

Q: What do you call a lawyer gone bad?
A: Senator.

Q: What’s the difference between a lawyer and an onion?
A: You cry when you cut up an onion.

Q: What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 70?
A: Your honor.

Q: What do you throw to a drowning lawyer?
A: His partners.

Q: How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?
A: His lips are moving.

Q: What do you have if three lawyers are buried up to their necks in cement?
A: Not enough cement.

Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a vulture?
A: The lawyer gets frequent flyer miles.

Q: What do you get when you cross a bad politician with a crooked lawyer?
A: Chelsea Clinton

Q: If you have a bad lawyer, why not get a new one?
A: Changing lawyers is like moving to a different deck chair on the Titanic.

Q: How does an attorney sleep?
A: First he lies on one side and then on the other.

Q: What’s the difference between a shame and a pity?
A: If a busload of lawyers goes over a cliff, and there are no survivors, that’s known as a pity. If there were any empty seats, that’s a shame.

Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a leech>
A: When you die, a leech will stop sucking your blood and drop off.

Q: How do you get a group of lawyers to smile for a photo?
A: Just say, "Fees!"

Q: How many lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Three. One to climb the ladder. One to shake it. And one to sue the ladder company.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If all groups had the same impact on the land, I'd agree with you. 10 hikers or horseback riders don't impact quite the same as 10 800 outlanders (or 850 XP's) with 30" silverbacks. Like it or not ATV's do cause significant damage to some areas and these areas are what the folks that don't enjoy the sport are going to point to to try and restrict the activity. Calling them douches or threatening to dump crap on their yard isn't going to change that.

did ya see the simalier post i had posted he did on extreme snowmobiling - avy's this winter done by this azz hat????????????

so its ok for writing this crap about atv's but not snowmobiling????

ok thats just being stupid...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i really don't know what pull he has.. probably smoke up his ares, thats all.

Our club in Calgary, the calgary atv riders are a sister club to the quad squad in the crowsnest pass and both clubs work very close with our God ( the SRD)
who can shut down area's in Alberta very quickly, no matter what any body says...

It is clubs like ours that keep these area's open.. Alberta has 19 Fluz's and they cover over 12500 square km in our province...

we as a club have gotten over 200 grand to repair and maintain the trails and build bridges in southern alberta and around the calgary area...

the work that these clubs have done is very impressive and if you go to the crowsnest pass, you can see the results there.... along with the results that we as a club have done too in our area's

We work close with SRD and get the latest info from them.. these people
like this lawyer, really don't have any pull...
don't have any real idea on whats going on.

It so happens our president and club member works for SRD. He is quite high up the ranks in his job for SRD... so we, and our sister club in the CNP get
first hand information from SRD and as long as there are clubs like us doing these things....

SRD has put these type of clubs on there list of responsible feedback contributors and has acknowledged that they will work with these clubs to keep our area's open...

What we need is more people supporting these type of clubs and not just saying, i don't care to belong, but i still want to ride out there...

Even if you don't come and go on club rides or do club activities it is still good to be a member of a club like this and then it shows support to SRD with a big member ship...

the more people that are a member sends a message to the powers to be that we as people respect our land a little, anyways...

i mean most clubs are cheap to join... we are only 30 bucks a year, and surely
if you quad, you can afford to be a member too for only 30 bucks or so.

The more people we get to be members of clubs like this, the more SRD will listen to us, like they said, it is in our hands, and as long as we continue to improve our trail systems, they will keep our riding areas open..

its your choice, if we don't listen they WILL shut down area very quickly and then YOU, yes YOU, won't have places to go anymore.. except for private land.

so see what clubs are in your area and at least support them with a membership so it shows that you too care somewhat..

yes, this maybe sounds like a membership drive but it really is not.. SRD has clearly stated to us, what i have said here..

its up to you, the quadder or biker to make a difference..

Thanks for listening. Mark.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If all groups had the same impact on the land, I'd agree with you. 10 hikers or horseback riders don't impact quite the same as 10 800 outlanders (or 850 XP's) with 30" silverbacks. Like it or not ATV's do cause significant damage to some areas and these areas are what the folks that don't enjoy the sport are going to point to to try and restrict the activity. Calling them douches or threatening to dump crap on their yard isn't going to change that.

Yes you're right quadding does damage the land but most of the trails that we use for offroading aren't used for hiking and horseback riding. I don't really know people who would plan a trip to hike through a bunch of muskeg. But there are irresponsible riders out there that do destroy the land on trails and areas that are shared with other activities. It up to us to ride safely and responsibly and respect shared areas.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of you just completed the ride at outwest for the jamboree. Remember the stretch the the area where it had been logged and all the stumps pushed out !!!! When he shuts that down ,i will throw away my keys....There is more mess and run off there and other places like that , than all the quads could do in a hundred years...

We are going to have erosion and run of whether there is tire ruts or deer trails, it does not matter .Water runs down hill...In fact two deep ruts does not really change things...imo

As i have said many times before on here, what about the economic spinoff ? Will this dude hire the RV dealers/mechanics/resteraunt/store/tire/parts/SRD/ etc. employees who lose there jobs when we close this down....For example: Lets say 300 units at bighorn on a long weekend @ 100000$ ,thats 30 million dollars .
Let`s not forget ,these guys are voted in,pitty the poor guy who blanket closes it all, he might not get back in i would say ... Now times that by the whole province ...We have MUCH more power than this self righteous remtard,we just have to realize it.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would not like to be the one to test what power bob scammel may or maynot have. goernment and the srd is an old boys club. and they like to keep the old boys happy. don't think so , you may find out the hard way.

seems like a lot of feather fluffing going on here, get off the pot and send a letter with your opinion in to the editor. then your doing something other than blowing alot of hot air. do something, the easiest is join a club, become a member, get a collective voice going, otherwise more BS = closed riding area's.

or you can sit here and keep telling us what you are going to do(nothing).

friggin BS.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would not like to be the one to test what power bob scammel may or maynot have. goernment and the srd is an old boys club. and they like to keep the old boys happy. don't think so , you may find out the hard way.

seems like a lot of feather fluffing going on here, get off the pot and send a letter with your opinion in to the editor. then your doing something other than blowing alot of hot air. do something, the easiest is join a club, become a member, get a collective voice going, otherwise more BS = closed riding area's.

friggin BS.

ok your the man... find out where to send chit and i'll say my chit.... to him and the paper i guess...

mabe we should boycott the red deer advocate for letin him put this b/s down..

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might work, "boycot" 2 less papers sold, show them bastages, i'll bet we'll have them over the barrel within a few weeks. ole bob scammel will surely get fired. his readers will be up in arms and we'll probably have to go into hiding.

a few letters to the editor, well worded, with informed info would go a long way, if published. :d i couldn't do it, {due to the extra stint in grade school( took a couple years of grade 6 but i fiqure i gotsa grade 12 now)}. my redin an ritin skills may not be god enuff.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the BOTTOM LINE is that these people like we are talking about here HAVE NO PULL so who really cares...

the ONLY thing you should care about is what SRD says... they are in charge and they are not elected, they are hired.. no matter what government you have the principle laws of SRD won't chage with a new voted in government..

its that simple, we must as alberta clubs work with SRD, not against them..
the more members these clubs have, the more pull on SRD...

they have said, that they use us and other clubs that are doing improvments too, that we will be the VOICE to SRD to try to succeed in keeping these areas open.

thats it, thats all... All these jokers are all over the place and they do not have much influence on them, they are listening to the clubs who care...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool, but i wouldn't bet on it. you don't think srd listens to the minister of environment, who do you think his drinking, fishing buddies are. i'll keep my betting money in my pocket. unless you know something i don't. maybe these old guys don't have friends, whatcha thinkin now? ;)

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as i know, srd is the voice to the minister... why have them if the minister is not going to listen to them.. it came down from the minister to srd that this is taking place.. minister requested srd to try to solve the problems or he will step in and do things we don't want...

i mean this is what we hear and seems to be working.. minister is happy on th new report back to him about the progress that is going on.. with our clubs at least.. can't comment on others...

i mean, what else can we do... we have to try, excuses all the time is not good.. i mean we have to trust.. if we say screw it cause of this and that and i will ride anyways where i want, who cares. i won;t make a difference, on and on.. lets all join a club that does this type of work and then we have the full quadding population in clubs and believe me, they will listen more..

this topic is useless cause nothing we can do except what i stated, the srd thinks so too and so does the minister, so unstead of wasting more time discussing this, lets get busy and join a club and then the clubs will have a greater voice in alberta and as long as a few are doing good for all the rest of the freeloaders out there, get your voice heard thru a SRD supported club...

no offence to anyone but this comes from the mouth of the powers to be, so pitty patter, lets get at'er! lol.. complaining here does not help, show your support, join a club, its that simple..

if the clubs, don't get the support of riders, then we as members that do all this work for the ones that don't care, WILL LOSE YOUR RIDING AREAS... This is now a 1 or 2 year trial period.. we have to shine here cause if it is reviwed and found not to work as planned, then be prepared to not quad in many parts of alberta anymore... its your choice.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
matter of fact is that i was talking to our SRD/ member this last weekend in the crownest pass.. he came down and camped with us for 2 days.. he did no riding cause he had meetings, i believe in the area this week. He reports directly to the minister.. no one else.

He was saying, things are ok for now, but negative reports from srd patrols on problems they find with quadders and bikers don't help us.. the work that has been done around calgary and crowsnest and in the bighorn area is outstanding and well recieved by the minister..

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the BOTTOM LINE is that these people like we are talking about here HAVE NO PULL so who really cares...

the ONLY thing you should care about is what SRD says... they are in charge and they are not elected, they are hired.. no matter what government you have the principle laws of SRD won't chage with a new voted in government..

its that simple, we must as alberta clubs work with SRD, not against them..
the more members these clubs have, the more pull on SRD...

they have said, that they use us and other clubs that are doing improvments too, that we will be the VOICE to SRD to try to succeed in keeping these areas open.

thats it, thats all... All these jokers are all over the place and they do not have much influence on them, they are listening to the clubs who care...

they might but all the stupid tree huggin readers might amount to something...

then its too late to say wait 1 min bob scumbag no's nothing...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree 120%. all politicians listen to the most vocal people. for or against atv's or quads. lets get vocal, demand better riding areas etc. join a club. lets all get involved instead of just a bitch fest on here.

i'm joining the red deer suds buds, they seem to get real vocal after a few wobbly pops :d.

friggin join a club, and get recognized. :d

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree 120%. all politicians listen to the most vocal people. for or against atv's or quads. lets get vocal, demand better riding areas etc. join a club. lets all get involved instead of just a bitch fest on here.

i'm joining the red deer suds buds, they seem to get real vocal after a few wobbly pops :d.

friggin join a club, and get recognized. :d

i had i laugh or two on that comment with the wobbly pops! good one..

you know, these tree huggers all belong to a assoication, and if they don't they recuirt members, why? well like i said, thats why..

lets get a big voice in alberta and we also have to do our part in not destroying the land.. a little efford by everybody, goes a long way...

i mean, when we left our big spot, where everyone camped, we took 20 minutes and cleaned up the area where we camped, weather it was our garbage or not... lots is left behind cause we don't care to carefully scout the area for garbage.. if at least the ramdom camping areas are clean wien we leave, this gets reported back to our beloved minister and the ch!t hits the fan again.. just sayin

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

friggin BS.

So your saying we should all go and write a letter to the editor? But YOU YOURSELF WON'T? Sounds like some FEATHER FLUFFING. I agree something needs to be done, they've been trying to get SGI here to let us plate ATV's like sleds and pay a trail fee to help making trails and up keep. They flat out said NO. Something needs to be done though they already closed one of the good riding area's and it was a hand full of people that did it. It's coming whether we LIKE IT OR NOT.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
i really don't know what pull he has.. probably smoke up his ares, thats all.

Our club in Calgary, the calgary atv riders are a sister club to the quad squad in the crowsnest pass and both clubs work very close with our God ( the SRD)
who can shut down area's in Alberta very quickly, no matter what any body says...

It is clubs like ours that keep these area's open.. Alberta has 19 Fluz's and they cover over 12500 square km in our province...

we as a club have gotten over 200 grand to repair and maintain the trails and build bridges in southern alberta and around the calgary area...

the work that these clubs have done is very impressive and if you go to the crowsnest pass, you can see the results there.... along with the results that we as a club have done too in our area's

We work close with SRD and get the latest info from them.. these people
like this lawyer, really don't have any pull...
don't have any real idea on whats going on.

It so happens our president and club member works for SRD. He is quite high up the ranks in his job for SRD... so we, and our sister club in the CNP get
first hand information from SRD and as long as there are clubs like us doing these things....

SRD has put these type of clubs on there list of responsible feedback contributors and has acknowledged that they will work with these clubs to keep our area's open...

What we need is more people supporting these type of clubs and not just saying, i don't care to belong, but i still want to ride out there...

Even if you don't come and go on club rides or do club activities it is still good to be a member of a club like this and then it shows support to SRD with a big member ship...

the more people that are a member sends a message to the powers to be that we as people respect our land a little, anyways...

i mean most clubs are cheap to join... we are only 30 bucks a year, and surely
if you quad, you can afford to be a member too for only 30 bucks or so.

The more people we get to be members of clubs like this, the more SRD will listen to us, like they said, it is in our hands, and as long as we continue to improve our trail systems, they will keep our riding areas open..

its your choice, if we don't listen they WILL shut down area very quickly and then YOU, yes YOU, won't have places to go anymore.. except for private land.

so see what clubs are in your area and at least support them with a membership so it shows that you too care somewhat..

yes, this maybe sounds like a membership drive but it really is not.. SRD has clearly stated to us, what i have said here..

its up to you, the quadder or biker to make a difference..

Thanks for listening. Mark.

We are a members of the CNP quad squad, the Edson Atv Club, The Brazeau Atv Club AND Aohva.
Does that mean we are actually 4 different families? lol

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you think idiots like this have no pull think again. A few years back ('06 I think) the SRD minister at the time, Ted Morton, decided to do a little fly over of a few popular off-roading spots in the Calgary area on the May Long weekend in direct response to complaints from douchebags like this. I believe he went to waiprous, McLean creek, and lastly my favorite little spot, Indian graves (just south of Longview). Apparently the minister was unaware that in the weeks leading up to May long that year there were a lot of rumors flying around that the most popular spots, McLean and waiprous were going to be closed to random camping that weekend. This led a good number of the aforementioned "beer guzzling" citiots to descend on the normally quiet Indian graves area for the weekend. When the minister flew over he saw the usual may long stupidity at work: burning couches, abandoned cars, drunken morons on 4x4s and ATVs ripping up the land etc. The result? Indian graves is now closed to random camping and no vehicles over 800 lbs are allowed on the trails at any time. So yeah, a couple editorials by some tree-hugging journalists can have an impact on our sport.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
A lot of you just completed the ride at outwest for the jamboree. Remember the stretch the the area where it had been logged and all the stumps pushed out !!!! When he shuts that down ,i will throw away my keys....There is more mess and run off there and other places like that , than all the quads could do in a hundred years...

We are going to have erosion and run of whether there is tire ruts or deer trails, it does not matter .Water runs down hill...In fact two deep ruts does not really change things...imo

As i have said many times before on here, what about the economic spinoff ? Will this dude hire the RV dealers/mechanics/resteraunt/store/tire/parts/SRD/ etc. employees who lose there jobs when we close this down....For example: Lets say 300 units at bighorn on a long weekend @ 100000$ ,thats 30 million dollars .
Let`s not forget ,these guys are voted in,pitty the poor guy who blanket closes it all, he might not get back in i would say ... Now times that by the whole province ...We have MUCH more power than this self righteous remtard,we just have to realize it.....
I work in the oilpatch and drilling and exploration(seismic,etc.) does more damage to the environment in five minutes than all the quads in the province do on a whole long weekend.And even that would be completely overgrown a year after being abandoned.

Top Bottom