New Can am line up for 2016.....

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are some great changes... a new 1000R motor now in the quads.... but still slow compared to my machine... hehehe

and a 131 hp turbo maverick now with some other great changes...

Here are all the specs.....

WHAT’S NEW AT-A-GLANCE
For 2016, Can-Am aggressively revised its ATV and side-by-side vehicle lineup, by delivering more of what enthusiasts are asking for, including increased power. The performance increase includes three ATV engines and boosting performance of the flagship Maverick™ 1000R Turbo engine. Along with additional performance, new specialty vehicle packages join the family in 2016, giving Can-Am its most diverse lineup ever. From the affordable, mud-specific Outlander® L 570 X® mr ATV and new Maverick 1000R TURBO, to the all-new Maverick X rs 1000R TURBO and Mossy Oak† Hunting Edition vehicles, Can-Am has vastly expanded its off-road family. On top of that, by improving maintenance break-in procedures across the entire Outlander, Renegade® and side-by-side vehicle lineups, Can-Am has also given owners peace of mind they are getting class-leading performance and unmatched reliability.

NEW ENGINES & PERFORMANCE
Can-Am engineers, through persistent research and development progresses over the last two years, has enhanced 80% of the Rotax® ATV engine family to reinforce its performance leadership and maintain industry-leading power. Four engines get updated for 2016; the new 570, 850 and 1000R ATV mills and the revised 131-hp, Rotax 1000R Turbo.

48-HP Rotax 570
Found in the Outlander L and Outlander, the all-new liquid-cooled, eight-valve 570 Rotax, the only V-Twin engine in its class, supplies 48 horsepower to lead the 500-600cc segment. Larger pistons, longer stroke, a higher connecting rod created a +2-HP gain as well as increased low-end torque (+9%).

78-HP Rotax 850
The revised 78-HP liquid-cooled V-Twin Rotax 850 gained 7 hp for 2016, offering the most performance in its class. The new engine offers 9% more power and additional torque (+7%) and was derived from larger pistons and both a throttle body and engine head from the Can-Am Maverick side-by-side vehicle.

89-HP Rotax 1000R
A revised, liquid-cooled, 976cc, 89-hp Rotax 1000R V-Twin engine is the most powerful ATV engine in the Can-Am family and leads the big-bore market in performance. For 2016, the flagship Rotax 1000R has an additional 7 horsepower (9% power increase). Can-Am engineers added new pistons, a Can-Am Maverick side-by-side vehicle engine head and throttle body.

131-HP Rotax 1000R Turbo
The industry’s most powerful engine has undergone more significant change since its introduction in the Maverick X ds 1000R Turbo last year. The first factory-installed turbocharger has been revised for 2016 to increase its overall, class-leading performance to 131 horsepower and enhance its torque curves. Adding larger injectors, increasing boost pressure and recalibrating the CVT are some of the significant updates for the new year.

NEW MODELS / PACKAGES / CHANGES
ATV
Can-Am continues its innovative push as the market leader in the mud-specific market, with the introduction of the all-new Outlander L X mr 570. Making mud riding more affordable than ever, the new Outlander L X mr 570 is based off of the class-leading 1-up Outlander L 570, but includes specialty mud-ready components like 28-inch Maxxis Mudzilla tires, snorkel, relocated radiator and more to help it outperform the competition and stand out in a crowd.

Outlander L LE 570
The Outlander L 570 is now offered in an LE package. The Outlander L LE 570 offers key accessories at a value, as opposed to buying all the items separately. Some of the items included are power steering, aluminum wheels, a reinforced seat cover, bumpers, six-ply tires and painted plastic.

Outlander L Mossy Oak Hunting Edition
The all-new Mossy Oak Hunting Edition is loaded for a successful day in the field with its accessories and exclusive Mossy Oak Break-Up Country Camo pattern. Purposely configured with hunters and outdoorsmen in mind, the Mossy Oak edition model includes bumpers, handguards, black aluminum wheels, a Kolpin gun boot, WARN winch, revised suspension preload, skid plate and more.

NEW MODELS / PACKAGES / CHANGES
SIDE-BY-SIDE VEHICLES
Maverick DPS™ 1000R / Maverick MAX DPS 1000R
The Maverick family of sport side-by-side vehicles now includes a Dynamic Power Steering (DPS) package, which falls between the base offering and the X packages. The Maverick 1000R DPS includes cast-aluminum wheels, Visco-Lok QE†, Tri-Mode DPS and is available in two color options.

Maverick xc DPS 1000R
The all-new, affordable Maverick xc DPS 1000R is purposely designed to offer precision performance and a 60-inch width for narrower trails. The Maverick xc 1000R offers 12 inches (30.5 cm) of suspension travel.

Maverick 1000R TURBO / Maverick MAX 1000R TURBO
The new Maverick 1000R TURBO, also available in a four-seat MAX platform, is the most affordable turbocharged side-by-side vehicle in the industry. Based on the X ds platform, the Maverick 1000R TURBO vehicles are powered by the 131-hp Rotax 1000R turbocharged engine and wear front and rear FOX 2.5 PODIUM RC2 shocks with single-speed compression and preload adjustments. This package includes 14-inch (35.6 cm) painted black cast-aluminum wheels with 28-inch (71 cm) Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires.

Maverick X rs 1000R TURBO / Maverick MAX X rs 1000R TURBO
Using racing feedback and advancements gained from Can-Am racing efforts, the X rs (Race Special) package is truly unique. The all-new Maverick X rs 1000R Turbo and MAX X rs 1000R Turbo vehicles share the 131-HP Rotax engine, longer wheelbase and rear TTA suspension with 16 inches (40.6 cm) of suspension travel. The package includes a 4-point harness system, Yoshimura exhaust, rear bumper and a suspension calibration tuned in partnership with FOX to provide optimal results in fast-paced whoops. It comes in a unique dipped Carbon Black & painted Can-Am Red color pattern.

Commander™ Mossy Oak Hunting Edition
The all-new Commander Mossy Oak Hunting Edition is outfitted with many key essentials hunters demand for a day in the field and is the direct result of a marketing agreement between BRP and Mossy Oak. Purposely configured with hunters and outdoorsmen in mind, the Mossy Oak Hunting Edition includes several of the standard XT package items (bed rails, mudguards, bumper, wheels, tires and WARN† winch), yet also gets a few unique features as well. The most noticeable are the new water-dipped Mossy Oak Break-Up Country Camo, gun scabbards, front bumper, aluminum skid plate, roof and half windshield.

NEW REVISED MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
Can-Am has made a significant improvement to each off-road vehicle’s maintenance procedure for 2016. The 300 km / 200 miles break-in inspection has been replaced by 1,500 km / 1000 miles, which will effectively reduce ownership costs. The performance-laden Can-Am off-road vehicles remain as reliable as ever, but are even easier to maintain.

NEW ELECTRONIC DRIVE BELT PROTECTION
The Commander MAX line of side-by-side vehicles comes standard with a CVT transmission with an all-new Electronic Drive Belt Protection. The integrated Electronic Drive Belt Protection offers belt-spotting protection for when a driver is in high gear, but should be in low gear. The vehicle will not move and a “LOW GEAR” message will appear on the gauge, alerting the driver. The system is currently available as optional equipment on other Can-Am side-by-side vehicles.

NEW / UPDATED COLOR SCHEMES
The Can-Am design team worked diligently to create new color schemes for the 2016 ATV and side-by-side vehicle lineup. The new premium Cognac color was added to the Limited packages. The new Green and Mossy Oak Break-Up Country Camo colors fit the requirements for both recreational and hunting enthusiasts. Octane Blue, Light Grey, Matte Black, Hyper Silver are some of the other new colorations offered this year.

ATVs
• Green (Outlander L)
• Mossy Oak Break-Up Country (Outlander L, Outlander, Outlander MAX and Outlander 6x6)
• Cognac (Outlander MAX Limited 1000R)
• White, Black & Can-Am Red (Renegade X xc and Outlander X mr)
• Can-Am Red (Renegade)

SIDE-BY-SIDE VEHICLES
UPDATED
• Light Grey (Commander 800R base)
• Viper Red (Commander DPS 800R / 1000)
NEW
• Mossy Oak Break-Up Country Camo; (Commander XT 800R / 1000 and Commander MAX XT 1000,
Commander Mossy Oak Hunting Edition 1000)
• Matte Black & Octane Blue; (Commander XT 800R / 1000 and Commander MAX XT 1000)
• Cognac (Commander LIMITED 1000)
• Light Grey (Maverick 1000R base)
• Light Grey & Can-Am Red color option (Maverick DPS 1000R and Maverick MAX DPS 1000R)
• Light Grey & Octane Blue (Maverick X xc 1000R)
• Hyper Silver, Black & Octane Blue and White, black & Can-Am Red color option (Maverick X mr 1000R)
• White, Light Grey & Manta Green (Maverick 1000R TURBO and MAX 1000R TURBO)
• Hyper Silver & Octane Blue (Maverick X ds 1000R TURBO and MAX X ds 1000R TURBO)
• Carbon Black painted & Can-Am Red (Maverick X rs 1000R TURBO and MAX X rs 1000R TURBO)

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the thing you have to look at is this...

Many have said they wanted the 1000R motor in the quads... and now they have the maverick headed motor... or do they?

The Maverick side by side has a maverick motor or 1000R motor but when looking at the crank hp on them, you see that the sxs motor has 101 crank hp....

now look at the same basic motor in the quads for 2016 and you can see that they are only 7 hp more then the standard 1000 motor... at 89 crank hp...

That shows you that Can Am has left a lot on the line and that motor will be increased in hp as the competitors hp goes up... untill you will have the inital maverick motor with 101 hp.... this is a marketing thing and can am now has 12 crank hp to play with as popo goes and trys to beat can am again in this department...

So for the ones that wanted to see the 101 crank hp 1000 R motor... they still dont really see it yet .... till can am gets there in the next 5 years.... so your best bet is .. if you want the real 1000R that exists in the sxs's in your quad, like i have... the waiting time is still long...

On an up side... you do now have a detuned 1000R basically but add about another 5 grand to it ... and you can have a power house ... that wont be touched for quite some time still....

Food for thought....

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My prediction for a mid year release:

850R Maverick L 50" trail model.

I absolutely can not see that motor living in just a quad for long.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
the thing you have to look at is this...

Many have said they wanted the 1000R motor in the quads... and now they have the maverick headed motor... or do they?

The Maverick side by side has a maverick motor or 1000R motor but when looking at the crank hp on them, you see that the sxs motor has 101 crank hp....

now look at the same basic motor in the quads for 2016 and you can see that they are only 7 hp more then the standard 1000 motor... at 89 crank hp...

That shows you that Can Am has left a lot on the line and that motor will be increased in hp as the competitors hp goes up... untill you will have the inital maverick motor with 101 hp.... this is a marketing thing and can am now has 12 crank hp to play with as popo goes and trys to beat can am again in this department...

So for the ones that wanted to see the 101 crank hp 1000 R motor... they still dont really see it yet .... till can am gets there in the next 5 years.... so your best bet is .. if you want the real 1000R that exists in the sxs's in your quad, like i have... the waiting time is still long...

On an up side... you do now have a detuned 1000R basically but add about another 5 grand to it ... and you can have a power house ... that wont be touched for quite some time still....

Food for thought....

101hp in a quad could be a liability reason that they don't have it out there....... average joe walking in off the street already wants biggest and baddest with ZERO experience on the machines, the more power, the more dangerous, the more of a liability issue it COULD be for Can-Am.

Clark Grizwald

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't see why anyone would want even more power on a quad, unless your trying to turn some 60" meats that is.

togo ripper

Reaction score
I just bought a 650xmr and had to sign a liability waiver saying I have riding experience and can am is not responsible if I do something g stupid on it

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha Clark... never enough hp bud... always could use more... hehe
i run 25 inch tires and put 90 to the rear wheels.. thats about 125 crank hp... or equal to putting the turbo mav motor in the 80 lb lighter Generation one frame for the quads, compared to the heavier G2 frame that came out in 2012.... 11000 km of trail riding on this machine...

Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
i run 25 inch tires and put 90 to the rear wheels.. thats about 125 crank hp... or equal to putting the turbo mav motor in the 80 lb lighter Generation one frame for the quads, compared to the heavier G2 frame that came out in 2012.... 11000 km of trail riding on this machine...
11000 Kms on the same chassis???? You must drive like a Pussy.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
101hp in a quad could be a liability reason that they don't have it out there....... average joe walking in off the street already wants biggest and baddest with ZERO experience on the machines, the more power, the more dangerous, the more of a liability issue it COULD be for Can-Am.

Hey...Those people keep my world turning! lol
I bet people were saying that back when a 50HP quad was a powerhouse.... 70 HORSEPOWER!?! lol.
And Im not sure why everyone is talking like its a conspiracy that they are leave some power to be had in that engine.... Of course they are going to need to be able to incrase it when a competitor does... Weather its a new quad or a new sled.... everyones always like... HOW COME THEY DIDNT MAKE IT A MILLION HORSEPOWER!?! I KNOW THEY HAVE THAT ENGINE!!!!! Its called MARKETING!!!! Could they produce a 130HP Turbo Rengade? Of course.... Do they have a bigger engine than that ready to go? Of course.... But WHAT are people going to buy after that if they tank the biggest engine off of the shelf instead of releasing them is stages? Brands pushing each other and competing is what makes your machines BETTER and peoples PRODUCTS better.. It is a VERY good thing.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
However a good portion of those were on a tow rope behind my Polaris .....

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine if they came out with a motor with exactly as much power as they could possibly ever add?

"Nope, no more power, but check out these BNG's we have in store for the next decade!"

Now that I think about it, maybe that happened in Japan?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
95% of the people on here can't use the power of an old 800 canam....lol me included. The last thing these bikes need is more power, Bette clutching and shocks , would be of more use ... Same for popo, better quality wear items are needed before more power...

nonetheless I enjoy the power my Scrammy 1000 puts out....but that does not make it a "better" bike.....just a lot of fun !!

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine if they came out with a motor with exactly as much power as they could possibly ever add?

"Nope, no more power, but check out these BNG's we have in store for the next decade!"

Now that I think about it, maybe that happened in Japan?

That's what Yamaha does lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom