New Can am 1000R performance add on same as old ones???/

RINGER

Reaction score
Just wondering if the performance adds on like exhaust , clutching , power commander v, for the new can am 1000R will be the same as the 2015 can am 1000s or will there be new stuff for the new engine
also what are slip on exhaust options for the 1000 renegades , I kind of like tem going straight out the back but wondering what type is working best

any help is appreciated
Ringer

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if the performance adds on like exhaust , clutching , power commander v, for the new can am 1000R will be the same as the 2015 can am 1000s or will there be new stuff for the new engine
also what are slip on exhaust options for the 1000 renegades , I kind of like tem going straight out the back but wondering what type is working best

any help is appreciated
Ringer

As far as I can tell, the only difference between the 2015 and 2016 is that the head and piston. ...now uses the same ones as the Maverik.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think any Power Commander will be effective on a machine with O2 sensors. (2014+?) It may work initially, but the stock computer will cancel it out without getting a re flash from Mr RPM and disabling the sensors.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your not tuning your bike on a dyno ... like at Get Torqed then the Doebeck Gen 4 Auto Tune tuner is the cats rear end...lol

go and look it up... it tunes in real time... closed loop tuning and all you do is set your AFR ranges and go ride... it comes with a AFR gauge you mount and O2 sniffer that get mounted in the single pipe after the Y.. you get a bung welded in and insert O2 sniffer and leave it in... it is a piggy back to your stock ecu... great system ... dont need a computer like a PC5 does and you dont have to load a certain map you right... if you have the O2 sensors like the sxs does then a reflash of the ecu is all that is needed .... on the non )2 sensor can ams the tuner works great....most other mods still apply is seeking more power....with the mav heads... they flow great and when now doing cams, TB, intake and getting more air into the air box along with a full exhaust system... you can make some decent power...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you dont care about louder exhaust systems then go with NPP Neils Power Pipes out of EDmonton... he custom builds exhausts for the can ams for years now... Kevin Barnes of GET torqed in edmonton had Neil make all his exhausts... like the renegade dominators... now they have duals for the outlander too.... for the money they produce good power... a slip on has shown one rwhp more then a full system like muzzy or LTE.... so check them out ... web site and on FB here to...

Top Bottom