Spartan Tune 08 6.4

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In December I bought the DPF delete from a local diesel performance Company.
Not happy $1700.00 later. Was told it would increase mileage once regen was gone and remove particulate filter. Not True!! Now I have to stop every 700-800km when my truck goes into regen. Yeh even bombing down the highway. Dumps out huge amounts of smoke then I need to do a reset. Real piece of work. What a joke. Looking at Spartan but a little shy on spending more cash for a tune that doesn't help the mileage and performance.
Anyone having good luck with the Spartan maybe worth changing over?? Thanks..:beer::beer::rant:

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also got a DPF Delete from a Local Edmonton Shop, I had the same issues. So after much research I went down to Dirty Diesel Customs in Red Deer and got the Spartan. Now I am kicking myself for ever having got that DPF-R system. I also upgraded my intercooler pipe and inercooler while I was there. Now the truck runs awesome I am getting 7L/100km highway and 11L/100km city. If you have any questions just let me know.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also got a DPF Delete from a Local Edmonton Shop, I had the same issues. So after much research I went down to Dirty Diesel Customs in Red Deer and got the Spartan. Now I am kicking myself for ever having got that DPF-R system. I also upgraded my intercooler pipe and inercooler while I was there. Now the truck runs awesome I am getting 7L/100km highway and 11L/100km city. If you have any questions just let me know.

I call BS.

You need to hand calculate, the tuner screws with your ECM.

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I didnt mean to say that those are true number those are off the lie o meter but I did 980km on a tank highway and 650km city driving. The cost is around 1600 I paid more due to the new intercoler and cold side pipe but if you send Big Bark a message he should be able to sort you out. Or PM me and I will give you their number.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I didnt mean to say that those are true number those are off the lie o meter but I did 980km on a tank highway and 650km city driving. The cost is around 1600 I paid more due to the new intercoler and cold side pipe but if you send Big Bark a message he should be able to sort you out. Or PM me and I will give you their number.

You must have a long box?

ST1

Reaction score
The Spartan is great. We are also a Authorized Spartan dealer and we have an 08 F-250 shop truck running the Spartan. Last weekend coming back to Calgary from Edmonton we got a hand calculated 21.5 MPG doing 110km/h with out truck that is lifted 8" and is running 38" tall mud tires.

If there is anything we can give you a hand with let me know.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Spartan is great. We are also a Authorized Spartan dealer and we have an 08 F-250 shop truck running the Spartan. Last weekend coming back to Calgary from Edmonton we got a hand calculated 21.5 MPG doing 110km/h with out truck that is lifted 8" and is running 38" tall mud tires.

If there is anything we can give you a hand with let me know.

Those numbers are fantastic for a truck that big, never mind the 38's.

I can believe that you did it, but I'm just surprised that I haven't heard about other guys on 265's getting 26mpg and running in the 12's. ( this is the rig you ran 13.44 in, right? )

ST1

Reaction score
Those numbers are fantastic for a truck that big, never mind the 38's.

I can believe that you did it, but I'm just surprised that I haven't heard about other guys on 265's getting 26mpg and running in the 12's. ( this is the rig you ran 13.44 in, right? )

Well I have seen as high as 25mpg posted on the spartan forums. As well as there are guys runnin into the high 11's with just the '310' tune and smaller tires and a reg cab long box 4x4 but that tune has yet to be realeased to the public. I don't think the release date is far off for that tune. Even with the 275hp you can hit 12's with some smaller tires. Search YouTube there are a good number of video's of some spartan trucks puting down very impessive numbers.

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those mileage numbers are great for a lifted truck.Wish something could be done with my 6.0.

Top Bottom