Ford 6.4 PSD Owners?

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, all that being said, sounds like you got some expert advice out there. You can get a 7500 lb dragster that will haul your kids to school and get groceries with the best of'em. When you drop that dragster off at your local dealer with problems ask how this may affect your warranty. Nothing worse than having to shell out 15,000 heroshi. Warranty is king. Each to their own. Good luck shopping

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
hahahaaha sleeping dreaming of snow lol suncoast is a great product just costs more than the ppe thats all

Seems to be a strong tranny, handles the shifts great once i re learn the tranny/ECM after changing tunes. I have better times on the 310 tune over the 350 tune tho. i think spartan haas a bit more work to do on the 350. you be correct on the price tho, not cheap.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
So we've already replaced 3 engines in '08's ..... Company vehicles and they didn't want to wait the 2 to 3 weeks the ford dealerships would take just to look at them. Have also done several turbos and 3 sets of injectors and o-rings already..... Ford service manager is acknowledging they may have some problems with the 6.4l like they doo with the 6.0l's. But says the new 6.7l is troublefree so far...................but so were the 6.4l until about 100k kms. Just my take on the ford/international diesels combinations. The international engine in the bigger trucks without all the ford emmissions and injection equipment is relatively trouble free, but with all the "stuff" that ford had to put on them to meet emmissions regulations, the service manager said it wasn't a great combination. Thus, ford and international are both trying to sue each other, over all these engines. I doo truly hope the new ford engine will perform up to its expectations...........................

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ill run your cheby any time!! even though we aren't mod for mod, i dont have the ic pipe, the turbo inlet, the shift kit or the 150gph lift pump,
and please turn it up to level 5, i dont want you to leave anything on the table to wine about.

Last edited:

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we've already replaced 3 engines in '08's ..... Company vehicles and they didn't want to wait the 2 to 3 weeks the ford dealerships would take just to look at them. Have also done several turbos and 3 sets of injectors and o-rings already..... Ford service manager is acknowledging they may have some problems with the 6.4l like they doo with the 6.0l's. But says the new 6.7l is troublefree so far...................but so were the 6.4l until about 100k kms. Just my take on the ford/international diesels combinations. The international engine in the bigger trucks without all the ford emmissions and injection equipment is relatively trouble free, but with all the "stuff" that ford had to put on them to meet emmissions regulations, the service manager said it wasn't a great combination. Thus, ford and international are both trying to sue each other, over all these engines. I doo truly hope the new ford engine will perform up to its expectations...........................

No offense there summitric but the 6.7 dodge cummins is also farrrrrr from trouble free, injectors, turbos, horrible programming. They all have their issues. Honestly I am not a Chevy guy but the newer Duramax's seem to have most of the bugs worked out with regen issues. They are all doomed to fail and have a much shorter life with the latest emissions. I have tank truck drivers that have less than 300 000 km on there Cummins in there new Kenworths and are having to have complete rebuilds, due to excessive fuel in oil and burnt valves. Pretty bad for an engine that should do 1 million km in this service.

As with all these trucks now if you want it to last, warranty gone and tuner on. What are ya gonna do?

RollinDuty

Reaction score
2009 F350 Lariat 4x4 with 85,000kms, 8" BDS Lift, 37" Tires, 4" Turbo Back Single w/DPF Delete, AFE Intake, Spartan always on 250hp tune. Get around 600kms to a tank driving 120, as well pull a 45' Toy Hauler w/8" lift as well :)...no problems so far. Very happy with performance

Top Bottom