Ford 6.0litre owner Caution.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is the truck in the shop and engine torn down to replace the HPOP that can be seen with the gear attached to it.
IMG_2541.jpg
IMG_2543.jpg

Attachments

• EKWX6909.jpg
    EKWX6909.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 274

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EKWX6909.jpg

Here you can see the filter end cap from the inside that came apart from the rest of the filter, spring and a hole from where the bypass valve would be.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a firm believer that you get what you pay for especially when it comes to filters and fluids... I don't buy OEM but i don't buy cheap... I just lost a huge filter contract due to our competition quoting them out on one of the worst filters out their at pennies on the $ and beat us out by 5g on a $200000 contract... Should be interesting as they have already started ordering filters from us again after 2 months of the new company having the contract.. Worst part was they would not let me see the bids after it was done and the new company only quote 220 filters while i quoted the whole contract of 295.

Do your research on your filters as you will be surprised at what you find..

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear what happened to your filter.....you're one of many who have suffered the same problem.....when I had my 6.0 I only used OEM filters right from ford, and I still only use factory filters for all my equipment. too much Chinese $hit floating around out there to trust anything else.....

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read that warranty. It's limited to filter replacement if inspected by Baldwin and found to be faulty. It specifically excludes other consequential damage. Pretty much a useless document.

i don’t understand what that means lol.

From what I read it’d be a send the filter in and let them cut it apart sort of deal?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
f Baldwin finds that a returned product does not meet the warranty stated above, Baldwin will promptly replace the defective product. If the defective product directly caused damage to the machine on which it was installed, Baldwin will promptly reimburse the machine owner for that portion of the repair costs that were necessary to restore the machine to its condition immediately prior to the damage caused by the defective product.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
f Baldwin finds that a returned product does not meet the warranty stated above, Baldwin will promptly replace the defective product. If the defective product directly caused damage to the machine on which it was installed, Baldwin will promptly reimburse the machine owner for that portion of the repair costs that were necessary to restore the machine to its condition immediately prior to the damage caused by the defective product.

i still don’t understand how this means the warranty is useless?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't, this is supporting the idea that if damage was done due to failure of a baldwin product, reimbursement will be provided to get the machine back to the same condition before the damage was done. Not a free pass for a new engine but will support costs incurred.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't, this is supporting the idea that if damage was done due to failure of a baldwin product, reimbursement will be provided to get the machine back to the same condition before the damage was done. Not a free pass for a new engine but will support costs incurred.

isnt that what OP would want ?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i got the new HPOP installed today seen in the picture. Inspected for any other damage and yesterday ordered a new oil cooler assembly, new ICP and a IPR repair kit.
IMG_2556.jpg

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you still have that HPOP open id get a SCT fitting in there, common problem with the 6leaker. If that fitting fails like mine did. you have to rip it all open again.

Crustyolddude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the 6.0L power stroke from 2003. Blew 2 Head gaskets ( first at 125,000 second at 165,000km) warranty first time, $5,000.00 second time. Blew ball joints at 105,000 km ($2500.00). Never oil filter issue (I wish). Money �� pit. Truck was completely stock, regular service at ford dealership. Disappointed in that truck motor. Happy when I sold it. ����

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well how did I miss that? :confused: Brain fart! :D

Top Bottom