Dearborn Ford

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a ride at Grizzly Lodge and want to tell all who will listen about my experience with Dearborn Ford in Kamloops. I hauled 3 sleds from northeast BC to Kamloops in my enclosed trailer and we spent the night in a hotel. Got up early to get into the lodge and get some riding in on our first day. I was using my 2022 F350 Platinum diesel crew cab with 4000 km on it. We just got onto the highway when the truck was making a strange ticking sound and exhaust sound was very loud then went to zero boost. Turned out to be something went thru the turbo. I limped into Dearborn Ford and told the service manager, Kerry Wasilka, and service advisor, Tracy Greus, what was going on. They were shorthanded already because half their mechanics were on Christmas break, but they put my truck in the shop anyway and got a mechanic on it. When it became clear my truck was f'd they lent me a F350 diesel dually to tow my trailer to Grizzly parking lot and leave it parked there then return in 3 days. I've never set foot in that dealership previous to this. When I got back from Grizzly I had to wait a few hours and my truck was repaired and ready to go. I'm positive they must have rushed parts in. If I buy another vehicle it will be from this dealership and if you are considering it I highly recommend them. Absolutely the best service I've ever received from any dealership.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they were the top selling dealer in the country for a number of years. Obviously for a reason!

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, I travel to the okanagon quite often, I’ll keep them in mind if I ever run into issues

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good dealers are few and far between. Glad to hear they helped you out. What did they find wrong with your truck?
Apparently there is an issue with the 2022's intake system. In light fluffy snow the snow can get by the filter and accumulate in the intake and form an ice chunk that eventually breaks free and hits the turbo. The dealerships are just starting to receive a prefilter kit from Ford.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you had an awesome experience.
Wasnt their ford dealer the one that bought some custom car off Mike from episode of Rust valley restorers?

Top Bottom