2011 Duramax Diesel

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first off the duramax engine is made by isuzu who is the largest diesel engine maker in the world so they do have more experience than cummins, the biggest changes IMO is the frame, the frames were weak design, with a poor hitch design, with these improvements comes new a-arms and i am assuming here that means new ball joints as well.if they can get the box sides to stay on they might actually have a truck

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get your facts strait. Unless by isuzu you mean cummins or caterpillar. There is a reason cummins are in everything from skidsteers, to highway tractors, to generators. Isuzu isn't even in the running....Probably because they can't figure out inline diesels are a better design :rolleyes:

Urea is a retarded design and won't stick around for more then a few years. It is just a temporary solution that is not feasable whatsoever. Good luck to anyone who wants to own a diesel with one in our climate.....

TRAV

Reaction score
Nobody knows how the urea system will work until its here, one can only speculate. You never know, it might work good and be trouble free..... A fluid that freezes at -7'C? Can't wait to see how it works next winter.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get your facts strait. Unless by isuzu you mean cummins or caterpillar. There is a reason cummins are in everything from skidsteers, to highway tractors, to generators. Isuzu isn't even in the running....Probably because they can't figure out inline diesels are a better design :rolleyes:

Urea is a retarded design and won't stick around for more then a few years. It is just a temporary solution that is not feasable whatsoever. Good luck to anyone who wants to own a diesel with one in our climate.....

Don't forget that Isuzu puts their stuff in a lot of equipment here and overseas. Hitachi excavators for one and they are an inline design:rolleyes:. Maybe you need to do a little research before you start spouting stuff off. Cummins and Cat aren't the only ones making inline diesel engines.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that Isuzu puts their stuff in a lot of equipment here and overseas. Hitachi excavators for one and they are an inline design:rolleyes:. Maybe you need to do a little research before you start spouting stuff off. Cummins and Cat aren't the only ones making inline diesel engines.

Izuzu probably builds as many diesels as Cat and Cummins combined. They build and supply marine engines as well as industrial engines all over the world. I bet they build as many power generators as Cummins builds engines in general. Izuzu builds industrial engines as small as 7hp all the way up to 550hp, this doesn't include their automotive or marine engines, this doesn't include their ship engines which are sold under a different name. Izuzu not only supplies GM with engines but has there own line of vehicles, both commercial and light duty shipped all over the world including Asia which is a lot larger market than North America. It's just a fact, do a little research and it's plainly obvious.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You want to get into this? Mr mechanic who asks questions on DTR that would make you think you don't know a wrench from a socket. Don't start with me, I don't need to go to school to know my way around a vehicle, appearently it doesn't help some people anyway. You can say ford sells the most trucks and it's true, gm can say the same thing and still be right. It's all in how you go about it. Go look at cummins or cats site both claim most diesel engines in the world and in one way or another they are both right. Fact stands izusu is not the leader in pickup diesel engines.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want to get into this? Mr mechanic who asks questions on DTR that would make you think you don't know a wrench from a socket. Don't start with me, I don't need to go to school to know my way around a vehicle, appearently it doesn't help some people anyway. You can say ford sells the most trucks and it's true, gm can say the same thing and still be right. It's all in how you go about it. Go look at cummins or cats site both claim most diesel engines in the world and in one way or another they are both right. Fact stands izusu is not the leader in pickup diesel engines.

there is more to engines than just motor vehicle applications, just as honda is the world leader in gas engines, isuzu is a powerhouse and know there stuff, i hate gm with a passion i dont even know why i am defending them, but that engine is pretty darn good regardless.

smokindiesel

Reaction score
I can't argue about what isuzu builds, they do build a lot trucks over seas and yes boat engines, But when they built the duramax they only built it to take stock power levels, they failed to put adaquate filteration on wich takes out injectors. The cylander walls are coated with the same coating they put on 2 strokes(forget the name of it) so they are not feasable to rebuild. get a cummins it'll kill a duraweak. If thats the luke from DTR I would say he always has excellant information and is very helpfull.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow I hit a nerve eh? I never said Cat or Cummins make the most engines, or the best. All I said was that Isuzu makes inline diesel engines maybe not in the north american truck market but they are out there. Chill out man, last time I checked I offered to help you put that clutch in your truck a while back since you hadn't installed one before. Pretty sure you were asking questions about that and I gladly offered what info/knowledge I had. No need to get all bent out of shape and have a pissing match on here.

And if I do ask stupid questions so what? Thats part of learning right? Better to ask a stupid question and get an answer than to pretend to know the answer.

Bigdaddy00

Reaction score
They don`t need urea because revamped the 5.9 to a 6.7(junk) to meet the greener burning laws,GM and Ford are using the urea system. They have been use this system in Europe for at least 5 years and it not burning it all the time just when it needs to clean out the gunk.......

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They don`t need urea because revamped the 5.9 to a 6.7(junk) to meet the greener burning laws,GM and Ford are using the urea system. They have been use this system in Europe for at least 5 years and it not burning it all the time just when it needs to clean out the gunk.......

WTF are you serious JUNK you gotta be kidding me, get a grip

Top Bottom