Spartan Tuner for 6.4 Ford

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you like the way the truck runs?
I recommend putting on a winter front?

What did you see for mileage gain?
The power is awesome hey?

don't get me wrong you seem like you know what your doing but big tunes and blocking the intercooler (winterfront) don't go well together in some cases. im just saying keep an eye on egt's..... ford service departments are pretty booked up as it is, ok sorry i had to:beer:

Big Bark

Reaction score
Kenny Obviously you do not have Spartan or you would know this is not a concern. Check out there websight before making posts Spartan Diesel Technologies - Technology Beyond Performance!
or
The Diesel Garage - A Performance Diesel Site

The dash Daq reads EGT's and will let you know if it is getting hot. I have my winterfront under my RBP grill right on the intercooler. I have tried my hardest to get EGTs up and can not even get them to 1200 pre turbo with the cool air coming in the EGT's are lower. The truck also makes more power with a bit of extra heat built up. If you want I can pull 50 pounds boost and let you know the intake air temp through my Spartan Dash Daq?
It reads every signal the Ford CPU has in it including Air temp pre intercooler and intake manifold.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did say some cases and i don't know anything about fords or spartan tunes. in some performance diesel senarios a winter front might get you a little hot. it was just a friendly heads up

Big Bark

Reaction score
Kenny,
I own a 6.4 and love it so I get a bit defensive.
I had a 6.0 L and it spent a lot of time in the shop.

I also love Cummins we are doing a lot of Smarty Tuners from Mads Electronics. They are sweet if you are going to tune a Cummins you need Mads. I can not wait for the Smarty 6.7 DPF delete tuner. I am hoping they release it before X-mas.

We are also putting Hot Race 2 PPE tuners in 6.6LMM Dirtymaxes which is a 300 RWHP tune. Being 1000 pounds lighter they can take my 6.4. The only concern is the Allison Tranny going into limp mode because it does not like the power as much as the new Ford Tranny.

Top Bottom