Sour Grapes

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For Sale: British Columbia Resort For Sale in Revelstoke

Little more than 2.6, $5.6M woulda got her but it says its currently l not available. Must be waiting out the the recession. With the right management this place should be a goldmine. Wonder what the summers are like there?

I bought my first house there 10 years ago, a trailer actually but still made some good $$$ from it. Have to say the summers are awesome, hunting, fishing, quading etc. Revi is my favorite place on earth.

It is too bad Glacier House has got a bad rap over the years mostly self inflicted but what can ya do.....Don't stay there. I know its out of the way but I highly recomend Halcyon Hot Springs. If you don't mind the commute.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I travel 13-15 hours every time I go to revy, this will be my 5th trip this season in a few weeks... I've stayed at the glacier every time. I have so much good to say about them. But I also have a lot of bad things to say about it. Ultimately it boils down to the owner. 1 week ago, my buddy lost his sled in a treewell, broke both bones in his leg. We called our buddies who had gone down early to double up on one of the rental sleds they had to get his m8 off the hill after we had airlifted him out. So they went to talk to Alex, told him our situation, he said that's fine, but it's 70$ an hour for every hour we are late returning the sled...... Uhmmmmm thanks for understanding?? Moving on....... I know the girls at the glacier very well. I talk to some of them almost every day religiously. And trust me, they feel the same way as you guys do. Is it their choice to bring out small portions of food when it's just one cook in the kitchen that maybe cannot handle all the work herself/himself? No. As for the breakfast thing, IT'S A BUFFET...... Do you expect it to be a 5 star meal?? we eat at Denny's every morning, and we don't mind doing that either cuz most of us usually have to shop at the store before we go up on the hill for smokes or food. Two things I dislike about the glacier, no wifi and no ATM on site. Gas bar closes at 10am which means if ya had a rough night the night before and wanna sleep in an extra hour, well ya ain't getting any fuel. As you can tell this is an unbiased opinion. All the girls there treat my group like gold, we've had that bar open till 2am sometimes, the girls writing our drinks on paper to charge the next night.... Where else would you find something like that?? Everywhere you go has it's ups and downs. Personally, I won't stay anywhere else besides glacier, even with the complaints I just stated. The cleaners has been perfect every time, 2 trips ago I accidentally left 2500$ cash on the bedside table, for those of you wondering why is because I sold a transmission to a guy along my way and never got to a bank machine, anyways, and it was right out in PLAIN sight, and it was all still there that evening. Last I heard, it is still for sale at 2.6 million... If only I had 2.6 million kickin around..... LOL. Anyways, to each their own. I love glacier.

Seriously dude, you need a head shake. You admit that the owner has no compassion, serves small portions, limits fuel service, has crappy food, no wifi, and you still have to drive into town everyday, but because they never stole your cash and the girls will write down your bar tab until the next day, it is worth supporting the shitty owner??

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously dude, you need a head shake. You admit that the owner has no compassion, serves small portions, limits fuel service, has crappy food, no wifi, and you still have to drive into town everyday, but because they never stole your cash and the girls will write down your bar tab until the next day, it is worth supporting the shitty owner??
I think you have to read my post with your good eye.... I'm sorry if I'm not as big of a prick as most of you guys that choose to not give the glacier a chance at all. Again, I said to each is their own. No matter where I stay, I never eat a buffet breakfast, even at the 5 star hotels in California, I choose to eat in town anyways even if the eggs where made of gold. Did I once, bash anyone other then the owner in my last post?? Did I offend you?? I think not. So I'll shake my head at you sir, and tell you to move on and stop cluttering this thread with ignorant and arrogant posts. I simply said, despite the owner being a retard and a slight lack of compassion, we still get treated like VIPs by the employees down there. Maybe it's cuz we're such a fun group and takes the good out of every sub-par situation and still has a good time despite the few minor things that could use a change... Instead of being a stuck up snooty stiff, run back home to my computer and tell all my online friends about how crappy it is there... This is my last post in response to this thread, I don't care if every mod on this site has to edit this post, i hope I got my point across as that really struck a nerve. If you don't like to stay at the glacier, then don't. I most certainly won't miss seeing you there! To everyone that keeps coming back to the glacier, cheers.

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know how that place stays in business. Maybe that's why it's been for sale for so long............

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank the Glacier Outhouse for its terrible service, crappy parking and breakfast that made cold plain oatmeal sound like a real treat for letting us find the Peaks Lodge. We won't stay anywhere else due to the great hospitality, strong drink and awesome food they provide.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On top of all the sub-par service, Alex the owner's crappy, arrogant, attitude, just wanted to warn anybody with a family that if you take your kids to the restaurant for supper you are herded off into the corner where your kids cannot even see the sled vidoes being played. You can treat me like crap and I won't be back, start being a jerk to my kids and I get right upset! Absolutely the last time Glacier House will ever see one of my hard earned dollars... be forewarned if you have checked out their website and are expecting a dream sledding holiday!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In casual chats with people on the mountains, you hear all kinds of different stories about this place. I found a few groups staying at the Glacier House who were first-timers to revy. The GH has a big intranet presence and does a lot of marketing, drawing in those poor folks who just don't know any better where to stay. I kindly offer the names of the places we like to stay, including the Peaks, Revelstoke Lodge, and a few other spots. :) I also think Zala's should be keeping a "free beer" tab for me for the amount of people I have sent their way.....LOL

Top Bottom