Sour Grapes

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone should point out this thread to the owner, maybe they "think" they are doing a good job. Just saying

This thread is not the first or last of its kind about the Glacier House....wonder where buck50 is anyways? ;)

FarFrmStock

Reaction score
I have stayed there twice already and I'm heading there again Feb 8th. I have stayed in a cabin all times and have minimal complaints. Food has been ok and the hot tubs worked fine however I can honestly saw that I feel that I should get more for the $$ it cost. Seems to me that the place has great potential but is not being managed well. I usually don't stay there cause I don't ride Bolder or Frisby often and it's pricy for what you get.

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those that had good luck at Glacier house..stay there. If you want to park and ride and have a great experience with owners and staff that are great, stay at the peaks. Enough said.........

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Okay, suck it up people.
This has been beat to death.
If you stay and have not read previous posts or threads its your dilema!
You make things of what you want them to be.

Good/bad!
You have the choices in your life and do not have to stay there anymore.
As you have noticed, good stays, bad stays/

I can say the same thing about restaurants and other hotels in Revy. Hit or miss!
But I don;t center them out.
Are you folks there to sled or are you all the next high end travel BC critics??????

Suck it up and grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Make better choices next time.......... It is ultimately choices and you have the power to make them..

Nuff said.

PM me if you have issues.
No I have no ties with any businesses in REVY as of yet.....................

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, suck it up people.
This has been beat to death.
If you stay and have not read previous posts or threads its your dilema!
You make things of what you want them to be.

Good/bad!
You have the choices in your life and do not have to stay there anymore.
As you have noticed, good stays, bad stays/

I can say the same thing about restaurants and other hotels in Revy. Hit or miss!
But I don;t center them out.
Are you folks there to sled or are you all the next high end travel BC critics??????

Suck it up and grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Make better choices next time.......... It is ultimately choices and you have the power to make them..

Nuff said.

PM me if you have issues.
No I have no ties with any businesses in REVY as of yet.....................

You are very right! it was my choice to stay there. Had I known that they had no idea what customer service was and that I wouldnt be able to get a decent meal or use the hot tub there, I would NOT have chosen them at all. Hopefully I am helping many others to NOT make the same mistake I made. As a disgruntled consumer I am striking back the only way that I can.

Kimrick if you'd like to give me the $1000.00 that Glacier House basically stole from my group, i'd gladly retract every word i've written about it. ( you can even write the checque out to the charity of your choice )

As for your question, I am there to sled but there is a lot more to a sledding trip than just when i'm standing on my sled with it pinned. And yes whenever you charge for any service, you should be able to bear such scrutiny or perish as a business.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
i'm sure someone has brought this up before as it is a yearly bash. Some guys like the place and some guys don't just sort of like car/truck/sled/trailer/ATV's/boats/etc. dealers.

We have all experience the good, the bad, and the ugly! Let's move on, eh!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Perfect ferniesnow/////

Popcorn time if we can keep this thread alive!
Cmon General. time to chime in again>>>>

LOL
i'm sure someone has brought this up before as it is a yearly bash. Some guys like the place and some guys don't just sort of like car/truck/sled/trailer/ATV's/boats/etc. dealers.

We have all experience the good, the bad, and the ugly! Let's move on, eh!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I travel 13-15 hours every time I go to revy, this will be my 5th trip this season in a few weeks... I've stayed at the glacier every time. I have so much good to say about them. But I also have a lot of bad things to say about it. Ultimately it boils down to the owner. 1 week ago, my buddy lost his sled in a treewell, broke both bones in his leg. We called our buddies who had gone down early to double up on one of the rental sleds they had to get his m8 off the hill after we had airlifted him out. So they went to talk to Alex, told him our situation, he said that's fine, but it's 70$ an hour for every hour we are late returning the sled...... Uhmmmmm thanks for understanding?? Moving on....... I know the girls at the glacier very well. I talk to some of them almost every day religiously. And trust me, they feel the same way as you guys do. Is it their choice to bring out small portions of food when it's just one cook in the kitchen that maybe cannot handle all the work herself/himself? No. As for the breakfast thing, IT'S A BUFFET...... Do you expect it to be a 5 star meal?? we eat at Denny's every morning, and we don't mind doing that either cuz most of us usually have to shop at the store before we go up on the hill for smokes or food. Two things I dislike about the glacier, no wifi and no ATM on site. Gas bar closes at 10am which means if ya had a rough night the night before and wanna sleep in an extra hour, well ya ain't getting any fuel. As you can tell this is an unbiased opinion. All the girls there treat my group like gold, we've had that bar open till 2am sometimes, the girls writing our drinks on paper to charge the next night.... Where else would you find something like that?? Everywhere you go has it's ups and downs. Personally, I won't stay anywhere else besides glacier, even with the complaints I just stated. The cleaners has been perfect every time, 2 trips ago I accidentally left 2500$ cash on the bedside table, for those of you wondering why is because I sold a transmission to a guy along my way and never got to a bank machine, anyways, and it was right out in PLAIN sight, and it was all still there that evening. Last I heard, it is still for sale at 2.6 million... If only I had 2.6 million kickin around..... LOL. Anyways, to each their own. I love glacier.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last I heard, it is still for sale at 2.6 million... If only I had 2.6 million kickin around..... LOL. Anyways, to each their own. I love glacier.

For Sale: British Columbia Resort For Sale in Revelstoke

Little more than 2.6, $5.6M woulda got her but it says its currently l not available. Must be waiting out the the recession. With the right management this place should be a goldmine. Wonder what the summers are like there?

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just need two sledhead partners with some extra cash and willing to spend the next five years turning it around.Could be a gold mine with the right people running it.As for the summer,use some of the land and put it a campground.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so there has been other issues with people having rocks or snow dumped on there vehicle at the parking lot of glacier!? My ex girlfriends dad had that happen to him parked in the parking lot at 8 am came back around 4 and had a massive snow pile on his hood.

xp24

Reaction score
Just stayed there for four nights last week. Front desk staff and cleaning staff were very friendly. My only complaint (this time) was that we booked cabin 104 thinking it was a private cabin. We paid $450 a night. Got there and it is actually a duplex. I can't see it advertised on the website as a duplex at all. The walls in between 104 and 103 are paper thin and have a foot at the top of the wall that actually just has a piece of drywall covering it up so when one cabin has lights on it shines through to the other side. We only spent this much a night because we brought along our 11 month old who wakes up at 4:30 am and cries during the night. We didn't want to wake other hotel guests if we stayed at Days Inn where we usually stay. Also, we thought it would be nice and quiet for him during the night as well. Our neighbours usually came home around midnight and we could hear every single word (so could the baby). I'm only posting this because I wanted to warn others who are thinking they are getting a private cabin. If you are in 104 or 103 it is a duplex! We stayed in the lodge a few years ago and had terrible service (regarding parking issues and breakfast buffet...come on $16 for breakfast buffet should get you all you can eat whatever). We vowed we wouldn't stay there again. Wish we would have stuck to that. Also, went to take the baby for a swim at the lodge and the change room was temporarily out of service? being renovated? so that was not convenient.

Top Bottom