Sour Grapes

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't often bashed any particular vendor as I usually think that there are times when everyone has an off day and maybe I just caught them at the wrong time. While staying at this Resort there were so many things that were so bad, but I decided not to make a post about it because the snow was so awesome and we had such a great time wrenching and rocking out in the trailer in the parking lot. However, and I admit that this is my own fault I didn't read the 14 day cancellation notice I signed upon check in as I would normally do. After all this is our yearly weeklong trip to Revy and were all very excited. So please keep this in mind, I'm pissed about paying for nights in a hotel room that I wasn't there for as well as the other 3 rooms our group occupied.
First of all we usually stay at Peaks but decided to try somewhere different this year just to switch it up.

The hot tub was only available for two of the 6 nights we were there

The buffet breakfast which was the only breakfast available at this resort was late the first 3 mornings. When it did come out there was only enough food for maybe 10-12 people. Then every 10 minutes or do they would bring out a single plate of eggs or sausage or French toast.

The restaurant downstairs was very poorly run,unless of course their goal is to serve as much alcohol as possible. The first two nights it took at least 1-1/2 hrs to get our food. But drinks came as fast as I've ever seen anywhere. Sometimes this is a good thing but not after spending the day lifting and dragging on sleds

Having to go to town for a decent meal morning and night meant there wasn't any advantage to staying in a place that had on site fuel and sled from the front door availability.

Glacier House Resort is the place I'm talking about. My group and anybody we sled with will likely never stay there again. They do have a great location and a beautiful facility but they have No idea about customer service.

Revy had some of the best powder we've ever ridden in and we are looking forward to our next trip, it just wil NOT be at this resort!

Last edited:

GRD

Reaction score
Heard a few similar stories in other posts on here. A bit disappointing.

han solo

Reaction score
Our group stayed there when it open back in 2000? It was the same way, nothing has changed with the way its run.

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly as mentionned above, that was our experience twic 10 years ago and have heard very little to the contrary, it is too bad since it is a great location and facility

xp24

Reaction score
did you stay in the lodge or did you have one of the cabins.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive stayed there on 2 occasions in the cabins and had really no complaints. Nachos soggy in the restaurant. People were friendly rooms were clean and restaurant in basement even made us food after the kitchen was closed. I have heard the horror stories but am yet to experience it.

Hilgy

Reaction score
wow. we stayed there last year and it was great. mind you this was the first time any of us ha been to revy as well as the first time we ha dever been on sleds. we are heading there in a couple days so i guess we'll see if our stay last year was a fluke or not. we have already found another option for next year but hope not to be disapointed this year.

muddmadness

Reaction score
I also agree with thegeneral. we were there last week and everything you say is correct. This was definately the last time staying there. I brought up some buddies from Ontario and the thought of waking up and jumping on the sled really appealed to them. After our stay in one of the larger cabins it will be our last. Hot tub didnt work worth a s#!t. Cleaning was minimal and change left on a bed side table went missing. This has sparked me to look else where, maybe VRBO for next time. After our stay in revy we did two days in golden at Silent pass and we stayed at Kickinghourse Kabin in Blaeberry (found on vrbo). WOW what a change. no ride in ride out but that place was sweet, and very reasonable. It really is a shame the spot glacier house has and the quality they are dealling out now.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a sh%^ hole. i would never go back. was there last year with the fam.
my old man's chicken burger was raw when they served it.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm were booked in for march...i guess plan on eating in town... i think, but i could be wrong. but usually if you leave change on the bed its suppose to be a tip.. not sure about the end table...anybody have proper travel rules for that?

could be worse they could have been sitting in your room drinking your whiskey and surfing on your laptop... ? yes it could happen...

T

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm were booked in for march...i guess plan on eating in town... i think, but i could be wrong. but usually if you leave change on the bed its suppose to be a tip.. not sure about the end table...anybody have proper travel rules for that?

could be worse they could have been sitting in your room drinking your whiskey and surfing on your laptop... ? yes it could happen...

T

Cleaning staff should not remove the change no matter where it is unless there is a note attached or the person has completely checked out.

allrevsrule

Reaction score
I have stayed there cleaning people totaly cleaned out room of all our money front desk didnt care and said call the cops! 145.00 gone and they said the cleaner quit next day ! They did not treat us very nice and same hot tub issues! Never stayed there since, looks like nothing has changed !

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
14 day cancellation notice, that's B.S. I keep hearing the same stories over and over again, probably for that reason I've never stayed there.

Adren-junkie

Reaction score
funny thing is i didnt need to read who it was ........ your description fits glacier house to a tee

Exactly what I was thinking, anyone who has stayed there would know where you were talking about. It's such a shame the potential that place has.

sledneck97

Reaction score
Well that's just great! To hear about this. Guess where we have a cabin booked next week!!!! Oh well just gonna have to suffer through it all I can say is I hope the snow is deep.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Don't be surprised if a pile of snow and rocks end up on your hood or bogus room charges. Make sure your off the hill by 3 cause the grill will be closed. best to drive the extra mile to Zalas

vkropodra

Reaction score
Maybe someone should point out this thread to the owner, maybe they "think" they are doing a good job. Just saying

Top Bottom