So cheap !!!

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, let's hear it. There has got to be something you never could forget about someone and their....cheapness.

We could all use a laugh sometimes, so what have ya got ?

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got three to start us off...

Someone I knew, (and still know) would change the oil of their other family vehicle, and then use the used oil in their own vehicle.

Someone I knew would take a ziploc bag of coins to pay for things, and start with the pennies, until they were all gone, before moving up to the nickels they had. When bag broke............tape to fix it's damage, not a new bag. LOLOLOLOL

Someone I know fixed their vehicle window with a piece of wood. (Like the stuff you cannot see out of). ... No tickets yet.

Oh so I have a fourth. My mother told me that someone I know would add vinegar and water to the bingo dabbers to make the ink last longer, and dab ever so slightly that you could barely see the ink. ?????????????????????

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone I knew, (and still know) would change the oil of their other family vehicle, and then use the used oil in their own vehicle.

you have to tell the whole story not just part of it. the person who you know had a truck that burned 1 ltre of oil to about 300km, he pushed a little water with the windsheild when out weelin once, maybe twice, but anyhow oil is expensiove when it burns it at that rate.
i have to defend said person on this one.:d

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have to tell the whole story not just part of it. the person who you know had a truck that burned 1 ltre of oil to about 300km, he pushed a little water with the windsheild when out weelin once, maybe twice, but anyhow oil is expensiove when it burns it at that rate.

LOL Magnet do you have something to confess?

When I went out with my brother I ordered cheese toast(4.99) and being polite I offered some. Well he ate more than half of it, but whatever I should expect that from him. The server split the cheese toast on our bills and he made a big deal about $2.62

Not as bad as the oil thing...

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but anyhow oil is expensiove when it burns it at that rate.

Wow, I guess there are two people who do this. I remember when the one person that I know did this, a family member of that person emailed CISN 103.9 about it, and the morning show crew had to pause their show, they were laughing so hard when the email came in, they at they could not even form words. They could not beleive someone would do that, and then they couldn't believe that someone would actually admit that they were related to someone who would do that.

Hey, I have a thought about the person you know who did the same oil change thing. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the person in question was a mechanic and just didn't fix the problem ?

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

When I went out with my brother I ordered cheese toast(4.99) and being polite I offered some. Well he ate more than half of it, but whatever I should expect that from him. The server split the cheese toast on our bills and he made a big deal about $2.62

This reminds me of another person I know, who would count the number of pieces she had out of a pizza and thought that she shouldn't have to pay the tax on her portion because she ate less than 6 servings. :eek: Yeah, that was fun. Young and single at the time. No wonder I stayed single so long, hangin out with the likes of someone like that. By the way... she also reused the garbage bag under her kitchen sink and dumped the garbage into the outside garbage can to save the cost of purchasing bags. :eek:

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know a guy that would not get insurance on his sled loan. Said "if he should die, she would have to sell it before some azzhole road his sled".

She said " waht makes you think I'm going to marry another azzhole".

:eek:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i see it more as being thrifty not cheap.:d
think of it this way every litre of oil said person saved he/she could buy 1 bottle of beer.:rolleyes:

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see it more as being thrifty not cheap.:d
think of it this way every litre of oil said person saved he/she could buy 1 bottle of beer.:rolleyes:

Yeah, umm, except for a said person who doesn't do the beer thing.

On another note, I should state something, in case any said person or persons say otherwise and change the story. When at a drive through, you use your quarters as payment for your order, to give the people working at the establishment extra coin, as they may be low and need some. Had paper cash, not cheap, so don't try to change it. I hear that sometimes people do this and are then thought to be cheap if it is brought up incorrectly.:nono:

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAD a friend that was so cheap at times. I hated going out for a meal with him. If the bill was $50, and you toss your $25 on the table and a $5 for a tip. He pockest the cash and pulls the plastic. I just paided for $5 of his and the waitress thinks that you both are a$$ holes for on tip.

You go for a drink and I seamed to always get the first round and he wasn't interested in a second round! So it was!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Hmmmmm...... nifty idea for keeping the bickering away from the children...virtual marriage....

:d:beer::d

ABKTM

Reaction score
I'm a mechanic, when I was going through my apprenticeship, my mentor was the cheapest person I've ever met.

The one example that still sticks out in my head.

His tire gauge stopped working once, wouldn't slid nice and smooth. He had a second one that also didn't work. He built one out of the two. Come on, they're 99 cents at canadian tire, you're a mechanic and should have something of quality. He also admitted that more than half his tools had come from stuff he took from apprentices over the years.

Jordan

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
In 1999 I bought a 98 mxz at the auction for $3000 put 1 new shock 2 used shocks and used track I got for free rode hard for 10 yrs sold it in 2008 for $3600

Bought 8x8 tilting trailer in '99 for my new sled for $325 put a coat of paint and a new tail light sold it last fall for $950

Bought a chevette for a winter beater at the auction in '95 for $175 near mint condition bone stock original am radio put 2 tires a tranny filter and pan gasket drove for 4 winters then sold for $800.

Bought numerous full aquarium setups took the stuff i wanted and parted out the rest and usually doubled my money parting them out

.....so yeah I'm cheap

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now I KNOW there's lots out there that'll say they did and DIDN't DO THIS ONE ....CLOTH DIAPERS !!!!!! You know...those things you put on yer kids when they're little cause they ain't potty trained....???!!!

Had a guy at work not that long ago that said they were all in for the environmental aspect and were going to use cloth diapers....good on'em I say...if you can do it! Sheet is supposed to be in you.,...NOT ON YOU!!!!! anyway... knowing this individual and how weak a stomache he had....we made bets as to how long it would be before they changed over to disposables....it took just over 2 months...we were almost in stitches when he was telling us at work as to how he had to scrape them out and then put them in the washer....it was halarious....the big thing is ....is that this guy is really cheap but even HE couldn't do it! Oh ya....first kid for them! Gotta love them newbies! LOL....Thank GOD for mothers ....towels and aftershave !!!!! LMAO!

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a friend move to Alberta a couple years back, I got him a job on a drilling rig. I was renting him my basement for only 400.oo month. He had the ballz at about 3months in to suggest that his rent should "acctually" only be 200.00......because he worked a 2wk hitch, and was only home for 2wks a month.
I believe that the place he moved into at the end of that month cost him 1490.00.......he was a good lookin' lad.....just not thast bright

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guy at work was doing some renos and gheard that I had a dump trailer that worked great for hauling junk to the dump. He showed up at my door wanting to borrow it...not phone first, just showed up. No problem, I said pull around back and hook her up. I had forgot that I had some drywall scraps in it...like 2 maybe 3 5 gallon pails worth. First thing he says "you are going to take that out before I take the trailer right"

I was stunned. It killed him that he had to pay at the dump to dump my $3 worth of drywall . The funny thing was he had gutted all his drywall in his entire house, which he had piled up in the back yard for weeks. which the last week it rained hard fo 3 days.

He also tore a strip off his mother in law for cooking him a Hotdog on the BBQ....with 3 burners on.....you only need 1 !!!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got three to start us off...

Someone I knew would take a ziploc bag of coins to pay for things, and start with the pennies, until they were all gone, before moving up to the nickels they had. When bag broke............tape to fix it's damage, not a new bag. LOLOLOLOL

Someone I know fixed their vehicle window with a piece of wood. (Like the stuff you cannot see out of). ... No tickets yet.

Oh so I have a fourth. My mother told me that someone I know would add vinegar and water to the bingo dabbers to make the ink last longer, and dab ever so slightly that you could barely see the ink. ?????????????????????
:nono: Not nice to talk about our buddy bogger that way :nono::nono::nono:

Top Bottom