Snowcheck Pricing

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
are the commissions paid to the salesperson standard or do they float a bit depending on the final terms of the sale ?

There is no formula dealers follow it's all up to the owner. Where I worked it was a set % of the profit margin, with a very minimum base salary ($10/hour). So the less I sold an item for the less I took home. People wouldn't believe me when I said I have to have a living too. Lol So if it was a low snow year and we had to low ball sleds to sell I was broke. Haha guess that's why I'm back in the oilfield now.
This is usually why every salesperson tries to get freight and PDI. So they actually get some money in their jeans on a very minimal commission.

tranquillicer

Reaction score
My 2014 Summit Sp 154 pull start 4yr warr, all in.......just a bit less than most are advertising their used 2013 for on Kijiji these days.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha got me there! ;) Your right on being upfront. In my short time working at a dealer I always wanted to treat people as I myself would be. No gimmicks no tricks all up front and honest. I guess the message I was trying to get out there is some dealers take advantage of uneducated buyers by telling them they "have" to pay this extra $ no question. So many better ways to explain it lol. People have to see that the price point beat anyone else's best deal dealer isn't always the answer. That guy usually is making so little that he can't afford to pay good parts and service staff. All brands break down and all brands need parts. Pick the BEST dealer not the cheapest ;)

Best dealer is the way to go IMO. I shop by who's going to take care of me when things do go sideways. I prefer the smaller shops with good service. I like that when I walk through the door or phone everyone knows my name. I can talk to anyone I want to, from the own, to the mangers, right to a tech directly to solve my problems. They all know MY sled and its history. I'd rather pay a few hundred extra on the purchase price up front to a shop (big or small) that will be there for me when I really need them and are willing to go the extra mile to keep me riding all season.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
There is no formula dealers follow it's all up to the owner. Where I worked it was a set % of the profit margin, with a very minimum base salary ($10/hour). So the less I sold an item for the less I took home. People wouldn't believe me when I said I have to have a living too. Lol So if it was a low snow year and we had to low ball sleds to sell I was broke. Haha guess that's why I'm back in the oilfield now.
This is usually why every salesperson tries to get freight and PDI. So they actually get some money in their jeans on a very minimal commission.

PREACH IT BROTHER SASQUATCH!.... I wonder what would happen if I told the guy that was paving my driveway I wanted him to do it for next to nothing? Everyone is allowed to make 100% wage at thier job selling goods or services... But then everyone expects the guy THEY are buying from to make 50% or lower... Yet still provide the same value of goods and services they do at thier own jobs. Just keep in mind... There are customers that pay YOU the money you are making to buy the sleds...... Are you letting them lowball you?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PREACH IT BROTHER SASQUATCH!.... I wonder what would happen if I told the guy that was paving my driveway I wanted him to do it for next to nothing? Everyone is allowed to make 100% wage at thier job selling goods or services... But then everyone expects the guy THEY are buying from to make 50% or lower... Yet still provide the same value of goods and services they do at thier own jobs. Just keep in mind... There are customers that pay YOU the money you are making to buy the sleds...... Are you letting them lowball you?

??? huh....

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All I got out of that is you are paving your driveway.....lol

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca

Hahaha! So true! When people I didn't even know would grind and grind and grind me on price I'd get so frustrated. I'd ask them ,"If a complete stranger walked up to you and rudely asked you to give them $100 or even $50 would you?" They'd usually reply, "Well why would I do that!? That's stupid!" Lol Precisely my point! So I'll be fair and honest with my price and you the customer will still have staff to talk to and a dealership to go to next week ;).

Cat_Girl

Reaction score
Website
www.ralphsmotorsports.com
Hahaha! So true! When people I didn't even know would grind and grind and grind me on price I'd get so frustrated. I'd ask them ,"If a complete stranger walked up to you and rudely asked you to give them $100 or even $50 would you?" They'd usually reply, "Well why would I do that!? That's stupid!" Lol Precisely my point! So I'll be fair and honest with my price and you the customer will still have staff to talk to and a dealership to go to next week ;).

Exactly, when you grind and grind on pricing, what ppl don't realize is that that dealership might not be around a few months later.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly, when you grind and grind on pricing, what ppl don't realize is that that dealership might not be around a few months later.

maybe a little extreme. i dont think there business model would allow them to grind the prices so low they go out of business. but i hear what your saying. at my job we are 200$ an hour. take it or leave it. and i respect that so when i go purchase my sleds i dont wheel and deal because the relationship is more important than the 300$. and its done great things for me having that attitude. i have FAR exceeded my loses on paying more money for the sled than i would have grinding the salesman to death. but to each there own.

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
maybe a little extreme. i dont think there business model would allow them to grind the prices so low they go out of business. but i hear what your saying. at my job we are 200$ an hour. take it or leave it. and i respect that so when i go purchase my sleds i dont wheel and deal because the relationship is more important than the 300$. and its done great things for me having that attitude. i have FAR exceeded my loses on paying more money for the sled than i would have grinding the salesman to death. but to each there own.

Yet he has no issues grinding you after your passed out and your shoes have been stolen......

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I buy from a dealer its important to be treated fairly. And, IMHO many larger dealers want the sale but not the after sale service.

Dealers need to make money. If they don't there won't be any dealers around to look after the repair on your sled.

"Cost is what you pay!!
Value is what you get"

Top Bottom