Snowcheck Pricing

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reading all these price threads is driving me nuts. perhaps we could all get on the same page?

for example. theres alot of 14,xxx$ ALL IN statements floating around. but that tells me nothing. it may sound like a killer deal but maybe its only a 2 year warranty? right..?

all in or out the door(otd) should be --> sled price + freight/pdi + tax = OTD

now OTD still means nothing.

other things to add when posting pricing on the internet.

#1 - warranty - are you a 2?3?4? year warranty
#2 - specify the model you are snowchecking. for example skidoo has a price variation for different color options so this is important information other than summit x 163.
#3 - electic start of pull start? this is a 400$ difference so also very important
#4 - any other incentives your dealer is offering. shock upgrades/in store credit/rebates etc.
#5 - extras - perhaps your dealer throws you a spare belt/spare key/tarp or a jug of oil.
#6 - the dealer! someone posts a price and its always a big secret?

heres how i beleive a price should be posted. and this is just me so feel free to chime in if anything is missed.

EX.

2014 summit x matte black red 163 electric start
-4 yr bumper to bumper warranty
-electric start
-raptor shock upgrade
-martin motorsports
(14,xxx) OTD W/TAX/FREIGHT/PDI

thanks for listening

Last edited:

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Max, that's way to simplified. Where is the adventure in knowing all the info in just one post.lol

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reading all these price threads is driving me nuts. perhaps we could all get on the same page?

for example. theres alot of 14,xxx$ ALL IN statements floating around. but that tells me nothing. it may sound like a killer deal but maybe its only a 2 year warranty? right..?

all in or out the door(otd) should be --> sled price + freight/pdi + tax = OTD

now OTD still means nothing.

other things to add when posting pricing on the internet.

#1 - warranty - are you a 2?3?4? year warranty
#2 - specify the model you are snowchecking. for example skidoo has a price variation for different color options so this is important information other than summit x 163.
#3 - electic start of pull start? this is a 400$ difference so also very important
#4 - any other incentives your dealer is offering. shock upgrades/in store credit/rebates etc.
#5 - extras - perhaps your dealer throws you a spare belt/spare key/tarp or a jug of oil.
#6 - the dealer! someone posts a price and its always a big secret?

heres how i beleive a price should be posted. and this is just me so feel free to chime in if anything is missed.

EX.

2014 summit x matte black red 163 electric start
-4 yr bumper to bumper warranty
-electric start
-raptor shock upgrade
-martin motorsports
(14,xxx) OTD W/TAX/FREIGHT/PDI

thanks for listening

Good list of items.....how about you start with what you ordered.....

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So. Tell me. What do YOU pay maxwell?

I wouldn't get all worked up on pricing threads....unless Fleming didn't cut you such a siper deal?? Lol

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Every dealer charges it. Its just built into there price you are quoted. BRP does not ship sleds for free and techs don't work for free.

I was a BRP salesmen at a AB dealer for 3 years. This is how it works....
Always say plus freight and PDI and try to get it. If it comes down to losing a customer, write it off and keep the sale. Freight is real yes... But the dealer pays one lump sum per truck load. PDI set-up cost is real too, but hate to break it to ya, it's usually the lowest paid high school kid or apprentice that sets the sleds up. This keeps the profit margin higher. How do I know? Cause that's how I started at a dealer. PDI'ing new sleds. If your good you can have almost 3 new summits set up and ready to go by noon. Skandics and Tundras are a different story lol. Way way more set-up time!
There has ALWAYS been freight and set up costs at dealers. It's just been in the last few years that dealers are following suit with car dealers which leave it as a fixed charge on every sale. This way the dealer guarantees a margin even if the unit final sale cost is cut. I've seen the legit BRP invoices with freight to a dealer. You would be surprised at how little your dealer profits above the invoice price. It's really a joke compared to the mark up on car sales. Your sled dealer makes up for it in parts/accs profit and service profit when it comes in for work.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RTR Kamloops
163 white/red/black non e-start 4 year warranty
$14299 + HST = $16014.88 and they are throwing in $300 in accessories

Performance All Terrain 100 Mile House
163 white/red/black non e-start 4 year warranty
$13899 + $550 Freight/PDI + HST = $16182.88 and they throw in $500 in accessories

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a BRP salesmen at a AB dealer for 3 years. This is how it works....
Always say plus freight and PDI and try to get it. If it comes down to losing a customer, write it off and keep the sale. Freight is real yes... But the dealer pays one lump sum per truck load. PDI set-up cost is real too, but hate to break it to ya, it's usually the lowest paid high school kid or apprentice that sets the sleds up. This keeps the profit margin higher. How do I know? Cause that's how I started at a dealer. PDI'ing new sleds. If your good you can have almost 3 new summits set up and ready to go by noon. Skandics and Tundras are a different story lol. Way way more set-up time!
There has ALWAYS been freight and set up costs at dealers. It's just been in the last few years that dealers are following suit with car dealers which leave it as a fixed charge on every sale. This way the dealer guarantees a margin even if the unit final sale cost is cut. I've seen the legit BRP invoices with freight to a dealer. You would be surprised at how little your dealer profits above the invoice price. It's really a joke compared to the mark up on car sales. Your sled dealer makes up for it in parts/accs profit and service profit when it comes in for work.

I'll take your 3 years and raise you 25 years. Lol. I owned a dealership for 25 years and this is how freight works. BRP charges the dealer a set fee for freight based on trucking costs and current fuel prices. PDI is based on time to set the sled up, topping up oil and whatever fuel is put in the unit. Some dealers charge more for the PDI cost than others but the freight is the same whether you live in Tulameen, BC or across from the shipping yard in Valcourt, Quebec. This is so no dealer has an advantage over the other on pricing. I agree with you on the margins. Even at full pop alot of people would be surprised how little is made on a sled. The real money is in parts and service. As far as how I ran my business and everyone is different mind you was I had full disclosure. You are paying this price plus gst. Everything is upfront. Seemed to work for 25 years to.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
I'll take your 3 years and raise you 25 years. Lol. I owned a dealership for 25 years and this is how freight works. BRP charges the dealer a set fee for freight based on trucking costs and current fuel prices. PDI is based on time to set the sled up, topping up oil and whatever fuel is put in the unit. Some dealers charge more for the PDI cost than others but the freight is the same whether you live in Tulameen, BC or across from the shipping yard in Valcourt, Quebec. This is so no dealer has an advantage over the other on pricing. I agree with you on the margins. Even at full pop alot of people would be surprised how little is made on a sled. The real money is in parts and service. As far as how I ran my business and everyone is different mind you was I had full disclosure. You are paying this price plus gst. Everything is upfront. Seemed to work for 25 years to.

Hahaha got me there! ;) Your right on being upfront. In my short time working at a dealer I always wanted to treat people as I myself would be. No gimmicks no tricks all up front and honest. I guess the message I was trying to get out there is some dealers take advantage of uneducated buyers by telling them they "have" to pay this extra $ no question. So many better ways to explain it lol. People have to see that the price point beat anyone else's best deal dealer isn't always the answer. That guy usually is making so little that he can't afford to pay good parts and service staff. All brands break down and all brands need parts. Pick the BEST dealer not the cheapest ;)

Cat_Girl

Reaction score
Website
www.ralphsmotorsports.com
Hahaha got me there! ;) Your right on being upfront. In my short time working at a dealer I always wanted to treat people as I myself would be. No gimmicks no tricks all up front and honest. I guess the message I was trying to get out there is some dealers take advantage of uneducated buyers by telling them they "have" to pay this extra $ no question. So many better ways to explain it lol. People have to see that the price point beat anyone else's best deal dealer isn't always the answer. That guy usually is making so little that he can't afford to pay good parts and service staff. All brands break down and all brands need parts. Pick the BEST dealer not the cheapest ;)

Amen.
Currently work at a dealership.
Dealerships make pretty much NOTHING off of selling units.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are the commissions paid to the salesperson standard or do they float a bit depending on the final terms of the sale ?

Top Bottom