Why are cats so much more then skuds

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much is freight? 500 bucks or so? So that is a grand or so to un-crate, pull up the handlebars, and put the skis on. I don't think anyone even function checks anything. I have seen base camp advertise their spring check price is 1K over MSRP before.

And a 400 BRP charge! that is bullch!t. Isn't MSRP a BRP charge ?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s the fee BRP said they would be charging on all inseason sleds this year due to pandemic. I can’t remember the exact details or reasons but it’s big optional
Oh Ya that makes sense.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much is freight? 500 bucks or so? So that is a grand or so to un-crate, pull up the handlebars, and put the skis on. I don't think anyone even function checks anything. I have seen base camp advertise their spring check price is 1K over MSRP before.
I havent seen a 2022 dealer binder so not sure on the exact freight price but it shouldn't be over that or if it is it won't be by much Bert. Basecamps price is probably for PDI/ freight and doc fees. I know they have always charged doc fees.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they add bullch!t on top Just build it into your price, but then they do not look competitive against the other doo dealer in their area. Not sure why any one would purchase there.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in the day the old owner of Bow Cycle Jimmy S was hagging on me at a dealer meeting why I didn't add freight and set up to my prices? I told him I quote all in plus gst because I want the customer to know what he's paying when he picks up his sled. He said I was leaving money on the table. He quotes a price then charges freight, pdi and doc fee's when the customer picks up the unit. He told me 50% will pay it no questions asked, 25% would question him but pay it in the end. For the last 25% that refused to pay it he would throw it in. He said I was a poor businessman. I told him I would have 20 times the people at my funeral than he would. I don't think he understood when I said that lol.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freight is a standard fee across Canada. The dealer across the street from the Valcourt plant pays the same freight as Riderz does in Edson. Its not $1000/crate for freight for a snowmobile. It may be for a side by side. I know they are more. As far as PDI fees every dealer charges what they want. I know the last dealer I worked for they charged $700/freight and pdi. Where as we heard Martins charged $1200 for the same fees. As far as PDI goes there is more cost than just building the sled. It cost money to pick that model out of a pile of 100 units where as you may have to move 20 crates to get to it. Bring it down to the tech, he has to uncrate it and then haul all the crate material to the dumpster. He builds the sled, adds accs which are usually charges separately then gas and oil added, unit is cleaned and delivered to the delivery area. Then when the customer comes he throws his old key at you and says he wants it programmed as a spare and could you put that fuel caddy on as well while you are at it? Lol. Its usually a chit show at delivery! Haha. Dealers rarely make a decent profit on predelivery.
That why Im wondering if something changed this year with all the pandemic costs. I don’t want to knock on Basecamp but the freight and PDI fee seems high to me, I dunno if thats a normal fee for that dealer.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That why Im wondering if something changed this year with all the pandemic costs. I don’t want to knock on Basecamp but the freight and PDI fee seems high to me, I dunno if thats a normal fee for that dealer.
Its because they are lol

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the BRP fee?
Commodity surcharge.........
Screenshot_20211114-205516.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in the day the old owner of Bow Cycle Jimmy S was hagging on me at a dealer meeting why I didn't add freight and set up to my prices? I told him I quote all in plus gst because I want the customer to know what he's paying when he picks up his sled. He said I was leaving money on the table. He quotes a price then charges freight, pdi and doc fee's when the customer picks up the unit. He told me 50% will pay it no questions asked, 25% would question him but pay it in the end. For the last 25% that refused to pay it he would throw it in. He said I was a poor businessman. I told him I would have 20 times the people at my funeral than he would. I don't think he understood when I said that lol.
That's a good plan to have no repeat sales.
I have zero respect for guys like that.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thats a 154x3 with shot thats not a base model per say as it has added options a base model is 154x2.5 pull start

cat is 146 and has pull start and is 2.6 track

the 3 inch track and shot are like 1200 in upgrades and oncw u own the raptors there work for a few model years usually and they usually fetch a premium on resale anyways

That 146 alpha track is still worth more than a 3” don track

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WFT is a commodity surcharge? Sure seems like total bullch!t charge to me. They are charging it because they choose to, no other reason. Are they giving discounts to anyone who's sled is delayed?

BRP stock up 382% - 6 Billion in profits, one $400 surcharge at a time....LOL

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WFT is a commodity surcharge? Sure seems like total bullch!t charge to me. They are charging it because they choose to, no other reason. Are they giving discounts to anyone who's sled is delayed?

Not justifying it, but I expect it is costing a lot more than $400 per sled to build them now then they did a year ago. Steel prices are way up, shipping costs have gone up almost 10 times, etc, etc. And, there is a lineup to buy them. I guess they know that if you don't pay it, the next guy in line is going to.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Anyone who’s sled is delayed won’t be paying the 400$ surcharge as they would have been spring orders. This applies to in season models for the reasons listed below, increased prices on basically anything and everything. Probably would have been better if they just added it to the price of the machine but way she goes there won’t be any left with the 400$ charge so I guess your paying jt if you want a new sled lol

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fact that they can still get away with charging "Freight" blows me away. As a business shipping product to your location is an inherent cost. It should be worked into the cost of your items and the customer should never be responsible with it. If people were getting charged "shipping to the store" on cartons of milk, they would lose their minds. I dont get why its acceptable for vehicles and toys etc.
Agreed! Freight is built into the accessories pricing which is much more challenging.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I know it’s out of control hey, fees fees fees

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not justifying it, but I expect it is costing a lot more than $400 per sled to build them now then they did a year ago. Steel prices are way up, shipping costs have gone up almost 10 times, etc, etc. And, there is a lineup to buy them. I guess they know that if you don't pay it, the next guy in line is going to.
So this is going to be the new "fuel surchage" on sleds. Each weeks market conditions will determine the commodity surchage!? That's facked!

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
brother phoned in just to see
Out the door price dealership sent this back instantly didnt ask for money down or trade and tacked out all the insurances and 96 month my god look at the end result lol

Attachments

• 15B38C8A-8E8D-46F8-AA16-84FAED1C6F68.jpeg
    15B38C8A-8E8D-46F8-AA16-84FAED1C6F68.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 170

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
brother phoned in just to see
Out the door price dealership sent this back instantly didnt ask for money down or trade and tacked out all the insurances and 96 month my god look at the end result lol

Very interesting - 96 month financing for something that will last for 24.

“That Ski-Doo Feeling”. ….of a giant cock up your can! 🤣

Top Bottom