Why are cats so much more then skuds

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a way to advertise a low price and then pull the ole switcheroo when ur signing the papers.

Shady AF!
Crazy how many people dont look at the bill of sale before they sign they Look at the payment and dont even realize there gettin facked on skme bullch!t fees as it only makes 10-15 a month more then mb they had tbought

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fact that they can still get away with charging "Freight" blows me away. As a business shipping product to your location is an inherent cost. It should be worked into the cost of your items and the customer should never be responsible with it. If people were getting charged "shipping to the store" on cartons of milk, they would lose their minds. I dont get why its acceptable for vehicles and toys etc.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy how many people dont look at the bill of sale before they sign they Look at the payment and dont even realize there gettin facked on skme bullch!t fees as it only makes 10-15 a month more then mb they had tbought
I think people look, but youre sitting there excited about getting a new sled and they throw a bunch of fees at you.
Youre pissed, but you still take the sled lol

Just shady if you ask me. Why are you advertising 16g when its 19500 otd?

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i had snow checked and seen all those extra fees on a presold sled if be walking with my deposit back lol why i never sell my sled till new ones in the garage

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fact that they can still get away with charging "Freight" blows me away. As a business shipping product to your location is an inherent cost. It should be worked into the cost of your items and the customer should never be responsible with it. If people were getting charged "shipping to the store" on cartons of milk, they would lose their minds. I dont get why its acceptable for vehicles and toys etc.
So if the manufacturer charges $500/crate for the unit to the dealer how does he recoup that? Should he include it the price (add to MSRP) or add it to the quoted discounted price or just eat it?

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The main difference is the arctic cats have the ATAC system for the fox shocks, can adjust settings right from the handlebars, the bumps the price a bit having electronically controlled shocks

The models I compared were both 154 pull start models. Coilover shocks. They were identical, neither had the ATAC shocks.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think people look, but youre sitting there excited about getting a new sled and they throw a bunch of fees at you.
Youre pissed, but you still take the sled lol

Just shady if you ask me. Why are you advertising 16g when its 19500 otd?
People need to just ask for a quote on the OTD price and then decide where they buy. When we had our dealership I always quoted price plus gst. I didn't want the customer pizzed at me when I started adding fees when he picked it up. Treat people how you want to be treated. And dealers that charge $199 doc fee for a cash sale I would tell them to fack off. It does not cost $199 to generate a bill of sale.

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if the manufacturer charges $500/crate for the unit to the dealer how does he recoup that? Should he include it the price (add to MSRP) or add it to the quoted discounted price or just eat it?
Cost of doing business imo. I agree with you above, they should just be posting out the door pricing. Whatever you are selling it for for should include all costs.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It should be charged to the unit, but Has freight gone up, that it’s 1000 dollars a crate tho??? I’m wondering if there was a increase cause that’s alot of money, or profit for that dealer. It does not take 4 hours to PDI a sled for 600 bucks. Just saying.

I thought Freight was a standard fee across the board for every dealer, crappy for the dealers close to the factory. Unless something has changed this year.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People need to just ask for a quote on the OTD price and then decide where they buy. When we had our dealership I always quoted price plus gst. I didn't want the customer pizzed at me when I started adding fees when he picked it up. Treat people how you want to be treated. And dealers that charge $199 doc fee for a cash sale I would tell them to fack off. It does not cost $199 to generate a bill of sale.
Be nice if theyd just advertise the otd price instead of 3500$ cheaper!

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1600 + pdi and freight is disgusting.
+BRP fee. Hell no!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should be charged to the unit, but Has freight gone up, that it’s 1000 dollars a crate tho??? I’m wondering if there was a increase cause that’s alot of money, or profit for that dealer. It does not take 4 hours to PDI a sled for 600 bucks. Just saying.

I thought Freight was a standard fee across the board for every dealer, crappy for the dealers close to the factory. Unless something has changed this year.
Freight is a standard fee across Canada. The dealer across the street from the Valcourt plant pays the same freight as Riderz does in Edson. Its not $1000/crate for freight for a snowmobile. It may be for a side by side. I know they are more. As far as PDI fees every dealer charges what they want. I know the last dealer I worked for they charged $700/freight and pdi. Where as we heard Martins charged $1200 for the same fees. As far as PDI goes there is more cost than just building the sled. It cost money to pick that model out of a pile of 100 units where as you may have to move 20 crates to get to it. Bring it down to the tech, he has to uncrate it and then haul all the crate material to the dumpster. He builds the sled, adds accs which are usually charges separately then gas and oil added, unit is cleaned and delivered to the delivery area. Then when the customer comes he throws his old key at you and says he wants it programmed as a spare and could you put that fuel caddy on as well while you are at it? Lol. Its usually a chit show at delivery! Haha. Dealers rarely make a decent profit on predelivery.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be nice if theyd just advertise the otd price instead of 3500$ cheaper!
They want to catch your eye Dan. Then add add add so it looks like its your fault not theirs. If they quoted OTD no one would take a second look at all. Customer needs to do this himself.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They want to catch your eye Dan. Then add add add so it looks like its your fault not theirs. If they quoted OTD no one would take a second look at all. Customer needs to do this himself.
I know why they do it, i just think its shady! Lol

Ive been buying sleds long enough to know the deal though, they wont trick me with the add haha

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know why they do it, i just think its shady! Lol

Ive been buying sleds long enough to know the deal though, they wont trick me with the add haha
You'd be surprised how many people gloss over the details and focus on the price

Top Bottom