Sled Blew Up

russhayes83

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on where to get warranty work done. Live in Edmonton so anywhere around here would be good. Looking for the best service with the least headaches and quickest turn around since the season is in full swing.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
looking for suggestions on where to get warranty work done. Live in edmonton so anywhere around here would be good. Looking for the best service with the least headaches and quickest turn around since the season is in full swing.

have heard a few of the new polaris 800's blowin'.... What went on yours??

russhayes83

Reaction score
My recoil blew up and took some of my engine casing with it. Took it to cycle works they are going to try and get a new engine out of Polaris for me. Has anyone tried the new track for the Assualt? Just wondering how much better it would be in the Pow as the one that is on there is ch!t.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be worse in the pow, much stiffer track and tends to trench more. Not sure on a different track for it but the assualt one is like 8 ply maybe 10 haha, maybe find something a lot softer?

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on where to get warranty work done. Live in Edmonton so anywhere around here would be good. Looking for the best service with the least headaches and quickest turn around since the season is in full swing.

The boys at elk island are good i've bought 2 sleds off them...good customer service talk to don or trent.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had my Assault blow up on me after 100 miles.......they claim snow ingestion......I guess their not meant to be rode in the snow!!! Other than that I loved my Assault, they are built tough......chassis wise anyway!!!

tanner

Reaction score
I just had my Assault blow up on me after 100 miles.......they claim snow ingestion......I guess their not meant to be rode in the snow!!! Other than that I loved my Assault, they are built tough......chassis wise anyway!!!

The dealer is saying the same thing for my buddies 08 D8. The snow ingestion.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they saying snow ingestion so they can get out of warrenty work?

zgrizz

Reaction score
Did they have these problems last year with the 800's as well? Is it just the 800"s or the 7's to?

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your tellin' me.......all my friends are going today because the weather is finally going to cooperate.....and I'm riding the couch......not a very good feeling at all. As for Polaris not covering it under warranty, my dealer said they would cover it.....and they better have or you might have seen something in tommorrows paper. I had problems with my 2008 600 RMK last year as well....kept going though reed valves.....is Polaris ever going to be a serious contender in the snowmobile market again.....at this point I'm not too sure!!

deeker

Reaction score
i had a 08 700 dragon that sled ran great just pull and go. but this year i got smart and riding a four stroke and loving life. never buy another 2 stroke.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This happens to be the 6th Dragon that i have heard of with a pooched engine this season....... I have heard great things of the 800 Dragons,the ride, the power, just all around good sleds, but I am noticing a trend now. I find it hard to believe that it is snow ingestion on all these sleds. If the air intake system is plumbed/connected proper then how is it that snow is getting ingested....... Hmmm.........I think there is more to it then that.

The word on the street is....... There is a fuel delivery system problem....... There is a ethynel and regular blend fuel option. The riders have to be aware of what type of fuel they are running and what wires/mode the fuel delivery system is set to run........ I would be questioning the dealers about this, what's there solution...... as i am sure the last thing everyone wants is the same go around they had with the 900's years back. I have read this in another post on here and other forums. I hope everyone has a good riding season.

Last edited:

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got back from talking with my dealer......the situation does not look promising for Polaris this year. This is what I was told.....take it with a grain of salt.......He was telling me that he had a hard time filling his orders this year because Polaris had pulled production on the Assault and the Dragon back in November... I didn't get mine until December 15, and one guy didn't even get his Assault. He figures that Polaris was becoming aware of this engine problem and stopped making them, thus shorting his orders....Better if there's only a few people upset than an entire country, right. There is a definite problem with snow ingestion, they told me that the snow is getting ingested from around the light bezel and upper dash assembly. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......any person who has purchased a new 2009 Polaris had better talk to their respective dealers or they might be in the same boat as the rest of us........blown motors!!!!!!!!:rant::rant::rant:
Hopefully Polaris comes up with a solution quick and compensates those they've screwed by selling a snowmobile product that can't be used in the snow!!!! Good Luck to all the Polaris owners out there!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is happening is the engineers fiddled with the ECU program to make more HP and there is a lean in the program between 5500-7000 RPM and thats where the motors are poping this info come right from my sources at polaris in the US take this as what every you want it to be, for 1000.00 each i will give everyone the info required to save the motors from going down. LOL.

BD

Last edited:

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard this scenerio as well.....and it doesn't surprise me. I guess the snow ingestion is a diversion away from the true problem.....CFI 4 ECM.....they had better let their Canadian dealers in on this. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom