Ski doo 850 turbo kits thoughts and review's

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's all you'll see from a boost it non intercooled turbo 174 and 850 In that amount of snow, yah may get 60 if the conditions allow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he's not maxed out on the boost, assuming he has 1 more pound he can squeeze out you would think that would amount to a little bit more speed? that one extra pound should equate to more revs, weather its 100 or its going to hit the rev limiter im not sure but there should be more. correct me if im wrong

I know but didn't use the word cheap, but are you saying since one is better price it is cheap, so only option must be boost it, lol

I think what he is saying is don't base your selection of of price alone, there are other variables to consider like customer service, quality of parts, quality of fuel programmer, reputation, etc etc. no need to get snooty :beer:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he's not maxed out on the boost, assuming he has 1 more pound he can squeeze out you would think that would amount to a little bit more speed? that one extra pound should equate to more revs, weather its 100 or its going to hit the rev limiter im not sure but there should be more. correct me if im wrong

I think what he is saying is don't base your selection of of price alone, there are other variables to consider like customer service, quality of parts, quality of fuel programmer, reputation, etc etc. no need to get snooty :beer:

Thank you that was exactly what I was saying!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know but didn't use the word cheap, but are you saying since one is better price it is cheap, so only option must be boost it, lol

I was saying that lots of guys base there turbo purchases on price. But most of the time there is a reason why they cost more, cause they are tried and tested and run better. Personally I would choose boost it cause he builds and test his kits where I ride and he's local! Red line kits are sounding good to!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because it costs more doesn't mean it better either.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because it costs more doesn't mean it better either.

This is true to. It's hard to say. I've seen alot of good running boost it turbos. I haven't been around a redline turbo doo yet. I don't own either yet so I also am pretty much the peanut gallery..... I've been trying to do my homework on all the kits so I can choose what's best for me, and I think that's what it comes down to. I don't think there is a 'best kit', I'm thinking they all preform pretty well except fir anything with a done box. I refuse to put any dobec box on any of my machines.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few words to add,, these kits are really getting defined, they all have differences from one another, it's really what your after and SERVICE..

who answers the phone, who rides what they sell, location that works well for you, do they carry parts on hand with things go south.. a fuel tune that is perfected for elevation, ambient temp, inter cooled or not, now that's worth $$

noakes

Reaction score
Running the boost it kit and runs amazing. Have over 800km on so far and hasn't skipped a beat. Best service i have ever dealt with.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The nonintercooled kit can be boosted way over 6 lbs.
Over 8 lbs will get you into rev limiter and it, pulls way harder, but with no intercooler it just makes more heat and it's harder on the engine.

The recommendation to keep the sled on clicker 3 and turn up the boost til yah get the 7900 is odd to me, If your short on rpm in deep pow and keep on cranking on the dial the engine can be overboosted, but with no gauge how would the owner ever know. Which was the case at xmas in revy when we ran into this issue, and lots of questions were thrown at me about this very topic.
I was with my buddy who bought snopros sled and my brother on another 174 boost it sled, the 10-12 extra mph trackspeed over a stock 174 was wicked in the handlebar deep snow, both sleds now have boost gauges and you would be surprised how much boost they will make and not get your rpm.

Last edited:

Rulonjj

Reaction score
I rode the aerocharger 850 a few days ago. On 5 lbs it freaking rips. It felt like an axys running 8 lbs. Spool up was quite impressive.

DirtyDangles

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the TPS Turbo Performance systems or the BoonDocker kits (high and/or low boost) kits on the 850's yet?

Curious if everyone building turbo kits has switched over to external waste gates and billet wheels on the turbos?

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
90 percent of turboed skidoos on kijiji are aerochargers for sale.... I bought a 2015 with an areocharger on it running 7 psi I would not recommend areocharger to anyone bogged popped huge turbo lag .....tried one on my rt 1000 yrs ago and was not impressed either...... BOOST IT ALL THE WAY.....

Rulonjj

Reaction score
I would recommend aerocharger to my best friend. I have 2900 miles on my aerocharged xm. Never had any issues. If it's popping and bogging it needs new reeds. Not really the turbos fault if the reeds are shot.

Limbo

Reaction score
Not everyone knows how to tune the AFR of an etec, the stratified combustion really messes with people and so most are tuned stupidly rich at mid rpm and throttle. The other issue is clutching, if you expect just to throw weight at it to handle the top end on boost the engagement will be horrible. The two things that would keep me from buying another Aerocharger is the US$ and the local support from Albertan kits

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
90 percent of turboed skidoos on kijiji are aerochargers for sale.... I bought a 2015 with an areocharger on it running 7 psi I would not recommend areocharger to anyone bogged popped huge turbo lag .....tried one on my rt 1000 yrs ago and was not impressed either...... BOOST IT ALL THE WAY.....

A boost it will do the same thing if the reeds are gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride with lots of great running aero chargers, and good running boost it.. Kits are getting very defind and would not put one over the other, heard the Aerocharger, red line, turbo performance are all kicking butt on 850.. Impulse there as well

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That redline kit is interesting, looks like a nice kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone's a Machanic... my last step before the sled going on kijiji for sale was to check the reed they where just fine... played with the variable vane setting and dobec fuel controller every ride.... huge bog at low to mid range.... no turbo lag my a.. personally I think it's fuel mapping some work and some don't...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone's a Machanic... my last step before the sled going on kijiji for sale was to check the reed they where just fine... played with the variable vane setting and dobec fuel controller every ride.... huge bog at low to mid range.... no turbo lag my a.. personally I think it's fuel mapping some work and some don't...
No lag with my Boost it kit on my G4. Just as quick as the stock set up and sled is stupid fast.

Top Bottom