Ski doo 850 turbo kits thoughts and review's

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into the Redline Performance kit, guy outta Sylvan Lake by the name of Dave started this outfit, seems to be very hi quality and the dude is serious about sledding, I'm local to the area so makes sense to support him. Base kit is very affordable, runs 5psi on pump gas and turns these 850's into real animals. I think most of the videos are on YouTube and Facecrack
Redline Engine Performance: Home Page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jgibos

Reaction score
Look into the Redline Performance kit, guy outta Sylvan Lake by the name of Dave started this outfit, seems to be very hi quality and the dude is serious about sledding, I'm local to the area so makes sense to support him. Base kit is very affordable, runs 5psi on pump gas and turns these 850's into real animals. I think most of the videos are on YouTube and Facecrack

I did speak to him today about his kit. Sounds pretty good

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you talked to boost it out of ponoka, I haven't rode the 850 but I'm very happy with the quality and the way my low boost t3 runs. I would say give them a chance as well. TJ has been great to deal with as well.

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes boost it is good but top dollar as well. But both I think you can't go wrong

PowPirate

Reaction score
I hate to think what belt life of a boosted 850 would be.. Can barely keep belts on mine stock.

Jgibos

Reaction score
I hate to think what belt life of a boosted 850 would be.. Can barely keep belts on mine stock.

Im worried about that as well. But most turbo kits vome with new clutch weights and springs.

PowPirate

Reaction score
Im worried about that as well. But most turbo kits vome with new clutch weights and springs.

I don't think that the way these sleds are blowing belts is a clutching issue.. I have gone to a stiffer secondary spring and a LOT more arm weight and while performance is without a doubt better than stock and heat is a down a little bit, my clutches are still waayyyy too hot.. I don't think they braced the motors enough and I am pretty sure there is misalignment issues under load.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paul from impulse sent me this yesterday.. Looks like its dialled in very good at 10 lbs and installed a baker skid.. If it's anything like his Etec 800 kit, it's a work of art.. Just turned over 2000km boosted and it always runs strong..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qkFEdIcDVMU

redline also has there 850 doo running real strong, and if it's like there poo turbo kit, you just can't get a better running clean install perfectly tuned kit all built in house, in Alberta And tested and tuned by themselves..

Mpi finnally got there kits out just recently as well, few guys got them on the snow and it seams precisely tuned out of the box.. Be out we hope this weekend with them and Paul's kit..

We are pretty dam lucky as consumers to have these great choices to pick from if your looking

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=Big A;2359356]Look into the Redline Performance kit, guy outta Sylvan Lake by the name of Dave started this outfit, seems to be very hi quality and the dude is serious about sledding, I'm local to the area so makes sense to support him. Base kit is very affordable, runs 5psi on pump gas and turns these 850's into real animals. I think most of the videos are on YouTube and Facecrack

Redline hands down! Best service I have ever had from any dealer for any rec products. He has these dialled in tight! Whole new sled......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just had my first 2 days with my Boost It low boost kit on my 850. Once again was not disappointed with the attention to detail on the build and the performance. This kit flat out delivers! Pulled my first big hill and pulled 7950 all the way. From what I could tell when I could look down and take a quick look at speed it was pulling about 86 km in 2 ft of light pow. BRP seriously needs to reinvent their gauge package. Thanks to Neil and TJ. Never had to adjust a thing except my riding ability. Lol.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just had my first 2 days with my Boost It low boost kit on my 850. Once again was not disappointed with the attention to detail on the build and the performance. This kit flat out delivers! Pulled my first big hill and pulled 7950 all the way. From what I could tell when I could look down and take a quick look at speed it was pulling about 86 km in 2 ft of light pow. BRP seriously needs to reinvent their gauge package. Thanks to Neil and TJ. Never had to adjust a thing except my riding ability. Lol.

Hey any reviews on the low boost kit you had for your xm? was it any good? what happened to it, did you sell it off?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey any reviews on the low boost kit you had for your xm? was it any good? what happened to it, did you sell it off?
I was very happy with it last year. I really think this 850 is quicker on throttle though. Very responsive. I was pretty darn impressed with your spacers. It was nice to back out of the trailer and not have the stock rear skid collapse. I had to give them a chance though but probably gonna look at a coupled skid. That sled is an animal on boost. I highly recommend guys with stock XM's and G4's to spend the cash on your spacers though. They are the real deal! Good job!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been out today with the 850 impulse and be out again tomorrow, ran very well today, and hope to See it in action against its smaller Etec sister.. Grab some good vids

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was very happy with it last year. I really think this 850 is quicker on throttle though. Very responsive. I was pretty darn impressed with your spacers. It was nice to back out of the trailer and not have the stock rear skid collapse. I had to give them a chance though but probably gonna look at a coupled skid. That sled is an animal on boost. I highly recommend guys with stock XM's and G4's to spend the cash on your spacers though. They are the real deal! Good job!

well ive been paying close attention to the xms for sale on Kijiji looking for boost it turbos for sale and there is none so that pretty much speaks for itself. Im thinking in order to make my old iron compete with the stock 850 im gunna need to make a move here and and im thinking that low boost kit is where im gunna go.

Thanks for the feedback, they deff work. Do they compete with a coil over or aftermarket skid? no but i think they are as good as you can get with the stock torsion set up. pair torsion springs with boost and an 850 and its pretty much time to drop the whole skid and start fresh, im with you all the way.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How many lbs boost? 53mph isnt that impressive for a turbo.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said Deaner thats a number I saw when I took a quick look on a steep hill with the skis in the air. I wasn't focusing on that tiny readout that long. To put it into prospective a 2016 XM 163 with my buddies kid on it who weighs probably 90-100 lbs lighter than me barely scratched over the top. There is a very huge difference in speed which there should be. Prolly running 4-5 lbs boost? You can run a boost gauge but I bought the base kit that doesn't offer one for the price. The kit max's out at 6lbs. I never tried to run the max as the sled was working very good at what it was set up for in the conditions we were riding.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's all you'll see from a boost it non intercooled turbo 174 and 850 In that amount of snow, yah may get 60 if the conditions allow.

Top Bottom