Silent Pass conditions

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new truck.... Old Chevy gone..... Ram would have had to tow you guys ;) hahah :)

Hahaha, I was more concerned about mountain driving ability. :p jk :)

Please everyone using this road, have a radio :) You would be surprised the **** show we cause as sledders when you can hear what the truckers go through. The guys on this road are awesome, really watch out for sledders, but we make their life hell on these roads. If you don't have a radio, wait up for someone who does and follow them up. More and more people are radioing up, once people get one and hear what they've been missing, they wouldn't want to travel without one.

Last edited:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well..... we are going to give it a try. We are new to riding in the Golden Area. Have 4X4 Truck, Chains, Winch and Radio. Hope to see some of you folks out there.Might even take a second truck with a sled deck for a pilot truck.

Thanks.

You should be just fine :) When ya going?

Last edited:

Shovelking780

Reaction score
I'm sure you guys won't tell me but I'm curious as to where Silent is? I usually ride Hope with a group but really like the Golden area. I plan to move to this area in the next few years. I also spend lots of time here in the summer would like to know other areas to explore. If someone wanted to tel me where it was that would be awsesome PM if interested. I won't be advertising or bringing an army. My group really likes Hope but I wouldn't mind checking out silent especially for camping in the summer and sledding would be awesome if I someone to ride with. Thanks in advance.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
about 30km south of golden, at parson turn right. its not signed but a heli ski op is just across the bridge. bobbie burns maybe ???

ticket booth for trail pass is basicly same spot. hard to miss it all. road up is not fun with big trailer, buy or hire a radio ...

super simple and it aint no serect stash, but parking is sheety with no easy turn around for big trailers.

totally worth it on a good day ...

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no issue taking a big trailer up there if you are prepaired, truck needs good tires and chains when required. Go up early and there is no issues turning them around either take your time and drive to road conditions in the ten years we have been going there we have only had to chain up twice pulling a 21 ft to a 28ft trailer every time.

JasonT01

Reaction score
Was just there the last 2 days. Spring riding conditions but lots of snow left. Parking at km 46 and lots of room for trailers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you guys won't tell me but I'm curious as to where Silent is? I usually ride Hope with a group but really like the Golden area. I plan to move to this area in the next few years. I also spend lots of time here in the summer would like to know other areas to explore. If someone wanted to tel me where it was that would be awsesome PM if interested. I won't be advertising or bringing an army. My group really likes Hope but I wouldn't mind checking out silent especially for camping in the summer and sledding would be awesome if I someone to ride with. Thanks in advance.
You should read more info in this site. You would now Silent is public info. If locals have & sure they do, that's the rights of living in the area. Common dog.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Was there a few weeks ago, you have to drive in to 46 km. Can be icy in areas and muddy. Slightly rough at times as well, Especially between km 33-34. There's an axle breaker trench to watch out for. There's a big bump then a smaller trench then a big one. Several areas to unload as long as others park respectively. Park tight to the banks. No problem with a four place. Then the ride in was about 14 km to the top.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there a few weeks ago, you have to drive in to 46 km. Can be icy in areas and muddy. Slightly rough at times as well, Especially between km 33-34. There's an axle breaker trench to watch out for. There's a big bump then a smaller trench then a big one. Several areas to unload as long as others park respectively. Park tight to the banks. No problem with a four place. Then the ride in was about 14 km to the top.
Ewwwww, at 46 km

Wow that's a long long truck drive.... Like April long truck drive, but without the extra long daylight

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
If your there during logging you should have a radio and do watch for logging trucks.
The last approx 2 km are through the bush trail than has a lot of whoops. There is areas you can stop and rest. Then you get to the waterfall, stay steady on the throttle and it's not a problem. Worth the reward once your up there. have fun

edelhez

Reaction score
Thinking of heading up to silent on Monday, anybody know what the conditions are like up high?

Reaction score
Are there tracks over the backside down into the Duncan to follow? Would assume most wouldn't descend down into harder crusts and worse sledding, but I've got a ski mish in mind over there

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't put any down there yet. Don't knwo of anyone who has yet. It is up for grabs :)

given the the recent cold with all the April like conditions it would be extremely easy to forge a trail down there this year. Snow will be extremely setup.

Top Bottom