Selkirk Mountain Caribou Park Proposal (Silent Pass)

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
though id start a thread on this one, new proposal coming up for the entire Duncan valley. This proposal is from the Valhalla Wilderness Society, same society responsible for the Incommaplex valley closure which is now deemed a new BC Park.

This new Selkirk Mountain Caribou Park proposal includes Silent Pass designated snowmobile area. Please read up and be educated, it will be brought up in the future for clubs and so on.

Further notes is the Healy Riding area, Upper Howser riding area, all Duncan valley (basically the entire watershed), Macbeth valley drainage, and POSSIBLE Thunder water riding area as well.

Proposal Link

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yellowstone to Yukon. They're filling it in slowly buy surely.
If we don’t show up and have our voices heard we will lose all the good stuff eventually. The wilderness groups are well funded and are a well oiled machine when it comes to lobbying and getting areas closed to motorized. Been watching it for a long time and many of our best areas in Montana are long gone. Used to be worth the ticket, not anymore. Over 5 million acres are wilderness in Montana and the rad enviros want millions more. Spotted owls, grizzly, caribou and any other tools they can finds.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we don’t show up and have our voices heard we will lose all the good stuff eventually. The wilderness groups are well funded and are a well oiled machine when it comes to lobbying and getting areas closed to motorized. Been watching it for a long time and many of our best areas in Montana are long gone. Used to be worth the ticket, not anymore. Over 5 million acres are wilderness in Montana and the rad enviros want millions more. Spotted owls, grizzly, caribou and any other tools they can finds.
I hear ya. I spent over 20 years fighting against snowmobile closures for Caribou in the South Purcells. In the end it was Wolves and a completely failed Caribou transplant attempt that saved us. Till they come up with another species of convenience anyway. Hard to justify closures for Caribou if the Caribou all get eaten by the wolves. More productive to just relocate some wolves to the Caribou than argue with tree huggers.....not that I'm promoting that. :ROFLMAO: :p

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm posting this mostly to raise awareness and hopes that some club members that attend meeting bring this proposal to the table.

There is alot at stake here, if you have never ridden in the areas listed with a sled you are truely missing out on some great terrain!

Top Bottom