Silent Pass conditions

kfrey

Reaction score
Parking is at km 46 and the road can be icy going up for the first 3 or 4. Then about 13 on the trail. About 3 up through the trees to the lake. There is a bit of a climb at the end but I have seen families up there with kids on smaller machines. That's the start of the bigger area.

keithoo

Reaction score
Tried to go to silent today, there was a bunch of trailers jackknifed on the road. It was very icy. Ended up going to Quartz, snow was great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was ok, mayby bumper deep. Road was crazy icey. Bring chains if your hauling a Trailer. Couple jack knifed guys going up to silent caused about a 50min delay. With warm temp forecasted for the rest of the week I would image it will be in good shape for next weekend. Snow might be pretty crappy by then.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up silent today, they sanded the road to about 8km.

Snow was great, over the bumper in most areas. Trees were awesome. Tons of snow left, was snowing pretty good when we came down. Quartz was pretty busy Saturday and doesn't have the snow silent does.

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are thinking of heading up to Silent on Saturday. Just curious as to what kind of radio is needed for going up the road to the staging area or if it is needed at all? Is there usually a fair bit of traffic going up that have radios that we could just follow in? We will likely be rolling up to the area around 9 or so. Thanks.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen logging trucks on the weekend. There is a booth at the beginning of the road, they will let you know. The road is pure ice, bring chains or good tires if you're hauling a trailer.

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode silent yesterday. Only sleds on the hill. Road in was plowed but icy to parking at 46km, gravel and mud coming down at the end of the day. Trail in was in great shape. Snow, 6-8" fresh heavy on top of concrete. It was our first time in there, so there may have been spots with untracked, but we didn't find much untracked in there. Once up there, the open timber down low or side hills was best to play in. All in all, good day ride. Needs a lot more fresh snow.

need radio. 152.870. Still logging

Last edited:

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg
The only bumper deep we found all day. Most was spindle deep ha

Kyle89

Reaction score
Was trailers there today, as well as lots of fresh snow!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

powder dreams

Reaction score
Would someone be able to explain where the cabin is up there I don't know what anythings called at silent but the area doesn't seem huge. just couldn't see much with the snow and bad light well we were there last week. Seemed like it should be up to the right after you cross the lake but couldn't find anything and we were the only ones in there so I couldn't even ask anyone to point us in the right direction.

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only cabin is off the trail before the single track and is for rental only not a public warm up cabin...

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No club cabin and from the condition of the trail Saturday AM no club grooming to go along with club collection booth !

Trail was a nightmare

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No coffee yet Tex?

groomers broken seems to be a common problem all over this season.....

was as the snow up top worth smashing my **** here in a few days?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of their groomers broke about a month ago. Silent pass is awesome. Get up and you can ride to the left of the lakes in the trees, there is some nice features through the trees and small creeks. It opens up more to the right after the second lake, but if you can't see, would be hard to go up there. Usually tons of snow up there as it doesn't get the traffic the other places does.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silent isn't as busy as Quartz but it's plenty popular.

If anyone lost a Doo tunnel bag on the trail Saturday let me know. The bag is trashed but if you can identify the one valuable item in it we'll figure out how to get it back to you.

Top Bottom