Silent Pass conditions

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I am not all that familiar with late season riding in Silent Pass, but I was up near there on work related issues and decided to drive up McMurdo... I only got 3 km pass the bridge at the staging area at the 46km and hit a wall of snow... Not sure if you would run in to dirt pass that point. Elevation from GoogleEarth was 1450m at that point when I checked

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I am not all that familiar with late season riding in Silent Pass, but I was up near there on work related issues and decided to drive up McMurdo... I only got 3 km pass the bridge at the staging area at the 46km and hit a wall of snow... Not sure if you would run in to dirt pass that point. Elevation from GoogleEarth was 1450m at that point when I checked
Man that sucks. I wanted to tear that direction tonight. Wifey said "no! must do yard work!" Ugh. She right.....

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes you will, pound or winch yourself through it. There is a bad shaded area until the trail is a little more open from tree cover.

if you don't mind the dirt it could be up to 1.5km stretch

Doo2015

Reaction score
Any updates on silent pass? Heading up in December and was just wondering if the snow is at the 46km mark yet.

Top Bottom