Side by Side comparison Polaris turbo kits

jockdoc

Reaction score
This is a fantastic idea. As a potential customer, I am really interested in the comparison. Clearly, MTNTK, Boost-it, BD, Silber, and HM are all key contenders. Its gotta be on a comparable sled, however. Cross-pollination could be confusing at best. I might suggest a lower boost machine, like a pump gas system, at 6-8 lbs of boost, as that makes it a simple comparison. Just my 2 cents!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might want a tech inspector there as well. This is ripe for cheating as alot is at stake especially for the larger turbo manufacturers. Just my:twocents:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might want a tech inspector there as well. This is ripe for cheating as alot is at stake especially for the larger turbo manufacturers. Just my:twocents:

best cheater always wins !!!

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is at all interested in a mtntk turbo kit and wants to ride one just call we can set that up Anytime.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chrisco- you go to valemount at all? I am interested in a possible turbo for next year but would love to try it first, even see it in action would be enough.

geo

Reaction score
1psi 2psi.
Trouble with racing now a days is too many classes. Everybody wants a trophy. Run what you brung then cry me a river. Let the spectators decide who they want to cheer for. It's their loonie.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chrisco- you go to valemount at all? I am interested in a possible turbo for next year but would love to try it first, even see it in action would be enough.

He's there all the time. I saw his in action last week. Impressive to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All the time call the shop. I just did 4 new 14 pros ad sent them to Lloyd.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say f!@% the comparison. Too many variables.

Do your own research ride what ever the h!ll makes your sticker Peck up.

I for one would like to throw a leg over all the kits at one time or another.

Boost It makes a great kit (its Proven)
MTNTK has something that works (its well on it way to be proven)
HM has been at the game awhile and yes it works.
Silber is a low end kit that gets low budget guys into the game.
Boondocker, TSS, Aerocharger, Alpine, and everybody else I'm sure has something they say works.

What are you trying to prove Neil?????

The constant banter on forums about how ONLY one sled in the world works or that ONLY one turbo kit should be bought is old.

Technology changes all the time. One mans kit may work good this year and be sh1t the next.

On the other hand it would be cool to measure dicks on the hill put one against the other but a true side by side comparison like in the magazines means nothing more to me than the side by side comparison on the four sled builders comparing trail sleds.

:twocents:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh oh.....someone get a hurt feelings report out.

I think what Neil is doing is awesome. Alot of sales pitches and BS being thrown around in the aftermarket sled parts game......especially turbos. I would disagree that they all work good. I think some kits are advertised extremely well, and some work really well. I think an event like this will sort the two out in a hurry.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your never going to be able to see which one climbs best. but you will deffinetly be able to test the throttle response and how clean it runs etcetc. just to many varibles to say which one climbs best. 2 different riders on the same sled can climb 100m apart from eachother easily.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there will be no high marking .....break out the stop watches !!!!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure over the course of a day, and a few hills, it would become evident what stands out and what doesn't, biggest step is to have similar boost and similar chassis setup

with so many different chassis setups, different tracks, setup will be a key factor

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... If it is just a Turbo comparison and to keep it all legit... All sleds should be Stock Chassis/track/skid/163 with Manufactures Turbo/clutching all set at say 7lbs.. I know this thread has the ability to go south with everyone's opinions, thoughts & objections...
However a close sledding colleague just purchased NM personal Pro and we are planning to go out on 9, 10 & 11th... We will be able to compare somewhat... Why I say some somewhat .. Different skids, 174 x 3" vs stock 163... BUT as for throttle response etc... Will get a good idea. If timing works out I may have 3" in by weekend... And when we ride its just about having a good time and being safe... What I do know the Pro he purchased is an animal ....

Cheers

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I say f!@% the comparison. Too many variables.

Do your own research ride what ever the h!ll makes your sticker Peck up.

I for one would like to throw a leg over all the kits at one time or another.

Boost It makes a great kit (its Proven)
MTNTK has something that works (its well on it way to be proven)
HM has been at the game awhile and yes it works.
Silber is a low end kit that gets low budget guys into the game.
Boondocker, TSS, Aerocharger, Alpine, and everybody else I'm sure has something they say works.

What are you trying to prove Neil?????

The constant banter on forums about how ONLY one sled in the world works or that ONLY one turbo kit should be bought is old.

Technology changes all the time. One mans kit may work good this year and be sh1t the next.

On the other hand it would be cool to measure dicks on the hill put one against the other but a true side by side comparison like in the magazines means nothing more to me than the side by side comparison on the four sled builders comparing trail sleds.

:twocents:
I suggested a comparison not a competition. I ask you to find one thread in the entire internet where I claimed the. Boost-It kit was the best kit you can buy.
I started Boost-It to help people. I do this because I want to, not because I need to.

How many times have people bought a product that did not come as advertised. Once again I'm just trying to help people make a good choice. If there was such an independant comparison and my kit came dead last...well I asked for it I guess.

Maybe relax a bit.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suggested a comparison not a competition. I ask you to find one thread in the entire internet where I claimed the. Boost-It kit was the best kit you can buy.
I started Boost-It to help people. I do this because I want to, not because I need to.

How many times have people bought a product that did not come as advertised. Once again I'm just trying to help people make a good choice. If there was such an independant comparison and my kit came dead last...well I asked for it I guess.

Maybe relax a bit.

No I'm not worked up Neil. I just think that the only way to understand a comparison is to ride it yourself. A magazine article that anybody reads I think won't mean anything in hard facts. Therefore what you need to advertise is a come and ride day. Kinda like what HM so poorly said they would do and didn't. The way I read this thread is a kinda like your calling on other builders. I didn't say that you said yours was the best. Personally I would like to try one of yours. Don't get me wrong I think your stuff is top notch but I have only got to see it work.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh oh.....someone get a hurt feelings report out.

I think what Neil is doing is awesome. Alot of sales pitches and BS being thrown around in the aftermarket sled parts game......especially turbos. I would disagree that they all work good. I think some kits are advertised extremely well, and some work really well. I think an event like this will sort the two out in a hurry.

Nope no hurt feelings. I'm quite happy with my ride so far for better or worse.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way to go Neil . As you have said ? I have never seen a post of bashing , claiming , being better on anything and have always been very professional in the posts you do speak.
Some can't help themselves.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
No I'm not worked up Neil. I just think that the only way to understand a comparison is to ride it yourself. A magazine article that anybody reads I think won't mean anything in hard facts. Therefore what you need to advertise is a come and ride day. Kinda like what HM so poorly said they would do and didn't. The way I read this thread is a kinda like your calling on other builders. I didn't say that you said yours was the best. Personally I would like to try one of yours. Don't get me wrong I think your stuff is top notch but I have only got to see it work.
You have to remember that competition makes the world go around. If I said something or built a product that forced another builder to step up their game, then that helps everyone and hurts no one.
Does our stuff always run perfect?...nope. Can it be improved?....of course.
I ran turbo kits for years that ran so so. I just hope no one else has to go through the same thing if they are informed. It is frustrating, expensive, and quite honestly a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom