Side by Side comparison Polaris turbo kits

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I have had quite a few people ask me how our kit compares to all others, so I thought it would be best if we could do a side by side comparison of 2014 turbo kits.
so I would like to invite owners of any 2014 Polaris kits if they would like to spend a couple hours in the mountains doing some side by side testing.
It would be best if we could get all of them out in one day.
Who would be interested? I know there is a bunch of potential turbo owners, as well as some existing turbo owners that would like to see this comparison.

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
If I can make it on your planned weekend I will bring out my MNTK turbo and try to keep up!! It is not a big boost kit but I have nothing to hide and if someone wants to try it out I have way too many gauges hooked up so you know exactly what it is doing and it would be interesting to compare that is for sure, I like being the underdog anyways.

NM

Reaction score
If I can make it on your planned weekend I will bring out my MNTK turbo and try to keep up!! It is not a big boost kit but I have nothing to hide and if someone wants to try it out I have way too many gauges hooked up so you know exactly what it is doing and it would be interesting to compare that is for sure, I like being the underdog anyways.
Sounds good. Our kit only runs 7 pounds, so by no means is it a big boost kit. We have never run over 8 lbs boost.
I will bring our sled out with no gauges unless we want to have a boost gauge on it so there is nothing to hide.
it would be good to get some suggestions on what people would want to see for a comparison.
Here are some ideas.
Throttle response
Fuel economy
Clutching
Feel (how is the overall feel of the sled)
low speed, part throttle, and wide open
How complete the kit is. Does it come with everything you need?
Fit and finish
User friendly. How easy is it to work on sled with turbo kit installed.
Price...bang for the buck!

I'm sure these are all things people want to know.

Maybe we can get a couple magazines to do independant evaluations and report their findings? I think Mountain Sledder would probably be in.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Our kit only runs 7 pounds, so by no means is it a big boost kit. We have never run over 8 lbs boost.
I will bring our sled out with no gauges unless we want to have a boost gauge on it so there is nothing to hide.
it would be good to get some suggestions on what people would want to see for a comparison.
Here are some ideas.
Throttle response
Fuel economy
Clutching
Feel (how is the overall feel of the sled)
low speed, part throttle, and wide open
How complete the kit is. Does it come with everything you need?
Fit and finish
User friendly. How easy is it to work on sled with turbo kit installed.
Price...bang for the buck!

I'm sure these are all things people want to know.

Maybe we can get a couple magazines to do independant evaluations and report their findings? I think Mountain Sledder would probably be in.

Neil, I rode with guy who had a new Pro last season with your kit. 2 things turned me off. First how loud it was compared to stock and secondly the headlight delete was a pain when coming out at night. I know most won't care about these things but personally I like a sleeper. Things like this could be compared too.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had quite a few people ask me how our kit compares to all others, so I thought it would be best if we could do a side by side comparison of 2014 turbo kits.
so I would like to invite owners of any 2014 Polaris kits if they would like to spend a couple hours in the mountains doing some side by side testing.
It would be best if we could get all of them out in one day.
Who would be interested? I know there is a bunch of potential turbo owners, as well as some existing turbo owners that would like to see this comparison.

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

For what you are suggesting is a novel idea forsure.... However if a Magazine is going to be involved then if I may suggest for such a comparison you should contact Turbo Builders Directly such as Areocharger, MTNTK, HM, Turbo Performance, Silber, & ????? don't know them all & such as Boostit supply 'A' sled to try... Then the Manufactures pick/draw experienced sledders for the comparison... JMO... For me I have offered over the years for many peeps to throw a leg over my machines in the midst of a ride... But I'm not going to let any Joey Banana or Julie Strawberry ride my personal ride all day...

Cheers..

08nytro

Reaction score
Neil, I rode with guy who had a new Pro last season with your kit. 2 things turned me off. First how loud it was compared to stock and secondly the headlight delete was a pain when coming out at night. I know most won't care about these things but personally I like a sleeper. Things like this could be compared too.

I know on Neil's 14 pro he is running stock headlight so there's that option now!

Sent from my iPad using

NM

Reaction score
That is good feedback...thanks
For this year we offer a headlight delete with two 55 watt halogens, or the option of keeping the stock headlight. These turbos need a pile of air so we have tried various options including pulling air in through the stock airbox, but there is no way we could get enough through stock intakes.
We have looked at a muffler option and have even built some downpipes with a small stainless race muffler, but the demand has not been there so far. It is definitely something we should offer though.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
The Mntk kit is definitely short on options right now such as an intercooler and extra injectors but it has an awesome stainless steel muffler that is only 3 db louder than stock and it is a total sleeper till you here the whoosh whoosh. I made a custom air box outta fiberglass and draw in tons of air with my headlight left in, I love it. I know that I can get the upgrades soon but I am really happy running straight premium and having a wicked throttle response with no messing with the av gas. I think that some other kits may have more power but the throttle response, smoothness, high rpm pulling and bottom end of this kit will definitely put it in the running. I too do not want a bunch of people on my sled so it would be interesting to see how this carries forward. I am still interested in comparing though.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Mntk kit is definitely short on options right now such as an intercooler and extra injectors but it has an awesome stainless steel muffler that is only 3 db louder than stock and it is a total sleeper till you here the whoosh whoosh. I made a custom air box outta fiberglass and draw in tons of air with my headlight left in, I love it. I know that I can get the upgrades soon but I am really happy running straight premium and having a wicked throttle response with no messing with the av gas. I think that some other kits may have more power but the throttle response, smoothness, high rpm pulling and bottom end of this kit will definitely put it in the running. I too do not want a bunch of people on my sled so it would be interesting to see how this carries forward. I am still interested in comparing though.

Do you believe an inter cooler is going to be necessary for everyone using this kit Paul ?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Not at all, only if you want to do the long pulls in the 1 minute plus mark which I will never do anymore, getting to old for that s&%t, ha ha.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a couple of pulls this weekend in that heavy deep snow....pinned for a couple of minutes not even a factor at this boost level.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what you are suggesting is a novel idea forsure.... However if a Magazine is going to be involved then if I may suggest for such a comparison you should contact Turbo Builders Directly such as Areocharger, MTNTK, HM, Turbo Performance, Silber, & ????? don't know them all & such as Boostit supply 'A' sled to try... Then the Manufactures pick/draw experienced sledders for the comparison... JMO... For me I have offered over the years for many peeps to throw a leg over my machines in the midst of a ride... But I'm not going to let any Joey Banana or Julie Strawberry ride my personal ride all day...

Cheers..

So NM are you going to contact the above noted?

NM

Reaction score
So NM are you going to contact the above noted?
That is a great idea. I am going to send an email to Patrick Garbutt at Mountain Sledder Magazine and see if he is interested in contacting all of the turbo kit manufacturers to see if they would participate in a comparison test.
Sledders do love these types of comparisons and it would be great information for the buying public.
Im sure it can be confusing for people when selecting their mods.
This is exciting for us because we would be the sole Canadian Manufacturer.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neil that is great.... I hope the invites go over well as your approach for what you have laid out for comparison is very fair (if that's even a word these days). The end user then could determine what system would be best for them..

Cheers!

Also I will add if they don't you can also throw a leg over mine.. No problems.

Last edited:

NM

Reaction score
Neil that is great.... I hope the invites go over well as your approach for what you have laid out for comparison is very fair (if that's even a word these days). The end user then could determine what system would be best for them..

Cheers!

Also I will add if they don't you can also throw a leg over mine.. No problems.
I have sent Patrick an email so we will see what he thinks. It would be great if all manufacturers would participate.
I have personally ridden with all of the kits aside from MTNTK so this is very exciting for us.
An objective opinion from a Magazine would be great for all customers considering a turbo kit. We are already gearing up for next year and our goal is to do over 100 turbo kits including Polaris, Yamaha and ?????? ??? Lol

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to Shawn from MTNTK last night and he says if the date and place works out there in. Boondocker, bost it,mtntk,hm turbos, tss ,silber, anyone else ??

Top Bottom