Side by Side comparison Polaris turbo kits

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this comparison needs to happen, how many prospective turbo buyers have seen all the turbo options out there on the snow? Never mind running on the same day, or even in similar conditions. Sure it will be hard to make everything even, but that will also help show the differences, say if you want a low boost pump gas kit one kit might excel at that, if you want instant lower power boost maybe another kit is a little better, and if you want arm stretching chute shredding horsepower then another kit might rise to the top. Not all kits are built equal, with some appealing to a slightly different place in the market, some are more; user friendly, reliable, serviceable, and obviously the prices are not the same, so performance shouldn't be the only aspect of this comparison hopefully all the factors are considered.

I'm not sure why some others feel this is a bad idea, if you don't like it then don't participate, but not everyone has a chance to see these kits in action before purchasing one.

As for Boost-It, they build what is arguably the best kit out there right now, and I'm sure they are not done tweaking it yet. How many people out there can say they bought a kit, installed it, have everything fit perfectly with superb build quality, then run it for 500kms with zero issues and have never had to tweak the fuel controller? I for one can. So why bash a guy who works very hard at building a quality, reliable product, who then supports his customers after their purchase to ensure they have the most enjoyable experience possible with his product?

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has there been a date set for this, I would for sure come out and take a look. We all know that once you go boost its really hard to go back....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your never going to be able to see which one climbs best. but you will deffinetly be able to test the throttle response and how clean it runs etcetc. just to many varibles to say which one climbs best. 2 different riders on the same sled can climb 100m apart from eachother easily.

Good point. That's why one guy should do all the testing. I would be willing to be an unbiased test pilot for this comparison:d

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that anybody that wants to bring another builders turbo to a ride and test day against Neils stuff should go for it. Like I have said I would like to compare it to the turbo sleds that I have rode and the one I currently own.

I just can't see a magazine article ever flying because you won't get enough builders to agree to it. I may be wrong but I do believe that if you do not have legal written consent from a competitor or other builder, you wouldn't be able to speak of their product in the article. Legally I think it could be bad for Boost It if they went ahead with a magazine article based on other owners sleds with a product that wasn't legally tied to Neil.

So that being said I think Neil should have a greet and ride where he can explain to others what he feels is better about his product over others.

I have met Neil and have talked to him before at the Edmonton Snow Show. He's a nice guy and he knows his stuff. I seriously considered his product before I bought the sled I own now, turbo already installed at purchase.

Just my thoughts Neil......take it for what its worth. I hope whatever you decide is a win win for anybody attending or reading about it.

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that anybody that wants to bring another builders turbo to a ride and test day against Neils stuff should go for it. Like I have said I would like to compare it to the turbo sleds that I have rode and the one I currently own.

I just can't see a magazine article ever flying because you won't get enough builders to agree to it. I may be wrong but I do believe that if you do not have legal written consent from a competitor or other builder, you wouldn't be able to speak of their product in the article. Legally I think it could be bad for Boost It if they went ahead with a magazine article based on other owners sleds with a product that wasn't legally tied to Neil.

So that being said I think Neil should have a greet and ride where he can explain to others what he feels is better about his product over others.

I have met Neil and have talked to him before at the Edmonton Snow Show. He's a nice guy and he knows his stuff. I seriously considered his product before I bought the sled I own now, turbo already installed at purchase.

Just my thoughts Neil......take it for what its worth. I hope whatever you decide is a win win for anybody attending or reading about it.

007 Did you forget to take your meds again??

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome Idea NM and good for you for bringing it up and wanting to do a comparison. Being in the aftermarket industry I love seeing head to head competition seeing who is gonna come out on top and whos gonna give you the options you want. I think this would be very beneficial for people to see wich kit they like the best and also a great time to maybe destroy some rumours on turbo setups. I myself can never pull the trigger because I just do not know wich kit to personally get but would love a chance to try out all the companies and see wich kit best suits me.

Stamz92

Reaction score
I think there should be a couple different comparision tests on the kits do a test for just climbng and a test for boondocking in the trees and being on and off the throttle and see what one is the best all around , cause everyone today is trying to find that happy medium of where u can go play in the trees and boondock without having bad turbo lag and having a turbo that makes good horsepower if you wanna go do some climbing thats my opinion:cool:

Top Bottom