Should CANADIANS be Packing?

RevBlk

Reaction score
Wow. Holy passionate thread Batman. I lke it. I think the bottom line in all of this is that we as Canadians (Sorry Beef) are fed up with what is happening in our country. One point of contention that may or may not affect your thinking. In a lot of incidents where Canadian police officers are killed on duty with a firearm. It was there own gun. I would assume that these are trained professionals. Yet the bad guy got it away from them. Now I know most good old boys, me included would say. "Oh yeah but some of those cops are pretty small" etc., Point is so are some of our wives, sons, daughters, etc,. What happens to them when the schmuck gets their gun away from them. I stand by the principle that if these pimples on the a$$ of society were locked up in the first place before they graduated to these sort of crimes we wouldn't be having this discussion. 'Cause they would be in jail & we would be protected from their filth. Which brings me to something I just learned. Canadian Judges are appointed. Once they are in, too bad. If you don't like their decision again too bad. However Beef's Boys have a better way of doing business. Judges there are voted in. If the community doesn't like a decsion. Guess what. Dude is on the soup line come election time. Something to think about.
Just one man's opinion.
Rev

BeefRockmore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
BeefRockmore.com
Wow. Holy passionate thread Batman. I lke it. I think the bottom line in all of this is that we as Canadians (Sorry Beef) are fed up with what is happening in our country. One point of contention that may or may not affect your thinking. In a lot of incidents where Canadian police officers are killed on duty with a firearm. It was there own gun. I would assume that these are trained professionals. Yet the bad guy got it away from them. Now I know most good old boys, me included would say. "Oh yeah but some of those cops are pretty small" etc., Point is so are some of our wives, sons, daughters, etc,. What happens to them when the schmuck gets their gun away from them. I stand by the principle that if these pimples on the a$$ of society were locked up in the first place before they graduated to these sort of crimes we wouldn't be having this discussion. 'Cause they would be in jail & we would be protected from their filth. Which brings me to something I just learned. Canadian Judges are appointed. Once they are in, too bad. If you don't like their decision again too bad. However Beef's Boys have a better way of doing business. Judges there are voted in. If the community doesn't like a decsion. Guess what. Dude is on the soup line come election time. Something to think about.
Just one man's opinion.
Rev

US police have the same problem of getting their guns taken from them... generally this happens because the weapon was not concealed, but rather out in the open, the only thing preventing an attempt to grab it is social norms, and here in the US there seems to be a growing animosity towards police, even my 70 yo parents have some distrust of them

yes, judges always need to be on the line for their jobs, but it's still imperfect here.
man here was put away for 10 years for a murder he didn't commit, just released last year, the DA prosecuting hid evidence, he is now a judge and will not be brought on charges by his buddies. where is the public outcry? apathy is an evil thing.

700 efi guy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we're allowed, you can take a rifle or shotgun anywhere. you can't conceal any weapon and it can't be loaded when you drive. you can't carry a hand gun around either.

Honestly I do wish they'd ease up on the hand guns a little. we have remote quad in camp grounds and 80 - 90% of people bring a rifle or shot gun for bear protection. in that case it'd be nice to have a smaller gun that you could pack away a little easier, shotguns are so bulky. as far as being able to cruse the hood packing my gat. not a chance would I support that. and I don't see the need to conceal a weapon.

I think that shooting crimes are on the rise and I do believe most crime is a result of drug activity. a crack head holds a store up to buy crack, a drug dealer shoots or assults another dealer for stealing customers etc. get rid of the drugs and you'll drastically reduce crime, then all you'd be left with is roudy drunks on friday night.

on an end note I've never been able to carry a hand gun, I'm 30, my parents never carried either. they're way older. I honestly have never been in a situation where a hand gun would have helped the situation. as far as I know neither have my parents. I think we have it pretty good up here and anyone who really believes they need a gun must be living in a place that I've never been.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This whole issue of "gun possesion and the right to arm ones' self" should really be looked at from the "Criminals" point of veiw sometimes. If anyone of us honest guys and gals here had to pic a strangers property to break into and rob for example.. i'm sure all of us would avoid the house were the owner had a 12 guage under his bed. As stated numerous times in posts above, I believe the right to posses a gun, registered or not, disscourages crime.

However... I'm completely against citizens having the right to carry them out side of the home. Unless trained and liscenced etc.

700 efi guy

Reaction score
Not allowed you say but are they doing anything to regulate or monitor gun control???? Last time i check they made it on campus..... I say an eye for an eye and scotty i AGREE with you 200% IMO its time for us all to take a stand against violence and i believe if the shooters new with out a doubt that it was accepted for society to shoot back it would change their tune. Just like if a good old fashioned LINCHIN was still available there would be less ppl commiting the crimes they do. These are usually the comments that get rumors started about deano BUT i will say this I pitty the person that ever shoots,stabs or rapes anyone close to me, believe me the court room will never be seen. I like many still have the morales that i take very seriously,however unlike many i voice them.:cool:

fight fire with water. when you fight fires with fire sometimes you end up with a whole lot of fire and no amount of water will put it out.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that gang members might think twice about shootin people if we were aloud to pack heat but at the same time its not stopping all the shootings in the states where it is aloud to carry.

Yeah, and the majority of gun deaths in the US are right in the homes of the very people who keep the guns for "protection". Funny thing....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen on this thread ,someone refer to the Grehound incident.How far do you think that guy would have got had even one person on the bus had a gun.If you don't know who has one,it sure makes a person think.Note on the side...The killer at Dawson Collage,his weapons were all registered.

But suppose the guy on the bus with the gun decides to join the party and starts shooting more people. Or maybe he's a horrible shot and innocent people get hit in his attempt to stop a horrible crime. Guy on the bus had knife, does the gun in your hand make you more brave than say hitting him with a fire extinguisher or someones cane....and so on, and so on.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This whole issue of "gun possesion and the right to arm ones' self" should really be looked at from the "Criminals" point of veiw sometimes. If anyone of us honest guys and gals here had to pic a strangers property to break into and rob for example.. i'm sure all of us would avoid the house were the owner had a 12 guage under his bed. As stated numerous times in posts above, I believe the right to posses a gun, registered or not, disscourages crime.

However... I'm completely against citizens having the right to carry them out side of the home. Unless trained and liscenced etc.

How does a criminal know what's under your bed? Especially if he is not of sounds mind. They pick targets for far less than the thought of a gun being in the house. Flipside being too that if they know there's a gun, they just might use that against you.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of this conversation is based on the "fear" that all the bad guys are carrying guns. A whole lot of this is perpetuated by the media, and governments love you to be scared. They can use that to control you. If you really want to be scared of something then don't cross at a marked crosswalk. Over 10,000 people die in North America every year, walking across the road at marked crosswalks. But that doesn't make for good news. Compare that to how many people are "actually" invlolved in a violent crime where a gun is involved. Everyone can throw their NRA created statistics out, but please look into the State and National criem statistics before beleiving what the FOX Network wants you to believe. Do you really think a bad guy cares if you have a gun. If he wants to commit a crime he will. Criminals do not rationalize thier actions before committing the crime, so whether or not you have a gun is of insignificance to them...especially if high or mentally unstable. You can't tell me that the school or mall shootings were committed by people who would rationalize the thought of another carrying a gun. On the contrary, they would probably relish it and want the gun play....makes the high of the crime all that more exciting.

Absolute biggest risk to your life or that of your loved ones is getting into that nice shiney vehicle sitting in your driveway. Nothing else on this planet compares.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a great topic, keep it up. Reading all the opinons has got me flip flopping on the idea of carrying a gun. I too grew up shooting rifles and shot guns but the hand gun thing never really interested me. After reading this thread, i'm starting to reconsider. Also i think that extensive training should be involved wether the weapon is concealed or not. We cannot allow just anyone to carry as i am sure we can all think of a few people that we know would be a threat if packing a firearm.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think some people in my neighbourhood could guess there are some valuable things in my House all my TOYS, etc... kinda obvious,

I couldnt get a gun so heres what I got and it works similar to what you mentioned Scotty,

but really my dog would run from a mouse but he sure looks like he would fawcjk ya UP..

Audi.jpg

June 15 003 (Medium).jpg

great thread all! great opinions, thats why I am not a politician, just work HARD, PLAY HARDER and try and keep my head down at the right times. but if ya want to dance lets DANCE!

RevBlk

Reaction score
A lot of this conversation is based on the "fear" that all the bad guys are carrying guns. A whole lot of this is perpetuated by the media, and governments love you to be scared. They can use that to control you. If you really want to be scared of something then don't cross at a marked crosswalk. Over 10,000 people die in North America every year, walking across the road at marked crosswalks. But that doesn't make for good news. Compare that to how many people are "actually" invlolved in a violent crime where a gun is involved. Everyone can throw their NRA created statistics out, but please look into the State and National criem statistics before beleiving what the FOX Network wants you to believe. Do you really think a bad guy cares if you have a gun. If he wants to commit a crime he will. Criminals do not rationalize thier actions before committing the crime, so whether or not you have a gun is of insignificance to them...especially if high or mentally unstable. You can't tell me that the school or mall shootings were committed by people who would rationalize the thought of another carrying a gun. On the contrary, they would probably relish it and want the gun play....makes the high of the crime all that more exciting.

Absolute biggest risk to your life or that of your loved ones is getting into that nice shiney vehicle sitting in your driveway. Nothing else on this planet compares.
Very good point. Sad but true.
Rev

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the days we used to drive around with rifles and shotguns in a rack mounted in the back window of our trucks. Back then I was involved in many a bar fight,but no one ever thought about going to the rack.
As little kids we used to ride around on mini bikes and shoot each other with pellet guns....We had sense enough to wear helmets with face shields...but we sure pulled alot of pellets and BB's out that were skin deep.:eek:
I question what amount of training one needs to be ready to handle a gun fight situation.

BeefRockmore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
BeefRockmore.com

I only have the energy to say, I think you're way off. Most criminals to go into a situation knowing the odds and possible ramifications, including the death penalty and they DO care if the prospective victim is armed.

The NRA and Fox News are very reputable sources who use official numbers, unlike ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, BBC, etc that cook numbers or use skewed statistics.

From your closing statements, I presume you're against the personal automobile and probably believe the global-warming scam Al Gore cooked up. Isn't he up on fraud charges?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does a criminal know what's under your bed? Especially if he is not of sounds mind. They pick targets for far less than the thought of a gun being in the house. Flipside being too that if they know there's a gun, they just might use that against you.

It was a hypathetical question ??.. not litteral. A statement to illustrate or suggest that "IF" you new someone could protect them selves with a weapon "WOULD YOU COMMIT THE CRIME" ??? ... as a crimial of course.

LOL... If they could find my gun under my bed and beat me to it then I guess they would deserve to use it against me! ... cause I was too stupid to let them enter my room and pull out my gun, load it, that is after they found my secrectly located box of #4's... then shoot me! :eek::confused:

Zrrr.. I know your trying to make a point here , but i'm not a complete imcompatent? I never said the gun was loaded?

BeefRockmore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
BeefRockmore.com
Regardless of any argument, the anti-gun people want US Citizens to throw away the Constitution and Bill of Rights. It's that simple. They want government control, communism, and we want to keep our Freedom.

That's it in a nutshell and not just for guns, but for any subject.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think some people in my neighbourhood could guess there are some valuable things in my House all my TOYS, etc... kinda obvious,

I couldnt get a gun so heres what I got and it works similar to what you mentioned Scotty,

but really my dog would run from a mouse but he sure looks like he would fawcjk ya UP..

View attachment 8337

View attachment 8338

great thread all! great opinions, thats why I am not a politician, just work HARD, PLAY HARDER and try and keep my head down at the right times. but if ya want to dance lets DANCE!

Johni_T... Im not sure if I would run from that dog or run to it and hug it! That one sweet looking hound! You make a good point though. Deterence.

Top Bottom