Should CANADIANS be Packing?

BeefRockmore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
BeefRockmore.com
A guy like me...farm boy, had guns all my life, but am I properly educated to make a life and death decision for another person (while aiming a gun at them).

if you drew the gun, you better be able to make decisions for yourself, not others

if someone takes action, that causes a reaction, know what you're doing
if you aren't mature or secure enough to have a gun, you shouldn't have one, but don't expect government (police) to protect you, your attacker isn't going to wait for them to show up

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy like me...farm boy, had guns all my life, but am I properly educated to make a life and death decision for another person (while aiming a gun at them).

I dont think we need worry about this becoming a problem, IT IS ALREADY happening. I myself want to know that when my wife and daughter leave my site that they can protect themselves from the deliquants of society and if you want a real dose of reality i have a 23yr old brother who is with out a doubt a deliquant of society. Ive seen first hand what the drugs,gangs,money and whatever BS you wish to tag to that title can do to oneself and family. Do i want to protect myself and loved ones against ppl like this YES not a doubt in my mind.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And if you all read line one in this statement, its exactly why we as canadians FAIL to have control in our own country. We let the Govt tell us how it is.... And mitch bad example or not, if someone on that bus had a gun and guts enough to use it that kid would still be alive and justice would have been served. Id LOVE to see capital punishment return to our country aswell, but instead they'll piss away years of time and tax payers dollars first of all trying this guy in a court of law and when thats done then the head doctors will waste some more time and money trying to figure out WHY did he short circuit. JMO

Deano ...I appreciate your comments and your strait cut way of looking at things.......But for example....and only a example.....what if the citizen on the bus who has good intentions, kills a member of your family by mistake.[Mitch's post].....Is that just the price we pay for freedom of rights? or would you reconsider?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm on your side Deano, but what about the idiot who shoots a 6 year old kid cause he is not trained on the way to identify the person...yes it would happen.
Myself, I believe if we were allowed to carry, be on the same page as the vemon on the streets, things would change. Easy for some punk to play tough and pull a weapon when he knows you won't have one...But ...if he thinks you or someone else in the crowd may have a weapon, then he's not so tuff...in fact he's a chicken chit.
I dont think we need worry about this becoming a problem, IT IS ALREADY happening. I myself want to know that when my wife and daughter leave my site that they can protect themselves from the deliquants of society and if you want a real dose of reality i have a 23yr old brother who is with out a doubt a deliquant of society. Ive seen first hand what the drugs,gangs,money and whatever BS you wish to tag to that title can do to oneself and family. Do i want to protect myself and loved ones against ppl like this YES not a doubt in my mind.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With out a doubt little buddy there will ALWAYS be a price to pay for an action, with every action comes an equal and oposite reaction. Could i forgive someone for killing my family member in the defence of another good chance, would i forget NOT A CHANCE IN HELL. However in this case knowing someone stood solid ground and faced evil head on for the well being of a majority i could swallow the pill. I would wrather this than whats happening now where all ppl involved look at eachother with a blank stare and wonder, Which one of us is it going to be.

BeefRockmore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
BeefRockmore.com
Deano ...I appreciate your comments and your strait cut way of looking at things.......But for example....and only a example.....what if the citizen on the bus who has good intentions, kills a member of your family by mistake.[Mitch's post].....Is that just the price we pay for freedom of rights? or would you reconsider?

has to be an accepted risk, lesser risk than having an armed attacker come where he/she knows some of the prospective victims are packing, also part of training, in USA concealed-carry requires training

BeefRockmore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
BeefRockmore.com
With out a doubt little buddy there will ALWAYS be a price to pay for an action, with every action comes an equal and oposite reaction. Could i forgive someone for killing my family member in the defence of another good chance, would i forget NOT A CHANCE IN HELL. However in this case knowing someone stood solid ground and faced evil head on for the well being of a majority i could swallow the pill. I would wrather this than whats happening now where all ppl involved look at eachother with a blank stare and wonder, Which one of us is it going to be.

which 9-11 plane would you rather be on, one that crashed into a building where the passengers did nothing, or the Pennsylvania one where they fought evil?

BeefRockmore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
BeefRockmore.com
A few facts for letters about "gun-free" zones.
School shootings in Virginia and Mississippi were stopped by students and a vice principal who ran to their cars and got guns. The shooters gave up when faced with someone who had a gun. At the Trolley Square shooting (in a mall) in Salt Lake City, Utah, an off-duty police officer had a gun in a "gun free" mall (I guess it wasn't so gun-free after all). He distracted and delayed the shooter, saving lives.

There is a difference between feeling safe and being safe. You will hear people talk about wanting to feel safe. Offer the idea that it's more important to actually be safe. The police are good, but they can't be everywhere. Victims are everywhere, so they are the "first responders" to a crime.

"Gun Free" zones stop only honest people from having guns, making them less safe. If the idea is to get rid of all guns to make an area "safe," then prohibit the police from carrying guns there. No? Because we know that a trained person with a gun can stop a murderer. Doesn't matter if that person is wearing a uniform.

" I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy"

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wow, sroc... You really ruffled some feathers from all sides... Good points from every angle. You are quite the thread host, sroc... Good job, well done.... Keep the opinions coming in, all!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which 9-11 plane would you rather be on, one that crashed into a building where the passengers did nothing, or the Pennsylvania one where they fought evil?
I'am not nahing or yahing with your comments Beef...but you sure do bring up points many Canadians dont think about.
And yes I would of fought till the last second..........and Yes during the whole hostage thing I would be wishing for a gun........and Yes I would of used it.
Good Points BEEF

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here ye here ye i here by declare BEEFROCKMORE to run in the latest prsidential election. Oh by the way when your done in the US could you please HEAD NORTH.

BeefRockmore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
BeefRockmore.com
as you may have notice, i'm quite passionate about it

government in every aspect is a burden on the people, but a necessary one, however it is the responsibility of the people to regulate their government, not the other way around

i presume some here are of French decent, the USA would not likely exist but for the French, Viva La Liberty!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as you may have notice, i'm quite passionate about it

government in every aspect is a burden on the people, but a necessary one, however it is the responsibility of the people to regulate their government, not the other way around

i presume some here are of French decent, the USA would not likely exist but for the French, Viva La Liberty!
I travel the States alot and one of the things I enjoy the most is eating at Diner counters....best are the U shaped ones......The conversations are just like this thread.

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would rather Judged by 12 then carryed by six.
SO yes I'm packing as much as the law allowes..

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice! i love eating at those type places too, unless you get the farmers complaining about the weather, lol
Sausage gravy and biscuits...........the best

BEEF do you pack when you ride?......
Have you ever drawn your gun out to protect your self?

BeefRockmore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
BeefRockmore.com
Sausage gravy and biscuits...........the best

BEEF do you pack when you ride?......
Have you ever drawn your gun out to protect your self?

not when riding sleds, have in summer in the mts

not drawn on a person, have gotten one ready when it sounded like someone breaking in, seemingly false alarm

was instructed by a sheriff deputy friend, 'if you have it, be ready to pull it, if you pull it, be ready to aim it, if you aim it, be ready to fire, if you fire be ready to kill, otherwise... leave it at home'

Top Bottom