rides on their new pro RMK

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to see you got out riding scott. Hey did you get the 163? Where did you ride? Hope to see you up there on the 19th. Think you could out highmark your cat with the pro?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode oasis on friday, sorta, trail was impassable unless your riding a 450 deere, thanks to the bullshitting punk from vermilion who told us they were in there the week before. then climina on saturday. its ridable but thats about it, worst snow ive seen in over twenty years at this time of year. In its present form it would not out climb my cat but i did like the ride but the motor just feels a little flat. it has potential tho iam sure.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, thanks bud. Took mine out for a little burp on Saturday. Feels real flat and underpowered compared to my old kitty. oh well make the best of it i guess. Maybe if all us guys with pro's ride together it will be more even. lol...

Snow conditions suck this year so far hey. hopefully it gets better. ttyl bud.

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SPENT THE WEEKEND WITH ONE. THE FIRST DAY IT SEEMED UNDER POWERED BIG TIME COMPARED TO MY DRAGON. AFTER LOOKING IN THE MANUAL WE NOTICED THE ETHONAL RESISTOR.... SURE ENOUGH IT WAS IN. CHANGED THE RESISTOR AND THE MACHINE WAS ALOT BETTER THE NEXT DAY, A VERY NICE SLED. IT RIPS.:beer::beer::beer:

Mountainbuzzard

Reaction score
I have a couple hundred kms on my new 800 and if this is a first indication of what to expect " WOW " . Handles like a dream in the powder, don't worry about the low windshield this sled stays on top of the snow, if your goggles fill with snow it's because you turned too sharp and fell off. Just stand her back up and open the clutch side and bake your goggles on the head for a minute, remove, and carry on having a blast. I'm new as a member but not as a sledder so hopefully my pictures of Sicamous BC. work here it goes from Dec 4/10 Saturdays ride was by Blue Lake using Non ethanol High performance resister after four hours of break in. Pictures wont work maybe someone can put in non computor language.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First tank for break in since the dealer filled it, but hopefully not after that.

Ethanol is not consistant for what they put in it, sometimes you might have 5% and the next time you might have 15%, don't believe me get your own field tester ike we have at work, you would be suprised what they are allowed to call "10%".

Never had good luck with ethanol and even burnt down a couple sleds because of it, 2 carb sleds and one EFI sled, but this was also back in like 04-05 when it first gained ground, sour taste from it and will avoid it at all costs. Stuff is not good for all the plastic/rubber parts you see on a sled, especially if it sits longer than a couple weeks.

ProRmk800

Reaction score
First tank for break in since the dealer filled it, but hopefully not after that.

Ethanol is not consistant for what they put in it, sometimes you might have 5% and the next time you might have 15%, don't believe me get your own field tester ike we have at work, you would be suprised what they are allowed to call "10%".

Never had good luck with ethanol and even burnt down a couple sleds because of it, 2 carb sleds and one EFI sled, but this was also back in like 04-05 when it first gained ground, sour taste from it and will avoid it at all costs. Stuff is not good for all the plastic/rubber parts you see on a sled, especially if it sits longer than a couple weeks.

Ya im not a fan of ethanol either! I try and run shell 91 octane in all my sleds

sicamoose

Reaction score
I gotta admit I ride a REV and I sat on one of those RMK PRO'S yesterday at a dealer and was reaching for my mastercard......!!!!! Pretty rad sled - super slim and light. should be a lot of fun for those of you that have them!

shellnekov

Reaction score
, bring it on kitty, Polaris has figured out how to get the power to the track, pulls like a tractor, and does not fade like a doo. this is the finest sled I've rode in the past 15 years of riding, all I can ask for now is longevity.:)

My thoughts exactly, back form Blue River. 12 hrs on 800 pro, no etecs to pick on but took it bad to a 1000 cat. and I mean bad. things pull and pull. Only thing i noticed is after 3 tanks ,both me and buddy put in non-ethanol plug and never noticed any difference. Maybe needs more break in time. Anyway, best sled I have ever rode.

Scooby-doo

Reaction score
With you on that, was out last weekend put 3 days of riding in on my 800 assault 155. Came from riding 09 800 XP hillclimber last couple years. Polaris your back on toppppp.
Best sled I have purchase to date. Pull like tractors. 800 pro 163 I was riding with just awesome too got. Up on the snow no lookin back. NO REGRAT!! Great Job Polaris...

H2O

Reaction score
I will agree rode only two days so far.... and this thing beat every sled we ran into in the steep and deep.
Haven't ran against a e-tech yet.

The e-tech better be running good.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A thing to watch is oil comsumption. At our shop in mcbride this past weekend we had a couple guys with pro rmk's have motor's go down due to what so far has been traced back to faulty oil resevoir caps. The caps dont seem to vent properly and then cause oil to vacum lock the oil pump so it cant get any oil. One sled only had 6 hrs on it. Just wanted to give peeps a heads up to watch your oil comsumption cause not sure if these are isolated cases or not.

dougb

Reaction score
1.5 hrs on pro>>>Love it>>better than my cat by far,,,,Cat Killer for sure Crazy good ride and handling:Snowmobile1:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was riding in chappel and got cruising around with a guy on pro rmk 155, he seemed like he was having alot more trouble pulling some of climbs my m8 was pulling. He even got stuck in a couple spots that he really shouldn't of got stuck in. Who knows maybe the rider, but it did seem a little underpowered:d

Luvinit

Reaction score
Glenn, did you find what was wrong with the caps or note a way to fix them, I realize you didn,t repair the sleds as they are warranty.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A thing to watch is oil comsumption. At our shop in mcbride this past weekend we had a couple guys with pro rmk's have motor's go down due to what so far has been traced back to faulty oil resevoir caps. The caps dont seem to vent properly and then cause oil to vacum lock the oil pump so it cant get any oil. One sled only had 6 hrs on it. Just wanted to give peeps a heads up to watch your oil comsumption cause not sure if these are isolated cases or not.

When you factor in how little oil these new pro's seem to be consuming, it makes it even more difficult to be comfortable whether the system is working correctly or if there is a problem like you mention.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glenn, did you find what was wrong with the caps or note a way to fix them, I realize you didn,t repair the sleds as they are warranty.

If it was my sled i'd be putting a vent system in like the xp's have. Seperate hose with a one way valve on it.

Top Bottom