rides on their new pro RMK

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you factor in how little oil these new pro's seem to be consuming, it makes it even more difficult to be comfortable whether the system is working correctly or if there is a problem like you mention.

The best way to see if yours has an issue is to open up the panels and look at the hoses coming from the oil pump to the motor and see if there is any air in them. The ones i had here had barely any oil at all left in the lines.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
, bring it on kitty, Polaris has figured out how to get the power to the track, pulls like a tractor, and does not fade like a doo. this is the finest sled I've rode in the past 15 years of riding, all I can ask for now is longevity.:)

:p i'll play nice i promise:d:beer:

would love to take one for a rip, everybody seems to b real pleased so far.i rode polaris for years.[/QUOTE]

new poos are running real well but dont be to quick to jump on that cat killer or doo killer wagon yet cause we tested this weekend in some good snow and the new 2011 cats and etec doos were pulling a good 25-30 feet higher every pull the new cat was the closet! The poo handles like a dream and is a very nice ride polaris really stepped up! now these just need to work on not having there shocks bind up on you and it will be good, 2 rides with 2 different pro rmk's 2 different bent front shocks from hitting a bump to hard :eek: I think they may have been defective shocks almost looked like the air was completely gone dean hit a good sized bump and bent his shock into a j-shape but no other damage was done,then the guy in fernie hit one dip wheelied a bit then came down onto another dip in the trail and same thing shock and coil bent but no other damage kind of a weird thing to see. ask MOE on here about his bent shock experience in keystone lol Good work to polaris though they finally got there sleds to really produce and for the price tag that comes with them it is a nice buy forsure good work polaris :beer:

RyanSparrow

Reaction score
A thing to watch is oil comsumption. At our shop in mcbride this past weekend we had a couple guys with pro rmk's have motor's go down due to what so far has been traced back to faulty oil resevoir caps. The caps dont seem to vent properly and then cause oil to vacum lock the oil pump so it cant get any oil. One sled only had 6 hrs on it. Just wanted to give peeps a heads up to watch your oil comsumption cause not sure if these are isolated cases or not.

Yes Glen.. Thanks for all your help this weekend. WE are bringing in both RMK's and we will see what the damage is. Ill keep you posted. BTW we were up at Renshaw on sunday and it must have got at least 12" Sat night. Maybe more

doPorto

Reaction score
I went out to Golden with some friends on what I thought would be a 5 day snowmobiling trip to break in and try out my brand new Assault for the first time. I unloaded the sled and rode it up to the cabin at Quarts Creek (about 15 km from the parking lot maybe more). After taking a small break at the cabin I noticed a substantial amount of blue fluid leaking from the right side of the sled which turned out to be chain case oil. I found that it was not coming from the breather line but from the seal on bottom of the case. When I got back into cellphone range I called my dealer and found out that they may have made a mistake when they swapped out my competition track to the 5.1 track. I made arrangements to have another friend come out from Calgary (3 hour + drive each way) to pick me and the sled up so that I wouldn’t mess up my other friends trip. This is my first sled and I was hoping that by paying more for a brand new unit I would be able to avoid these type of head aches. On the bright side of things, my dealer which is a few hours out of the city is sending someone in to pick up my sled right away and they said that they would fix it up and repair any damage that may have resulted from a lack of oil in the chain case. On another note when we were trying to load up the sled to take it back to Calgary it took 20 plus pulls to start it and the clutch was making a loud squealing sound at points.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man does that ever suck. Keep me informed on what they did wrong please. I also have the assaul RMK and changed out the track to the 5.1. I took it for a 5 minute ride at home but that was it so far. going to hills shortly and pray that doesnt happen to me too.
Hope all gets fixed and you can enjoy the machine very soon.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More trhan likely what happened when the ychanged it out they either damaged the lower seal or ended up kickin the inner spring off the seal and that was why it leaked.

doPorto

Reaction score
The tech that set my sled up said something about there being some silicone on the cover somewhere and at the time he wasn’t sure why it was there. At least I’m pretty sure thats what he said. Either way its a shitty situation. I don’t get a lot of time to go out to the mountains and if I get 25 days in a season I would be stoked. Losing 5 days right off the start really blows. Not to mention having to ask someone to take a 6-7 hour round trip to pick you and your crippled machine up. I’ll let you guys know what the cause of the problem was when they figure it all figured out. Hope you guys all have some better luck with your machines.

rktekxrs

Reaction score
Not cool, just brought my sled into the garage for a thaw from the last ride, a week ago in valemount, added oil the second day, the third day the sled used very little oil, during the third day near the end of the day, I thought I felt it pull down for no reason, but never really gave it much thought, as it never quit. Had a buddy come over after seeing some posts on s&m, to give the cylinders a quick look with a scope, low and behold, that pull down was a squeak. I could see a bubble in the oil line, And could not suck through the vent cap. This sucks, 11 hrs on sled.

Good news, engine is good, no squeak, scope was deceiving, turns out a broken Primary clutch spring, thanks to my dealer Lornes small engine, for such quick service:)

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of this sounds very familiar, did everyone think cause the new poo looks better it actually was better? So far it seems like nothing but trouble. That dealer who screwed up the chaincase should be doing more than just picking it up and repairing what is wrong. I would be getting at least your couple days worth of grief in accessories, like to the tune of $300+ worth. I bought a new 11 m8 this year and I told them I was going to the mountains for the first ride so thats where I would find out if something was screwed and they told me if I had any problems and couldn't ride it that they would cover the cost of a rental for the remainder of the trip(thankfully I never had to take them up on their offer). Now that's backing your product:d

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not cool, just brought my sled into the garage for a thaw from the last ride, a week ago in valemount, added oil the second day, the third day the sled used very little oil, during the third day near the end of the day, I thought I felt it pull down for no reason, but never really gave it much thought, as it never quit. Had a buddy come over after seeing some posts on s&m, to give the cylinders a quick look with a scope, low and behold, that pull down was a squeak. I could see a bubble in the oil line, And could not suck through the vent cap. This sucks, 11 hrs on sled.

Pull off your oil cap. Have a look at the center part of it, there should be a 1/16th of an inch breather hole on the side of it. My dealer told me to check it. I could not breath through the top side of mine. After enlargening the hole it would vent no problem.

Last edited:

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull off your oil cap. Have a look at the center part of it, there should be a 1/16th of an inch breather hole on the side of it. My dealer told me to check it. I could not breath through the top side of mine. After enlargening the hole it would vent no problem.

Sounds like its to late for him:(

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the clutch squeeling could be your belt deflection set too tight. i rode our demo this weekend for a couple days and i can tell you its the best sled i have ever ridden. its so easy to manuver and it pulls like no tomorrow.

rsw84

Reaction score
shi* ball* fuc*k, im as die hard Poo as they come but this is really starting to get out of hand, does anyone have any connections at Polaris corporate ? with them concentrating there efforts so hard on ATV/UTV sales and moving there one MFG plant to Mexico im starting to think we are all going to have to switch .... Like oil can vent caps not venting ??? come on POLARIS :nono:

still would rather push a Poo than own a Doo ....

Kashworth

Reaction score
shi* ball* fuc*k, im as die hard Poo as they come but this is really starting to get out of hand, does anyone have any connections at Polaris corporate ? with them concentrating there efforts so hard on ATV/UTV sales and moving there one MFG plant to Mexico im starting to think we are all going to have to switch .... Like oil can vent caps not venting ??? come on POLARIS :nono:

still would rather push a Poo than own a Doo ....

I agree with ya on this, especially the last part. It has been a very discouraging past six years for a lifelong Polaris Patriot.

barry

Reaction score
I had an 09 dragon easy to roll over if stuck. Traded for 11 pro motor sits lower a real pain to roll now ,I ride with young son and wife so getting unstuck is usually a 1 man job. suppose to be 40 lbs lighter doesnt feel lke it when stuck.Had an 08 xp to be honest it felt much lighter.If you have dragon dont trade up if you are happy with it. I find 11 pro very stable on trail but to be honest miss deep snow handling of 09 10 dragon ^had 2 me and wife traded up to 2 sno pros. Opinion may change on sno pro as I have only used new sleds 1day these are honest first: impressions.:

depthcharger

Reaction score
400 miles so far on my totally stock pro RMK so far, switched to the non-ethanol plug, running 91 non-ethanol fuel. Sled is using oil, cap venting not an issue with mine and probably not for many other sleds either. Polaris has been using the same cap since 1996. I would check the oil line for an air bubble if you dont think your using any/ or enough oil. Sled has been flawless...love it

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
250 miles on my 11 Assault, unbelievable, cannot remember the last time I had this much fun:d!! bad news for my 09 155 Dragon:eek:.

ken ringland

Reaction score
after riding the new pro 800 for the last two months.............I have found this snowmobile to be a treat to ride,light and nimble,very easy to flick around in the trees,ravines and gullies,great suspension,climbs just as well or better than my M1 2009 162,so far problem free.I will leave this sled stock,it does not need anything done to it.Good power and torque.

powderhound08

Reaction score
These sleds are sweet, Rode up south castle yesterday, and had no problems. They pull hard and are so easy to ride, this sled will make you a better rider. I have rode polaris for a long time and after putting 4 engins in my 08 Dragon I was a bit sceptical, but am now very happy with the decision, to go with a new pro. I can only hope the reliability will be there, because these things rip.

threeamigoes

Reaction score
very impressive ride ,I have ridden my PRO at kings hill with 2 feet of untracked powder and yellowstone with 3 feet of powder, VERY IMPRESSIVE RIDE AND HANDLING , excellent balance point great throttle response, good power ,great for sidehilling and flickability, I rode with a 2010 M8 with a can and there was no power difference , he avoided the straight up climb comparability, very similar power, I know the pro handles dramatically better than the M8 . sorry my kid is not here to post pics for me lol

Top Bottom