Random Pictures Thread

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bee suit has arrived. Now I need to work up the guts to trust wearing that 16ft up a ladder to remove the wasp nest. I'm allergic to them little bastards. Try it out this weekend I guess see if they sting me through the suit. That's a Chinese 2XL so it's a bit tight on me.
Take a big can of WD40. A little gets on their wings and they can't fly. My experience, anyway.

Reactions: RXN

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3d1f1878ea4614e6a51b10eec9f4b3d6.jpg

55eebbf2d4b699b00582798fb3fbe655.jpg

7f70d24c20c35073f1572facbe178869.jpg

Last edited:

scesfiremedic

Reaction score
A071BDA9-D69C-41A2-8283-B3155896B660.jpg
Crane down at Dr. Magaret- Ann Armour school in Windermere. There were no injuries and a worker on scene said there is no property damage. Details on how it happened remain thin. Crews are waiting for occupational health and safety. OHS said a crane operator was performing a pre-life safety check on a crane when the left rear outrigger sunk into soft ground, causing it to tip over. The employer has retained an engineering company to develop a plan to get it upright. No injuries.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 218260
Crane down at Dr. Magaret- Ann Armour school in Windermere. There were no injuries and a worker on scene said there is no property damage. Details on how it happened remain thin. Crews are waiting for occupational health and safety. OHS said a crane operator was performing a pre-life safety check on a crane when the left rear outrigger sunk into soft ground, causing it to tip over. The employer has retained an engineering company to develop a plan to get it upright. No injuries.

That’s a piss test...

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 218260

Can air have unlimited weight? Ancient astronaut theorists say “yes”.

Last edited:

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 218260

Believe it or not this crane will never legally lift a piece of equipment again.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not this crane will never legally lift a piece of equipment again.

That’s not true, they will have to go through it and do a 10year inspection on it. They tear everything apart and inspect all weld. Any defects will need to be corrected or parts replaced. I know this from experience...

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s not true, they will have to go through it and do a 10year inspection on it. They tear everything apart and inspect all weld. Any defects will need to be corrected or parts replaced. I know this from experience...

What are we talking cost wise? Everything is repairable I guess.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They could but not likely worth it, likely better value in selling it to another country with lower standards, or someone lifting where they don't need certifications even locally. The cost of rebuilding that stuff is insane if it's done 100% by the book.

Definitely one operator looking for a new job....probably should be working at Mcdonalds by the looks of it.....

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are we talking cost wise? Everything is repairable I guess.

It depends on the damage, in our case it wasn’t too bad, and insurance paid it. It looks like an almost identical incident to the one we had, only difference was we were lifting a load when the ground gave way under an outrigger.

I’ll tell you this, the snubbing jack and truck cost a lot more to fix than the crane did.

Top Bottom