problem??

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just went out to the garage to load my sled for tomorrow and it appears as though i have a puddle of oil below my front shock. pretty sure it's toast. pics attached. any suggestions?? anyway to fix these things, or do i just need to buy a new one? when it comes time to replace/fix it, will i have any problems doing this in my garage?
figure i'll still go tomorrow, just gonna gonna be a 'springy' ride in.

Attachments

• P4250001edit.JPG
    P4250001edit.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 312
  • P4250002edit.JPG
    P4250002edit.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 309
  • P4250003edit.JPG
    P4250003edit.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 301

snowgood

Reaction score
Crank them a little stiffer? that might help for a tempory fix.Lets ride? heading out to elk ford or corbin.Any suggestions,I think it will be a repeat of fording.:beer::beer::beer::

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is lots of fluid in there...
if it is not gushing out it will last quite awhile..
the biggest thing that you will need is to compress the spring..
from what I have been told is that they are repairable.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with your pics, it does not look as if it is coming from the shock ??

yeah , sorry, i moved the sled before i took the pics. it is dripping out of the the bottom. i chatted with the shop, they said this year is not able to be rebuilt. crappy. oh well, still riding tomorrow!!

DTH

Reaction score
yeah , sorry, i moved the sled before i took the pics. it is dripping out of the the bottom. i chatted with the shop, they said this year is not able to be rebuilt. crappy. oh well, still riding tomorrow!!

Those shocks are not rebuildable.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of shocks and springs off of a 2004 Rev Adrenaline

Let me know if you want them

$150

birdie
780-719-6220

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just went out to the garage to load my sled for tomorrow and it appears as though i have a puddle of oil below my front shock. pretty sure it's toast. pics attached. any suggestions?? anyway to fix these things, or do i just need to buy a new one? when it comes time to replace/fix it, will i have any problems doing this in my garage?
figure i'll still go tomorrow, just gonna gonna be a 'springy' ride in.

Just order the new shocks, your springs are probably fine. I have a heavy duty spring compressor you can borrow or you can just bring them by and we can swap the springs at my place. It will take about 5 mins honestly. Don't try and use a "home grown" method to getting the springs off. I will bring the spring compressor to your place if you need it, I would rather this than hear you lost a finger. Seriously, I tried the tie down method once - one of the dumbest things I ever did. I PM'd you my #. If anyone else needs it in Calgary, let me know.

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im guessing the chain case has a crack in it and all the chain case oil will drain out check the level of oil and go from there

Top Bottom