850 Polaris brakes dragging

sledder325

Reaction score
New 850 Polaris rmk pro brakes are dragging but when I crack the bleeder they unstick, so I took the cap off of the master cylinder and when I squeeze the brake lever then release it the master cylinder does not burp back fluid out of the one master cylinder hole cause I checked on another Polaris and when you release the brake handle it burps back fluid well you can tell fluid is coming back which releases the brake piston I do believe.
Anybody else experience this and have a fix or does anybody have any suggestions.
In my mind I think it might be the master cylinder any thoughts or ways of fixing it much appreciated

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think it is under warranty??? If it isn't, you need to figure out if the brake fluid is contaminated, meaning pull the master cylinder apart and see if the seals are swollen - a good indicator there has been a petroleum product introduced into it. You could also bench bleed the master cylinder - I'm sure google will provide some you tube videos....

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New 850 Polaris rmk pro brakes are dragging but when I crack the bleeder they unstick, so I took the cap off of the master cylinder and when I squeeze the brake lever then release it the master cylinder does not burp back fluid out of the one master cylinder hole cause I checked on another Polaris and when you release the brake handle it burps back fluid well you can tell fluid is coming back which releases the brake piston I do believe.
Anybody else experience this and have a fix or does anybody have any suggestions.
In my mind I think it might be the master cylinder any thoughts or ways of fixing it much appreciated

What year's the sled, hoss?

Top Bottom