Pretty early

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a whole group of buddy's out yesterday, put in at Dunvegan on the Peace. I'm not back till tonite but can't wait to get out, the Wapiti will be good to go in a couple days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 252
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 256

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got to take a drive and what the NSR looks like. I got some stuff I want to do to my boat first. New impeller with different pitch, new fish finder with GPS and some better fishing rod holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a whole group of buddy's out yesterday, put in at Dunvegan on the Peace. I'm not back till tonite but can't wait to get out, the Wapiti will be good to go in a couple days.

What's in the tree?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's in the tree?

i believe that's at Pratts Landing, I've only been there once, not sure what that is there's a picnic shelter and little campsite there. Someone may chime in who knows what that is , seen it but can't remember.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well didn't get out but got it ready to go! New impeller oil change, spark plugs, air filter. Noticed that I had lost the plug so I grabbed a new one and a spare. Still need to get my fish finder GPS in and put the graphite paint on the bottom

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice day , lots of boats on Wapiti and Smokey. Went to rat shack for lunch then came back and went up simmonette just to first swimming hole , had a hoot. Supposed to be nicer tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 172

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LennyR, how does that Edge work for you? did you do many changes to the bottom? I've heard Jetcraft has a way to tune them up a bit.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LennyR, how does that Edge work for you? did you do many changes to the bottom? I've heard Jetcraft has a way to tune them up a bit.

Yeah there's really no Edge left below the waterline. The original Edge bottom was tweaked a bit by Jetcraft for the guy I bought it from, it worked very well, not very Edge-like. that bottom may have been good, but it really lacked good sense , was apparently blind , and was a very dumb bottom, it Just seemed to hit every rock it could find, and, it had a desire to slide up on rocky shores, near, the water. Last winter Jetcraft cut the whole bottom out , rebuilt it and put in one of their own intakes. I didn't put the plastic back on but did put a strip of QT in the middle. It really works well, you can see in the one picture at about 3000 ish Rpms the gps said 35-36 mph down in Wapiti, Up stream same day about 32-3300 to run at 35 mph. I bought it with a 3.4 kW impellar but have switched motors and have tried the 3.4 and a 4 kW, I much prefer the 4. It's an 8 degree, I had it banged down to about 2 degree before they worked on it, leaving the plastic off made it handle much better IMO, but it does make it louder for sure , just water/hull noise.
I'm a Jetcraft fan , those guys really know their onions, maybe a bit stuck in the 80's style wise but their bottoms work very very well. I bought a 15 ft little sister also to take out and bash around when there's rocks between the water spots so the Edge should have a little easier life. I think that's kinda why their bottoms work so well, they understand the difference between designing a 15-17 foot boat built specifically for shallow banging and crashing , and a bigger boat with an extremely strong bottom that can go shallow but not carry so much water under it that it can't ever really get on plane, just works the crap out of it and burns gas like crazy to maintain a decent speed. I bought it same colour same design from original but it was painted by Edge, they do phenomenal work , but to get it painted same around here was right around $10 grand, ouch, so I had Logo-tech do a full wrap same as original, they did a great job, little wax and work and it shines as good as the paint , and they can patch it "when" I screw up .
I really like the boat, comfortable to camp in (for 2) lots of storage , and works well.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out last night with a bunch of boats , first night of WNJB club (wednesday night jet boat) , was about 8 boats . Lots of nice nights the last couple years easily get 15 to 20 boats out, lots of fun. Last night was 2 of the guys birthday, gonna try and post a video but don't know how, he brought out the gas powered blender , man that thing is dangerous , especially noticed the next morning :). I jumped in with big buck hunter, has a 23.5 ft edge with a huge blower and a gazillion HP and 2 belt driven scott pumps, thing is insane . Literally gets on plane in the length of the boat , at 3000 rpms if hyou're not hangin on when he nuts it you'll be rollin off the swim deck , way fun ! Buddy Jeff was out last night with his brand new jet craft 24 ft twin hamiltons twin LSA's , beautiful boat. Gonna be a fun year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like alot of fun,makes me want to buy a boat.I have a gas powered blender they can hurt the next day lol.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet pics lenny, where does one get a gas blender?

I'm told you can't buy them in Canada anymore , cause of emission laws, now I don't know if that's true or if buddy's were just yanking my chain.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WNJB group last night , good bunch of boats , only one stuck casualty near the end of the night, didn't get pucks but he just zigged instead of zagged , had to pull him a couple boat lengths off s mud bar , worked out fine. Amazing how far ahead the trees are compared to normal years in the riverbanks. The River Rat club president got a table and a bbq and we put it on the wapiti just up from the Smokey, it's gonna live there for everyones convenience and use , hopefully people respect it . You'll need your own propane.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 248
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 243
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 244
Top Bottom