Pretty early

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple buddies were out yesterday on the Peace . Had a nice day , won't be that long for the Wapiti either. I'm envious , hope its open by the time i get back on the 4 th.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 479

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
almost time to dig the boat out and put it in the peace, the rivers should clean up fast with the minimal runoff we should see this spring

Last edited by a moderator:

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some buddies in Brooks were out riding last week

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen these guys on Facebook, super jealous of them. I don't think my boat runs properly without a beer in the cup holder lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ice front on the Peace never even got to the Shaftesbury crossing this year, ferry ran until the 21st of December and they only pulled it because the transmission broke. there was an ice jam north of the town of PR, river came up 5 meters and stayed there until it let out a week ago. the icebergs hung up along the banks are 10-15' tall. they won't be able to get to the launches in town for a while

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a blast!

Picked my boat up from red deer yesterday. Ran into a little snag installing the engine this afternoon but hoping to have it running by the weekend.

Like troy said though, might have a fun time getting it into the water. I'm hoping the ferry launch is clear enough.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Fixed thread up a bit. Removed a few posts. If you feel a need for an argument please either refrain from posting or keep it between pm's. The old saying comes to mind here from the movie Bambi, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all"

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a blast!

Picked my boat up from red deer yesterday. Ran into a little snag installing the engine this afternoon but hoping to have it running by the weekend.

Like troy said though, might have a fun time getting it into the water. I'm hoping the ferry launch is clear enough.
I'm sure you could put in there now Jay, there was very little ice there from what did freeze on shore. this was 10 days ago at the ferry dock, stole the pic from FB...not sure what it looks like at the boat launch. lock in the hubs lol

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you could put in there now Jay, there was very little ice there from what did freeze on shore. this was 10 days ago at the ferry dock, stole the pic from FB...not sure what it looks like at the boat launch. lock in the hubs lol
Thanks!

We can make that work. The beauty of jet boats is that if things get a little western with the truck you can push it out with the boat and a whole lotta floorin'. Done it a few times. Works quite well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
the ice front on the Peace never even got to the Shaftesbury crossing this year, ferry ran until the 21st of December and they only pulled it because the transmission broke. there was an ice jam north of the town of PR, river came up 5 meters and stayed there until it let out a week ago. the icebergs hung up along the banks are 10-15' tall. they won't be able to get to the launches in town for a while
Was up there beginning of December there wasn't even really any ice on the river at that point

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Counting the days. Checked out the launch last days and didn't look to bad. One more trip to Mexico then its all business at the river on days off. Fingers crossed.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NSR around Edmonton is still pretty frozen. But it does look like the edges are starting to break up.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lenny says pretty early ? I guess he doesn't know the Peace never freezes at Taylor? Lol
Around GP it seems the Rivers always go out around mid to third week of April from what I have seen over the years .

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lenny says pretty early ? I guess he doesn't know the Peace never freezes at Taylor? Lol
Around GP it seems the Rivers always go out around mid to third week of April from what I have seen over the years .

guys have been boating all winter with the warm weather....I just don't want to get road spray on my boat so I am waiting for dry road

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guys have been boating all winter with the warm weather....I just don't want to get road spray on my boat so I am waiting for dry road

Exactly . Salt and aluminum don't go good if you get caught on road word ****ty weather?
Plus trailer and everything else.
Boys in picture made a clean run .

Top Bottom