Powerstroke to cummins conversion

C

Cycle

Why would anyone take a cummins out of a Dodge, the are like a set of asian twins: perfect.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is all the talk on the 12 valve and not the newer 24 valve? Is there a size issue? Or???
Easier install, cheaper power, cheaper motor. 24v has a crappy injection pump, and the CR is a crappy motor they have injector issues and most are dead long before 500,000km.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easier install, cheaper power, cheaper motor. 24v has a crappy injection pump, and the CR is a crappy motor they have injector issues and most are dead long before 500,000km.

Ya and you wanna know why? People using chitting fuel and fuel filters,. period, done, end of subject.

Theres a reason Cummins is called million mile engines

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya and you wanna know why? People using chitting fuel and fuel filters,. period, done, end of subject.

Theres a reason Cummins is called million mile engines
Sure for the injectors but that's not what causes them to melt down with a programmer. The 12v's were million mile motors, the 24v's too for the most part, the CR's aren't anymore.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure for the injectors but that's not what causes them to melt down with a programmer. The 12v's were million mile motors, the 24v's too for the most part, the CR's aren't anymore.
....never mind that 6.7. Bet you couldn't get 1/4 of the miles out of that thing as you could with the 5.9 CR

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are leaning towards a 12v,maybe you should search kijiji for a wrecked truck
and part out some of the useable parts that you wont be needing.
I am looking for afew parts for my 02,so I would be interested in even splitting the
purchase of a roll over or crashed 98-02 .There was a wrecked 02 flat deck in a local
impound awhile ago,I could get some info on it,if you were interested in a 24v?

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....never mind that 6.7. Bet you couldn't get 1/4 of the miles out of that thing as you could with the 5.9 CR

Dunno bout that....hot shot fleet I deal with has all 6.7s and ALL have over 500,000kms on them, with about half of them having the deletes. You can sure tell which ones have the EGR delete....lol

But all in all the 12V is a great engine and a person can gain extra HP for free.

Top Bottom