Fund RaisingRaffles?

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What all is needed to do one?

Buddy of mine was just contacted my the fraud division of the RCMP and threatened because they said he was defrauding our crew at work.

He was selling tickets to raise money for a buddy of ours/coworker who has brain cancer and someone called it in as fraud. The main prize was a 2 day fishing charter with him in BC and the 2nd and 3rd were cash prizes.

All the proceeds were going to our friend and this isn't the first time our crew has done this. I'd love to find out who is KAREN enough to ruin this good cause but I'm trying to figure our a legit was to keep this going.

Any tips or help

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
this is a terrible way to ruin what was meant to be a great thing for sure.

In order to run a legitimate raffle it all has to be approved and ran through the AGLC, it's a pile of paperwork, and there's a pile of rules, the website lays most of it out.

The trailer raffle we are running for the sled club was 6 weeks to get fully approved and going.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh wow. I did end up finding the site and it said 4-5 business days haha. Typical government.

He was pretty choked that someone was that offended to call the police. We told him to go to court and find out who it was but that is a whole headache in itself.

Top Bottom