Powerstroke to cummins conversion

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on here tried or know of someone who has tried doing the cummins convention? I'm thinking of swaping my 6.0 and putting in a 5.9 cummins

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on here tried or know of someone who has tried doing the cummins convention? I'm thinking of swaping my 6.0 and putting in a 5.9 cummins
I can't believe more guys don't do the swap especially since it's cheaper than swapping in another 6.0.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard it's not that big of a job. Or should I say not as big as you think it would be. Cause I am sure it would be big! But a good idea!

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are several trucks with the swap done in the vancouver area. 2 guys I know went with a kit from a company in the states called Destroked and it seemed to make the conversion fairly simple.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out fordcummins in Montana. They a good kit to do it. Also supreme diesel in sexsmith has done the conversion.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you put stacks on it though so that when the engine starts falling apart from the inside out, it all goes through the exhaust and into the box. Don't have to go back and pick pieces up.

Baaaaaaaaaaaa. Now that there is funny

So that's y the gay stacks are mostly on Ford's.. makes sense

sent from my htc

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife's uncle up by Hinton has had one now for about 10 yrs. The 7.3 went in his dually so he dropped a 12 valve cummins. He's currently working on his next project truck, a 2002 ish dually crew cab that had a gas guzzler in it and dropping in a 12 valve cummins.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
camped with a guy this past weekend that has an H1 Hummer that is now a 12V cummins, he bought it like that in Toronto and drove it back, but still pretty neat.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Know a few guys that have done it. I would love to get rid of my 454 and put a cummins in my motorhome.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The father in law is working on the exact same thing - yard out the 454 in the motorhome and stuff in a 12V Cummins.

hmmmm, buy a new truck in a couple years, or yank the 454 out and put in a 12v cummins..... hmmmmmmmm

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Dad did this to his one ton Ford. He junked the 7.3 and put in a real motor, a 12 valve :). He's a damn good mechanic and he spent a good part of one winter doing this in his spare time.

Top Bottom